Sponsored by:

Windward victims

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 11:26 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Agro1
Mark - do you have a Radical ? If so, you may want to check out Speed's new show airing this Mon called "5th Gear". They showed quick clip of a guy RIPPING through an S turn - who knows, they might being doing a spot on Radical. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know...I'd have PM'd you but it looks like you don't accept PM's...

Luke
Thanks. I have TIVO set to record. I used to have a Radical - current car is Stohr as the Rad was not fast enough.

BTW - The reason I don't take PM's is because I never think to check them and the email on file is so full of spam, I don't look at it either. I hate discovering PM's 3 months after someone sent it.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Wreck Me Otter
I've e-mailed PCA, but does anyone have an e-mail addy for Excellence handy?
Not sure if this is good, but that's what I've had: Excell911@aol.com

Excellence Magazine
P.O. Box 1529
Ross, CA 94957-1529
Old 07-09-2004, 01:56 PM
993Maineiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 113 Posts

Although PCA may be reluctant to act, it's threads like this one that allow me, and I'm sure most of the community, to make our own DO NOT CALL lists. I know that Windward is on mine and I am sure everyone else who has read about them. There are others from my 944 days and my more recent 993 days.

Whether it would be proper for John D to post a list of vendors to avoid is open to interpretation. I feel that he might be putting himself at risk if he did so. The best method for me is to do a search of the vendor before ordering from someone new-thats how I "discovered" Gert!

Just my .02

Al
Old 07-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As someone who has been burned by Windward (bought PSS9's in Oct but have not recieved them) I urge all to stay far away. The details of my ugly experience can be found in the archieves under "Windward." While I certainly do not want to bore all with a rehash there are a number of things that have come out of this :

1) I emailed Tom Bobbit and the PCA has done nothing. The fact that other PCA members will be subject to the business practices of Windward is quite disturbing.

2) In addition to not delievering what I payed for Windward told numerous lies as to how I conducted myself during this transaction.

3) The overwhelming support of the Rennlist community during my post was something positive that came out of this horrendous experience.

If anyone has had a problem with Windward I strongly suggest you lodge a complaint with the Vermont Consumer Assistance Program. 802-656-3183.

Quick Reply: Windward victims