Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RejeX Group Buy Discount!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 01:26 AM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay. I don't have my 993 anymore but I still troll the boards and I'm still a member.

Regarding Rejex, I now own a jet black E46 M3. The dealer must have detailed it and left swirls. Outside of clay bars is there something I should do before I apply RejeX?

Right now I use 3M swirl remover and wax. Or will RejeX hide the swirls? Seems that terry cloths are the diapers of choice. Do you not recommend microfiber towels?

Since I haven't detailed my car in a couple months I'm going to wait for RejeX to land on my doorstep. Can it get to me by Friday?

TIA
Old 09-21-2004, 02:05 AM
x-autoproducts
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nota_troll

concerning the swirl marks you mention, you're on the right track using the 3M swirl remover. there are a few other name brand products with similar performance. however, RejeX has no abrasives or fillers, so it will have no effect in either removing them or covering them up.

microfiber towels are great, but using them is up to you depending upon the condition and/or color of your paint, your preferences, etc. you can safely use terry as long as it's soft and clean. a small amount of water will improve the application of RejeX, but removal of course should be done with an absolutely dry towel.

and yes, we can over-night or 2-day your order to you with an additional shipping charge. our standard offer of $16.09 plus $2 shipping is for regular USPS, but if you want it faster, call me and i'll get you a price for delivery by friday.

thanks,
barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
www.x-autoproducts.com
Old 09-21-2004, 11:03 AM
tom97c4s
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ordered mine as well.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:58 PM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

does rejex benefit from the use of an orbital polisher...either to apply or remove? i thought i read that rejex loves to be rubbed. perhaps hand application and machine removal would be best?

any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:59 AM
mortod
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Traffic53
does rejex benefit from the use of an orbital polisher...either to apply or remove? i thought i read that rejex loves to be rubbed. perhaps hand application and machine removal would be best?

any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
I just got round to doing mine. I even bought a polisher for the occasion, but reverted back to doing by hand. The Rejex application is dead easy - it just wipes off, whilst a polisher is quite difficult on all those curves. What really took the effort was my decision to both Clay and also use Meguires Clear Coat scrub. The clay takes some getting off.

And in my opinion it is the 'Clay' that really made the difference to the final result - I suspect any wax, polymer would look amaxing when applied to a clean and smooth surface.

What I would be interested to hear, is how the Rejex finish is lasting 2.5 months afer this thread was started in July - perhaps some of those early adopters could post an update ? And does the second coat make any difference to longevity - I did both, but am sceptical.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:50 AM
x-autoproducts
Racer

Traffic53

yes, RejeX does perform well when rubbed down very well. a buffer is useful when applying and removing, but using one is not required to get great results.

please call or email if you have any questions.

thanks,
barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
info@x-autoproducts.com

Quick Reply: RejeX Group Buy Discount!!!