Sponsored by:

ROW M030 Sway Bars, Springs and Bilstein HD's getting Installed Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 09:07 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts
Default ROW M030 Sway Bars, Springs and Bilstein HD's getting Installed Tomorrow

I am dropping my ’97 993 Cab off tomorrow morning at WestEnd Alignment (Darin) in Gardena to have ROW M030 springs M030 sway bars and Bilstein HD shocks installed. I believe that there will be a major difference considering that I am running the original stock set up with 60000 miles on them. I’ll post a follow up to this Wednesday night after I pick it up. From WestEnd to home I can take PCH and some canyon routes to experience the difference. Damn this slippery slope.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:08 PM
PorscheDavid
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put the same set up on my 97 C4S about 2 weeks ago...what a difference...
aesthetically, the front shocks with the addtional threads (thanks Gert~!) the ride and look is awesome...we were really able to get a nice lowered look with just the right attitude without going too low for New England roads...

As so many others have attested to, the ride is wonderful and confidence inspiring.

Good luck with yours~!
Old 06-28-2004, 11:17 PM
porscheralph
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 15 Posts

Chuck - I did the same to my 97 Cab about a year ago - it makes a huge difference. I did not see in your post a reference to a front protection bar. YOU WILL NEED ONE! I have hit mine several times and the front bumper would have been toast without it. Get one! and Happy Motoring!
Old 06-29-2004, 01:28 AM
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 31 Posts

Chuck,

Please tell Darin I said hi. When he opened his shop in the summer of 2000, I was lucky enough to be his first P-car customer. Great guy who does top notch, quality work.

Rich
Old 06-29-2004, 02:42 AM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Chuck,

Are the Bilstein HD US or Euro? If they are US you'll need to add the Frt lowering perches. I bought mind from Hergesheimer Motorsports. They worked great! You'll definitely like the ride once you have the suspension installed. It will totally be like a new car.
Attached Images  
Old 06-29-2004, 10:37 AM
swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

It will be nice to here what your impressions are after the upgrade. I did the same on my 96 C4 cab but with the tt bars. It's totally worth it! I can't believe how planted the car is now. Since then, I've wanted to get my speedo checked. I keep thinking, I can't be going through this corner at this speed. I definitely need to get the car to the track. These narrow PA roads are not the place to find the limits.

Good luck!!!
Old 06-29-2004, 10:50 AM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed Bilstein HD's last weekend and have to say I have not noticed too much of a difference. Previous owner had already installed H&R springs on the stock shocks and so the car sat pretty low. Stock shocks had 42k miles on them and I could compress them by hand with little effort when I pulled them off. I have not been able to really give my car a good workout since install, but it doesn't feel too different to me.....yet.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:34 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

CAHRERA

I am not sure if they are US or Euro. I dropped all of the parts off last week at WestEnd and Darin said I had all the right stuff. I'll ask him when I talk to him today.

Ralph, Thanks for the suggestion and PM on the front protection bar. I am going to order one this morning.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:06 PM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Chuck,

I have the US Bilstein Struts and Shocks. So I needed the lowering perches for the front. The rear shocks have enough threads so you can pretty much adjust them pretty low. With the front perches bottomed out on the threads I only was able to bring the front end down about .5 inches. I was at 27 inches in the front so it only came down to 26.5. I added the lowering perches and was able to bring it down to 25.75.

One of the major reasons why I went with the US Bilstein is the Euro Bilstein struts and shocks don't have a warranty. Not sure why.

Old 06-29-2004, 07:26 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

CAHRERA

You were absolutely right. I got a call from Darin and he said the front was still high even after the install of the new parts. I have the US Bilstein HD's. I am in the process of tracking down the front lowering perches. Thanks for the info!!
Old 06-29-2004, 07:38 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Someone here had a pair for sale. Post a new thread on the 993 board your interest in them and you may find him.

Old 06-29-2004, 07:44 PM
Craig MX7
Intermediate

Rick -
did you see any difference in the ride height between the stock shocks and the bilsteins. I currently have the stock USA shocks with the ROW M030 springs. I just bought the US Bilstein HDs. Pretty sure I don't want the car any lower than it currently is, but do the Bilsteins cause it to be higher than the stock shocks?

Thanks
Craig
Old 06-29-2004, 08:43 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Scott (aka Cahrera)

Thanks for the tip on Hergesheimer Motorsports. I ordered the lowering perches from them and they will have them delievered to WestEnd by tomorrow. The only problem now is one of the front shocks is missing a grommet and I have to track one down through Bilstein. Is anything ever easy??
Old 06-30-2004, 01:54 AM
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 31 Posts

Chuck,

I swung by Darin's tonight and saw your car there along with a really nice, Black C2S that just had some PSS9s installed.

Your cab is really nice, btw. I'm sure it's going to look & drive great after your car is finished.

Rich
Old 06-30-2004, 08:36 AM
Tim Pruitt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Guys,

Just had the Bilstein HD / H&R Lowering Springs installed with RS Sway Bars. The rear looks low compared to the front.

I saw the post on the Hergesheimer Motorsports spring perches. This may solve the issue.

I have 18" wheels,

1) What should the front and rear ride height measurements be?

2) What measurement reference points are used?

Quick Reply: ROW M030 Sway Bars, Springs and Bilstein HD's getting Installed Tomorrow