Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 08:22 AM
Tim Pruitt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HWFM Racing Membership

Mike and Members of Hey Wait For Me Racing,

I would like to apply for membership in your fine organization.

I have the following qualifications:

1) Own an Arena Red 97' 993 2S, Autocross in P17.
2) Own a Blue/Yellow (HWFM Racing Team Colors) 924S that I race in PCA I Class and NASA Small Bore.
3) Was running in 6th Place in Rookie Race at Road Atlanta in April, made Rookie mistake and Ended up in gravel trap in Turn 1. Was extricated from kittly liter and managed to finished race in 22nd place. Have since finished 6th in Enduro at BMP and 10th in Sprint Race at BMP. Finished 1st Saturday and 2nd Sunday with NASA at Road Atlanta in June.
3) Slogan on rear bumper of my 924S, "924S....Faster Than The Speed of Dark".
4) Very Good Mixologist but, you already have one of those.
5) Mechanical Engineer but, you already have an Engineer.
6) I could be HWFM Racing North East Atlanta Represenative, Deep Fried Turkey Chef, Master Bourbon Tester and Driver.

I can probably think of others if required.

Regards,
Old 07-20-2004, 11:09 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

I have to endorse Tim's application. He very graciously offered to go into the kitty litter at Road Atlanta, so that I would not finish DFL. However, I managed to overheat my engine and still did the team proud despite tim's valiant efforts.

And he wanted this membership so badly he painted his car in the team colors.

Any objections team mates?
Old 07-20-2004, 11:13 AM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yada
Yada
Yada
Approved by the BT
That does it

Last edited by STLPCA; 07-23-2013 at 03:46 AM.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:45 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

LOL

Dan spent three years at a prestigious law school to learn highly technical law jargon like "Yada"
Old 07-20-2004, 12:00 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Very clever that, Faster than the Speed of Dark. However, I think we need to work on the team member name. Like you said, the team already has a Mixologist and Engineer, so your skills are not needed there. Maybe you could be the Kitty Litter Tester, or OTE Instructor or something. You seem so skilled in that regard. Any other skills that the team may benefit from?
Old 07-20-2004, 12:11 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

"HWFM Racing North East Atlanta Represenative, Deep Fried Turkey Chef, Master Bourbon Tester and Driver"

Hmmm...

adrienne got me thinking. Tim that title is a little long, maybe you can keep two of the titles in addition to Driver.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:17 PM
Agro1
Banned

Why are HWFMR applications and other non-993 related items being posted in the 993 forum ? Shouldn't things like this be posted in the General Forum ?
Old 07-20-2004, 01:33 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Argo

HWFMR started as my personal racing effort.

I listed it in my signature.

Several other 993 owners saw it, and asked if they could be a part of the team.
It has now grown to over 120 members, the vast majority of whom own 993s and enjoy participating in motorsports with them, but more importantly, enjoy laughing.

If your question is based on why it's so frequently on this board, that's why.

But having read many of your posts, perhaps, you find HWFMR posts not relevant to you, or perhaps you are even perturbed by them. If either of those is correct, I'd recommend you just not open anything that has HWFM in the title.

If you feel that HWFM posts should not be on the 993 board at all, you'll have to take that up with Viken and John D, the board's moderators.

By the way, they are both team mates.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:05 PM
Agro1
Banned

Mike - I understand that many of the HWFMR teammates own 993's - they also own other cars...Like Tim listed above, he owns a 924S. I see you also own a 944S2. Why not post in the 944 forum ??

You are correct, HWFMR is not relevant to me. But more importantly, it is not relevant to the 993 forum or the many 993 owners that are not HWFMR members. HWFMR applications have NOTHING to do with our cars, and more often then not, the HWFMR posts in general belong in the General forum. HWFMR takes up a lot of storage space on Rennlist and uses this site to communicate and promote your cause. I would think that as "founder" you would at least consider becoming a Rennlist sponsor...
Old 07-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Tim Pruitt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Adrienne,

What about:

HWFM Racing Kitty Litter Chief Scrutineer and Driver
Old 07-20-2004, 02:35 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts

Where's that smiley icon with the popcorn when I need it?

Seriously and FWIW this whole HWFM racing thing is just a way for these guys to have some comraderie amongst themselves. For the most part I think it's light hearted fun and that's why there are so many members. Alot of the members happen to have been around for a long time as well so I think that's why it's permitted on the board. It's harmless fun imo. However there are some instances where some of the members like to push their weight around and for some non members this club can be percieved as separatist to the 993 board in general. From what I understand membership is open to all though.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:38 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Argo

I also post on the Racing Forum. That site seems more appropriate to me than the General Forum.

I do believe having fun with a 993, or any mode of Porsche, is relevant to this board, and that is why I have always felt it was appropriate to post here. If you do a search, you will find that a lot of other 993 owners feel the same way.

I realize it may not be relevant to you. Also the Miami Fun Runs, the BAR runs, the CAR gatherings and others are probably not relevant to you either. But those are all
ways in which people have fun with their cars. 944s, 914s, 912s 928s 986s and 996s show up for those. Are you planning to ask that those be moved to the General Forum as well?

I do not use this forum to promote a cause. I've never made a dime off HWFMR. In fact, just the opposite. I have no plans for forum domination, or world domination. I've already explained how Hey Wait For Me Racing started, and why I believe it continues.

If you do a rather extensive search, you'll find we are very welcoming to new members.

Our only restrictions are that applicants have a sense of humor, and not act like jerks.

If you can meet those requirements, you're welcome to apply.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:48 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Luke,

Almost everyone is given some leeway on where posts fit. As an Admin, my job is to keep these things reasonable, rather than play post ****. There is far more to Rennlist boards than the pure content for each area or forum - they have personalities and HWFM is an integral part of the 993 board personality. Almost 50% of the most recent threads could be moved based on very strict interpretations of Off Topic. That would destroy the personality of the board. Is that what you want? I think it is.

If you don't like reading about HWFM, don't click on the link directing you to the subject. That applies to all subjects you may consider off-topic. Now, back to our regular programming.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Randy

I was typing while you were posting.

Thanks.

There is no intent whatsoever to be seperatist.

John D and Rennlist provide us with so many ways to enjoy our cars, whether it is through knowledge, expertise driving techniques, sources, help, fun, laughter, and as you pointed out, camaraderie. HWFMR is just another facet of that.

You are right that the team is open to all, as long as they are willing to post their more embarrassing moments.

There was an argument a few years ago that the 993 board and Rennlist should just be devoted to technical info.

Some one used a library versus a pub analogy. I think that was particularly apt.

In a pub you can have all kind of conversations happening at once. when you walk in scan the room, and join in on the one that interests you most.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:01 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Good to see Agrovating is still making friends and influencing people.

In the interest of full disclosure: yes I am a part of HWFM; yes I am part of the old gaurd (according to agrovating); yes I have good friends from Rennlist (who may or may not be part of the old gaurd according to agrovating); and finally, yes I still find agro agrovating.

Let me just get this out of the way ahead of time: I for one do not endorse agrovating for membership - especially according to the requirements above of a sense of humor and not acting like jerks.

Sincerely,

E. J.
LeMans Sponsor

Quick Reply: HWFM Racing Membership