HWFM Racing Membership

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 03:13 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally posted by Mike in Chi

I do not use this forum to promote a cause. I've never made a dime off HWFMR. In fact, just the opposite. I have no plans for forum domination, or world domination. I've already explained how Hey Wait For Me Racing started, and why I believe it continues.

If you do a rather extensive search, you'll find we are very welcoming to new members.

Mike, why do you even bother to reply???? Unbelievable...

As for Tim's app, you have my thumbs up too!
Old 07-20-2004, 03:20 PM
Agro1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also post on the Racing Forum. That site seems more appropriate to me than the General Forum.
Agreed - since you are a RACING team, why not keep all posts in the RACING Forum ?
I do believe having fun with a 993, or any mode of Porsche, is relevant to this board, and that is why I have always felt it was appropriate to post here.
So then you have no problem with the 996 guys coming onto the 993 forum to ask questions about their 996's ? What's the point in having different forums specific to each model ??
I realize it may not be relevant to you. Also the Miami Fun Runs, the BAR runs, the CAR gatherings and others are probably not relevant to you either. But those are all
ways in which people have fun with their cars. 944s, 914s, 912s 928s 986s and 996s show up for those. Are you planning to ask that those be moved to the General Forum as well?
Nope - Just HWFMR...
I do not use this forum to promote a cause. I've never made a dime off HWFMR. In fact, just the opposite. I have no plans for forum domination, or world domination. I've already explained how Hey Wait For Me Racing started, and why I believe it continues.
Super - yet you continue to use Rennlist and the 993 Forum to promote and discuss HWFMR and you certainly gain membership from this Forum, and, your "team" is clearly growing as a result of it's participation on Rennlist - why not become a sponsor ?
If you do a rather extensive search, you'll find we are very welcoming to new members.
Our only restrictions are that applicants have a sense of humor, and not act like jerks.
If you can meet those requirements, you're welcome to apply.
Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass...
Old 07-20-2004, 03:24 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Tim
"HWFM Racing Kitty Litter Chief Scrutineer and Driver"

I like that. Are you up to it?

And sorry your application has had a bit of an OTE.

Team mates
While Argo's idea that an entity that makes no profit and
has no real business would be a sponsor seems odd at first blush, maybe it is really a good idea.
A lot of 993 owners who really care about this board would like to do
more to help AND are already HWFM members.

I could ask John D what sponsorship costs and we could chip in to support.

A thought. What do you all think?
Old 07-20-2004, 03:26 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

"Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass..."

Whew.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:29 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Comeon Mike, come clean. You know you got a ride at the Daytona 24 next year in one of Buckler's cars from all the money you raised for them for LeMans. Time to fess up.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:33 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts

Argo,
I have watched for months so many threads you chime in on turn into pissing matches. I have watched and not replied thinking "he will get it" YOU JUST don't GET IT, DO YOU????" In my 4 years of hanging around here I have never seen someone so thick headed as you. You enjoy not getting along. Why? do you have some kind of antisocial behavior problem?? I promised myself I would not give you my time to address your inane posts but I could not hold back any longer. Please just go away. www.roadfly.com is your kind of board, go over there and have fun. Please don't take this the wrong way, I think you are a jerk. There I did it, my first insult on the internet. I will not respond to anymore of your posts and you will be the first person that I have ever added to my ignore list.

Credits include:
Old Guard
HWFM
Dont even own a 993 anymore
Friend of Mike in Chicago and EJ
Rennlist supporter probaly since before you had your drivers lic.
Water Pumper Racer
Helpful Rennlister
Old 07-20-2004, 03:34 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

With all due respect, I'm not going to bother with the reasonings of someone like him, nor feel that we have to answer to what he has to say. I have still my ignore button ON and while I have not read his rumblings I can see from the replies the trouble that is brewing again.

We the 993 board members know exactly what HWFM racing stands for and if anyone is making any money off of it...

