Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RejeX Group Buy Discount!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 12:39 PM
nman413
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

addison, I have this habit of washing my car only once every month or two as I am usually driving the car or going to the track . Hence it doesnt really make sense if I clean it one weekend only to get it dirty again the next. I'm not quite as obsessive about cleaning the car as John is.

So I tend to build up a fair amount of bug kill small and large.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:36 PM
p_carfan
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Two Questions.... I've been a Zaino addict for some time, I noticed RejeX is also a polymer so what could I expect using RejeX over Zaino? Can the group discount rate be applied via the website purchase or do I need to call. TIA

Last edited by p_carfan; 07-18-2004 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-18-2004, 04:10 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

p_carfan

two excellent questions.

using RejeX over zaino is not a problem (lots of people have done it), you just have to take measures to ensure there are no compatibility problems. first, i'm not a professional detailer, and many of them are in a better position to answer your question - or at least offer you their opinion, but i'll be happy to tell you what i know based upon my conversations with former zaino users.

if you've recently applied zaino, you can either chemically strip it with the appropriate product, or if it's been a while since you've applied it, then you can give the car a thorough washing with a decent automotive detergent. this should take away most anything that might introduce compatibility problems. another - and highly recommended - step is to clay bar the car after you wash it. i think this adds a great deal of beautification to the final result. after claying, the car is ready for RejeX. apply a small amount to a clean, soft cotton cloth (buffers work well too). don't go overboard thinking that more is better. RejeX goes on like soft butter, and it comes off easier than anything you have every used. use it on smooth and/or polished metal, paint in good condition (no oxidation), and all your glass. then, apply it to your wheels to keep the brake dust from sticking.

if i haven't answer any particular aspect of your question, please repost and i'll get you the answer. and, regarding compatibility issues, they're not permanent so please don't think you'll have to repaint ....

now, the second question. the rennlist discount is not available overtly on my website purchase page. however, lots of people have performed this transaction and got a purchsae notification that their purchase totalled $23 or more. however, my site doesn't perform any purchase transactions without my review. thus, i usually call them and confirm that their rennlist members and give then process their credit card for the amount they were expecting.

i hope i've told you what you wanted to know.

thanks,

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
www.x-autoproducts.com
Old 07-18-2004, 04:20 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Barry,
I will order a few bottles right now from the web site. I will put a note in the comments box so you will remember it is a rennlist order. Is it ok to use on my 1961 356 with 20+ year old paint and no clear coat?How about on forged Fikse wheels? I've tired them all and I have been very happy with Griot's products but they do not last long. If I get the same shine and it lasts longer, I will let everyone know when I take my cars to shows and the track.
Thanks,
Tony Scalies, West Brandywine PA
Old 07-18-2004, 05:18 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

Tony356993

WOW! awesome garage.

you can use RejeX on any paint in good condition. it cannot be used on oxidized paint as it has no abrasives in it. but your '61 356 has excellent paint. i think i saw my own reflection in the pic you posted.... nice car.

i have a '63 vette with horrible old paint. i'm not expecting any miracles bu using RejeX, like correcting paint issues, but RejeX does bring out a brilliant shine. i used another well-known product on the vette for years. i was happy with it until the day i tried RejeX.

please let me know if you have any other questions.

thanks,

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
Old 07-18-2004, 08:07 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony, rejeX works incredibly on wheels. I have it on my Roocks and I applied it to my wife's Mini S. The Mini wheels gathers dust very quickly and the wheels look black after a couple of days. With rejeX, the brake dust buildup is very small AND it wipes off with a rag. Get it and use it on everything!

Barry, I will call you on Monday to find out about your bonus list! Thanks!

Addison
Old 07-19-2004, 03:17 PM
StatmanDesigns
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just ordered some of the RejeX product because it sounds like exactly what I need.

