Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Windward victims

Originally posted by Agro1
Actually Phil, grammatically Greg's usage of the word "THEY" contextually referred to the Racing board, not Winward as the subject line IMPLIES...Maybe if you were as adept at sentence diagrams as you are with Haiku, you'd have realized that...

Thanks for spelling it out for me Greg, I did read the thread you cited (before I posted, btw).
nah ag,
if you opened your eyes, you'd have seen the thread title "winward victims"
" they " refers to winward.
I was able to figure it out, even with my poor grammar. Whats your excuse?
Old 07-09-2004, 12:40 AM
jz993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here we go again....
Old 07-09-2004, 12:49 AM
JimBob Jumpback
That's Bubba Guru to you

loks like bubba aggrra is al krammed up on how da englush languish wersk, gettin reddy fer hiz engllish 1a exam. considerin dat ole bubba aggras grammer ain't mutch beta den ole JimBobs, iz sez ya's betta studdy alot harder. or, mayb jus give up. sum things jus ain't ment ta be.

Yer fren,

JimBob
Old 07-09-2004, 01:56 AM
Agro1
Banned

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Windward victims

Originally posted by Phil McGrath
nah ag,
if you opened your eyes, you'd have seen the thread title "winward victims"
" they " refers to winward.
I was able to figure it out, even with my poor grammar. Whats your excuse?
I wasn't aware that I needed an excuse to ask a question, that btw, was not asked of you.
In Greg's first sentence he referenced "the racing board".
Second sentence subject, "they". But with your admitted poor grammar, I wouldn't expect someone with your level of intelligence to pick up on that since you assume so much. But I digress, debating grammatical semantics is a waste of my time, as are you Phil.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:10 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Agro I have stayed out of most of these scraps but its dawned on me what the problem is here. You have no respect for others on this board, none. This translates into not many respecting you. You dont ask questions respectfully and the responses reflect that. You should try, at least once, coming into a thread by using some politeness. People like that, its just human nature. Try using some manners..... or not...... and you can continue to have a scrape 99.9999% everytime you get involved.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:11 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

you are correct Kim,
To all please accept my apologies
Old 07-09-2004, 02:24 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

I was in the North East region PCA a few years back when the owner (Jim? I am getting old) would still come to events. At that time, many of the attendees had some bad dealings already with them, and it became pretty heated at times. All of the North East regions looked pretty unfavorably at Winward even then....
Old 07-09-2004, 02:30 AM
Agro1
Banned

Old Guy, I've never had a beef with you because you come across as a cool, easygoing humble guy that doesn't expect much from anyone. Others however expect this respect because of their "seniority", that's why they don't get it from me and conversely why I don't care if they respect me or not, it really makes no difference to me at all. This is the internet, not their personal playground where they make the rules and promote their private club. Nonetheless, your point is well taken, thank you.

Kim, sorry, but I was provoked. You know I've got this friggn impulse control problem
Seriously though, you make a good point. But I think the question you guys should be asking is if PCA values it's members, why do they continue to ignore them and support such "creeps" ?
Old 07-09-2004, 02:38 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Agro now you did it! you caught me off gaurd! COMPLETELY. I KNEW there was a nice guy in there!!
Old 07-09-2004, 03:19 AM
Agro1
Banned

Kim - Why would you, man ? Nature of the beast. Your membership doesn't cost enough...
Hey OG, I can take someone giving me a hard time - cause I know it wasn't mean spirited in any way, or was I just messin' with ya ?

Your Turbo rocks btw dude
Old 07-09-2004, 09:23 AM
WildWillard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sorry, soapbox coming...

Ten years ago, Pano was about all that there was (Porshce mag, ne Excellence was around, but...) for things related to Porsche, and it came FREE with your membership. Today, there are better, more timely forums, classifieds and real-time experts who can answer YOUR questions. Plus there are racing/DE venues which are popping up which could take a serious bite out of the PCA experience.

Grass roots is what made PCA great, and grass roots is what makes changes. Luke, you are correct, my $30 membership (or what ever it is) is not that big of a deal to them. But the Rennlist world of thousands is.

In a separate thread by ViperBob relating his recent "adventure" in a new region's DE, I can relate with a similar cliquee kind of feeling for one of the regions here, where a buddy and I went on a "tour" in his 87 930, and the majority of the participants (Boxsters primarily who asked us, what type of Porsche is that) gave us the big old snub.

Porsche itself is going away from what made the marquee great and that is racing. GT is ok, but what put Porsche firmly in the driver's seat is the overall wins starting in the 70's. Look at Ferrari, they dominate F1. Look at Porsche, they don't even dominate GT.

The message to PCA should be, listen to the membership. This outfit is ripping off Porsche owners (most of which probably saw them in some PCA publication) and you continue to stand by and do nothing. I have never dealt with Windward, so I do not have any experience with them, but from reading the threads pointed out, it makes me wonder how they stay in business.

soapbox over... ran out of steam, don't like to type that much.

I don't know if John D would approve, but a Rennlist 'vendors to avoid' list might be helpful to all

Doug
Old 07-09-2004, 09:52 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Agro,
Sorry I cornfused you on the semantics of my post. I figured it would be pretty obvious to most that I was referring to windward and pointing everyone to the racing list post. No one else seemed to have a problem understanding that, my guess if you were just looking to pick a fight. I am glad you clarified that you have no respect for me or anyone else who has been here for longer than you. I kind of figured that, but gave you some benefit of the doubt. Thanks for removing that doubt.

Last edited by Greg Fishman; 07-09-2004 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:16 AM
Agro1
Banned

No worries man, it was just a bit misleading cause it sounded like the guys on the Racing forum were up to their same ol' tricks or something...Or maybe I just need some more sleep Sorry if my initial question came across as being, as OG put it, impolite.
Willard makes a good point though - a large handful of Rennlisters each expressing their concern might make a difference...
Old 07-09-2004, 11:13 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Agro1
No worries man, it was just a bit misleading cause it sounded like the guys on the Racing forum were up to their same ol' tricks or something...Or maybe I just need some more sleep Sorry if my initial question came across as being, as OG put it, impolite.
Willard makes a good point though - a large handful of Rennlisters each expressing their concern might make a difference...
Pressing the magazines would be worth a try, though, as I recall, this was attempted before. I thought that there was some email to PCA and maybe Excellence and they had no interest in screening their advertisers. Never hurts though to do it again.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:22 AM
Agro1
Banned

Mark - do you have a Radical ? If so, you may want to check out Speed's new show airing this Mon called "5th Gear". They showed quick clip of a guy RIPPING through an S turn - who knows, they might being doing a spot on Radical. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know...I'd have PM'd you but it looks like you don't accept PM's...

Luke

Quick Reply: Windward victims