Still Rennlist will always have my support so if needed you know you can count on me.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:42 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Eric in Chicago
Argo,
I have watched for months so many threads you chime in on turn into pissing matches. I have watched and not replied thinking "he will get it" YOU JUST don't GET IT, DO YOU????" In my 4 years of hanging around here I have never seen someone so thick headed as you. You enjoy not getting along. Why? do you have some kind of antisocial behavior problem?? I promised myself I would not give you my time to address your inane posts but I could not hold back any longer. Please just go away. www.roadfly.com is your kind of board, go over there and have fun. Please don't take this the wrong way, I think you are a jerk. There I did it, my first insult on the internet. I will not respond to anymore of your posts and you will be the first person that I have ever added to my ignore list.

Credits include:
Old Guard
HWFM
Dont even own a 993 anymore
Friend of Mike in Chicago and EJ
Rennlist supporter probaly since before you had your drivers lic.
Water Pumper Racer
Helpful Rennlister
Eric - That is clearly an elitist establishment response.

Wait, I'm confused. By last count, you make that a majority of participants here that are members of the elitist establishment group. That makes it a majority and Agro must now constitute the elite group.

Mike -
I am so in for HWFMR being a Rennlist sponsor. Let us know how and how much.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:43 PM
Tim Pruitt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ladies and Gentlemen of HWFMR,

Thanks for your support.

To demonstrate my specifc skills as HWFMR Kitty Litter Chief Scrutineer, I will provide a written report on the conditions of the Kitty Litter at Road Atlanta during the NASA Race in August.

HWFMR Members please look me up at Road Atlanta and I will provide you with any reasonably priced beverage of your choice. (I do have tires to buy).
Old 07-20-2004, 04:17 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Eric,

Ditto.

Didn't HWFM racing raise a significant amount of money for TRG's LeMans efforts. While this was not a direct sponsorship of Rennlist per say, TRG is a rennlist sponsor. I don't think HWFM racing needs to be a direct sponsor but can be a way of promoting special projects/events that benefit Rennlist, its members and/or sponsors.

Tim,
Enjoyed sharing the paddock with you at Barber. Congrats on fooling HWFM racing into letting you in, you are not nearly as slow as you claim.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:20 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Agro1
HWFMR takes up a lot of storage space on Rennlist and uses this site to communicate and promote your cause. I would think that as "founder" you would at least consider becoming a Rennlist sponsor...
Agro, I'm truly impressed your concern is with the capacity of Rennlist's servers and controlling John's overhead expenses. That's really big of you, I'm happy to see you're growing up & thinking about others instead of yourself.

I'll be happy to support a move to make HWFMR a paying Rennlist sponsor, if the BT & John thinks that would be appropriate.

'Course, since HWFM is a non-profit, virtual, darn near non-existent entity, and all the members already ARE paying Rennlist members, wouldn't this be double-dipping? Maybe we could just substitute [censored] for 'HWFM' in all our posts.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:22 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Greg Fishman
Didn't HWFM racing raise a significant amount of money for TRG's LeMans efforts. While this was not a direct sponsorship of Rennlist per say, TRG is a rennlist sponsor. I don't think HWFM racing needs to be a direct sponsor but can be a way of promoting special projects/events that benefit Rennlist, its members and/or sponsors.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:24 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Is that all we got for our money?

We should be outraged.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:55 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Tim Pruitt
Adrienne,

What about:

HWFM Racing Kitty Litter Chief Scrutineer and Driver
Or better yet, HWFM Chief Racing Kitty and Litter Scrutineer
Old 07-20-2004, 05:05 PM
Agro1
Banned

Team mates
While Argo's idea that an entity that makes no profit and
has no real business would be a sponsor seems odd at first blush, maybe it is really a good idea.
As far as where HWFMR threads are posted, I still think they would be better served in the general or racing forums. Who knows, maybe John D would create a separate HWFMR FORUM just for you guys...

Eric - I'm really sorry you feel that way, I may loose sleep over it tonight :-)

EJ - Very presumptuous of you to think I would WANT to be a member.

Quick Reply: HWFM Racing Membership