I have one question. Don't you think there is a better name for this product other than RejeX, pronounced REJECTS?? This has got to be the worst name for a product that I have heard in a long time.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:52 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

StatmanDesigns

the name Rejex was chosen by the manufacturer, and is in keeping with the brand naming convention already in place. i think i've heard that the other name being considered for it was 'BugOff'.... maybe that's just a rumor......

anyway, as the name implies, it 'rejects' a lot of stuff that would otherwise harm your paint, and it rejects/reflects a lot of sunlight, which is why it's so shiny,

but, i hear your point.....

barry
Old 07-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, RejeX may not be a great name but it's definitely better than BugOff.

I don't think the name BugOff would sell well against names like Zymol or Zaino no matter how well it worked. In fact, I'm not sure that name would sell well against a name like NuFinish. "Sir, how do you keep the finish on that high-end car looking so shiny and deep?" "Why, I use BugOff!"
Old 07-19-2004, 04:23 PM
slapshot
Racer

Hello Barry,

Very interesting, I have always been a purist using One Grand Glaze and One Grand carnuba Blitz Wax on my cars. I have always loved the "wet" look you are talking about which is not as profound with the "old fashioned" One Grand methods.

As a complete layman on the subject, I am curious, does the Rejex seep into the paint such that if one used it for years and then wanted to go back to standard glaze and natural based carnuba polish there is a fine layer of Rejex absorbed permanently into the clear coat? A layer that would require a solvent to fully remove possibly damaging the clear coat?

And if not, would you recommend glazing first to completely clean the finish and then use Rejex?

Thank you for your thoughts. And offering everyone a wonderful deal!
Old 07-19-2004, 04:27 PM
slapshot
Racer

Technical difficulties!
Old 07-19-2004, 10:50 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

Slapshot

now THAT'S a good question.

i'm going to let j.d. hill, RejeX guru that he is, take a crack at this one.

paging j.d..... come in j.d.

more to follow
please stay tuned

barry
Old 07-20-2004, 12:53 PM
thevenet
Advanced

Interesting thread. I was really close to buying this product a few weeks ago, but a house move put the 993 luxuries on hold. Looks like that worked to my advantage because now I'm getting a discount (of course if I had bought it a few weeks ago I could have explained how wonderful it is and made it into the "bonus" club -- live and learn!). I'm calling to order right now.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:58 PM
WildWillard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Barry and JD -

Quick thought, why not bundle up some of the products - the corrosion, speed and rejex in the group buy? It sounds like this stuff is good, and it might make sense to get the rest out ???

Doug
Old 07-20-2004, 01:29 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

thevenet

i'm glad you waited too. call me anytime, we're always here.

WildWillard

be on the lookout for discounted product bundles, including RejeX and some of the other products we sell. i've mentioned it in a couple of posts (maybe on other boards) that X-AutoProducts has signed on to be one of the sponsors of the St. Louis PCA detailing clinic this july 31st. we've shipped them small sample packs of RejeX, plus 6 full-sized bottles to give away, plus 3 6oz cans of CorrosionX to use in their product demo during the clinic. I've found CorrosionX to work very well when doing a deep-cleaning on my car (wheel wells, engine comparment, underbody, etc.). it displaces water like mad which leaves discolorations. plus, you can spray it on surfaces to keep them clean without resorting to spray paint.

by this i mean, way back when i used to clean cars at a high-end used car dealership, we would spray paint (black) the insides of the wheel wells in order to make them look clean. well, cars these days have natural finished metal for a lot of steering and suspension components. there is no way you'd cover them with black paint just to make them look clean. use CorrosionX to 1) keep the natural metal looking brand new, and 2) prevent any kind of surface rust (ferrous) or oxidation (non-ferrous) from causing discolorations or worse, component degradation due to corrosion.

thanks for the questions, and thanks to j.d. for his detailed post.

please call me if you have any questions or would like to place an order.

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
www.x-autoproducts.com

Quick Reply: RejeX Group Buy Discount!!!