Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 01:33 PM
StatmanDesigns
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by CorrosionX
StatmanDesigns,

I assume you're a designer and/or advertising professional? I concur on the RejeX name. Our other (and in their particular markets, much better established) products are: CorrosionX, ReelX and SpeedX. So the name RejeX kept with the same naming convention. Naming the product RejeX was probably a marketing blunder on our part (They named it before I was hired, I swear!!). But we are a chemical research company, not a well-oiled marketing machine as you can probably tell. However, now that we've built up so much brand equity in the RejeX name and have legions of loyal customers, it's probably too late to ever change.
Actually, I am not a marketing professional in the least. I am a chemical engineer, that happens to make titanium jewelry. Keeping in the "----X" family theme naming department, how about ShineX??

You can pay me later for the great idea,

Don't worry about the loyal customers, you all ready have their attention with a good product, and they are smart enough to figure out you changed the name, .

In all seriousness, it really makes no difference to me what you call it, but I know you could sell more of this with a better name.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:42 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

What about CleanX?

(This joke won't hold up my order, will it?)

Dave
Old 07-20-2004, 01:49 PM
StatmanDesigns
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Dudley
What about CleanX?
With the tag line, "slicker than snot."
Old 07-20-2004, 02:02 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts

Over the years I've used alot of different products. 20 years ago I started with Klasse AIO and SG (that stuff is hard to find) then Meguiars deep crystal (cleaner polish and wax) some Mothers stuff and P21S products. Right now I'm using Meguiars NXT topped with P21S. The water I use to wash my cars with is very hard and I believe, though I am not sure, that this water is preventing these products from lasting as long as they should. Back in the day the Klasse stuff would last a very long time but the water I used to wash my cars was normal at that house.

I'm looking for something that is going to last a long time specifically in the winter when up here in Oregon there aren't many sunny days.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:26 PM
MikeInfo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered a couple myself
Old 07-20-2004, 02:41 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just detailed my car from top to bottom this past weekend. Clayed, buffed, a couple coats of Z5, Z2, Z6. She is sitting in the garage, under her cover, wheels off, waiting for the RejeX.

We just bought a new home and I am working feverishly to prepare her new garage space. My goal is to have the car and garage pristine first, then help my navigator with the other stuff.

This car is a sickness.

Dave
Old 07-20-2004, 03:13 PM
slapshot
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you and JD very much for the detailed explanation! Definitley going to look into this product some more. Sounds wonderful!

Originally posted by x-autoproducts
Slapshot

now THAT'S a good question.

i'm going to let j.d. hill, RejeX guru that he is, take a crack at this one.

paging j.d..... come in j.d.

more to follow
please stay tuned

barry
Old 07-20-2004, 04:26 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Had a chance to talk to Barry yesterday and he was most generous with his time and answered all my questions. The stuff sounds great , so I ordered some. Look foward to trying it.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:30 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Mike W
Had a chance to talk to Barry yesterday and he was most generous with his time and answered all my questions. The stuff sounds great , so I ordered some. Look foward to trying it.
I concur. Spoke to him earlier today and he was very patient seems like he really cares!
Old 07-20-2004, 05:00 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by x-autoproducts
X-AutoProducts has signed on to be one of the sponsors of the St. Louis PCA detailing clinic this july 31st.
Barry
Thanks again for your participation with our Detailing Clinic. If any local Rennlisters are interested in trying RejeX and/or CorrosionX before making a purchasing decision, we will have those products (& many others) together w/Porter Cable DA orbital buffers available for your use during the clinic.

St. Louis PCA Detailing Clinic - July 31st

PS Brad will be calling you to discuss CorrosionX & its application for our "hopeless car" demo.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:06 PM
thevenet
Advanced

Barry,

What gives? I left a message at the 800 number after my previous post but I haven't heard back from you guys.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:29 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

wow
it looks like a few responses from me are in order. starting at the top....

CleanX - hmmm, might get sued for using that one....

SnotX - nope, just not the right feel....

Randy M

if you're looking for a durable product, RejeX is it. my suburban is shining like mad, and i haven't RejeX'd it since january.

MikeInfo

thanks for the order. you'll have it in time for the weekend.

Dudley

you know, X-Auto Products has 4-post lifts. will look great in that new garage. maybe we could work a package deal....

slapshot

i hope you now have all the information you were looking for. good question. remember, you're on the list....

Mike W & Arrwin

good speaking with you both. your RejeX is on its way.

Dan 96C2 St.Louis

yes, there needs to be another conversation about using CorrosionX. it's a great product. look forward to speaking with brad soon.

thevenet

i owe you an apology. sorry for the missed call. i tried to get a voicemail yesterday afternoon. when the message started, it abruptly ended and for some reason, it deleted all my messages. i called the numbers in the 'received call' list, but it didn't work. sorry, please call me back and hopefully i'll be able to get you live this time.

thanks for all the posts everyone. please call anytime if you have a question or would like to get some snotX,, kleenX, ,, RejeX
whatever it's called, the @#$% really works.

barry
800-559-1192
Old 07-21-2004, 02:01 AM
dandrop
8th Gear

Barry,

I'll give you a call to place my order.

Oh by the way i have the perfect name for Rejex, it should be called SLEEK-X...send me the royalty fees later. lol.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:04 AM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

"you know, X-Auto Products has 4-post lifts. will look great in that new garage. maybe we could work a package deal...."

I did not find any lifts on your web page. Some topics are not fodder for jokes. There are those of us, on the slippery slope, desperately seeking lifts. (Navigator promised to provide such for Driver's 50th birthday.)

Do I hear, "Group Buy"?

Dave
Old 07-21-2004, 09:32 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

I use Meguiar's wax. My paint is a single step being Guards Red.

I already ordered via email.

Any issues with Meguiars? The non clear coat products?

Quick Reply: RejeX Group Buy Discount!!!