Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Orange County PPI referral needed

Old 10-29-2001, 01:37 PM
Kevin Reilly
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Orange County PPI referral needed

I'm looking at a 993 that is located in Brea. I'm at the point of doing a PPI on it, and I'd appreciate any suggestions. I'm in the Bay Area, so I'll be asking the seller to take the car to the shop, so I'd imagine I can't ask him to go TOO far. Many thanks.
Old 10-29-2001, 02:06 PM
DJ
Haiku Grasshoppa
Rennlist Member
Can I Drove Your Car?

ANDIAL

714-957-3900
Old 10-29-2001, 02:26 PM
Garey Cooper
Rennlist Member

Kevin I will give you three;

Andial, ad on the internet under the same name, located in Santa Ana just off Harbor Blvd and not far off the 405 Freeway. Expert and knowledgeable. Ask for Pete. 714-957-3900

Factory Werkes, Gary Topal's shop in Huntington Beach, An excellant gentleman to deal with. Gary is a racing mechanic and maintains lot's of local Porsche's. (714)373-4828. Gary is in HB as mentioned on Graham Street.

Hergeshiemer, located in Lake Forest off of Bake Parkway. Mark is a well known local tuner and knows the marque. (949)458-7223.

I know any of these would do the right thing for you. I would only suggest that you call them and see who can get to it the quickest. Most are now constrained by a lack of good technicians and are usually rather busy.
Old 10-29-2001, 06:21 PM
Kevin Reilly
Pro

Thanks DJ and Garey.

Given the fact that I'm geographically challenged, would you say that each of these places is not too far from Brea? Not being in the area, it's hard to judge the relative distances taking into account freeway congestion etc. Up here in the bay area a spot that looks close on the map could be a long way away because of traffic clogs.

Thanks.
Old 10-29-2001, 07:31 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 505 Likes on 337 Posts
Brea....to Hergesheimers, 57 south to 91 East, 91 East to toll road, toll road to South County, off at Lake Forest...your almost there. Call them for directions. Hergesheimers is easy to get to most times of the day.

ANDIAL 57 south to 22 West, off at Harbor, take a left on Harbor going toward the ocean, proceed south about 7 miles...call them for the final directions, or better yer, MapQuest. ANDIAL is easy to get to up until about 3:30 PM...then the traffic gets testy.

Wherever you decide to go, of course you must have an appointment. If your 993 has LSD as an option, be certain that it is functioning. Mark and Pete can easily do this for you.
Old 10-30-2001, 12:25 PM
tom_993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't forget Stan Strausse. He's in Costa Mesa, near Triangle Square, where 55 ends. His unlisted number (no advertising, unlisted number, etc, etc, relies totally on word of mouth) is (949) 645-1928.

No affialiation, yada yada...
Old 10-30-2001, 07:05 PM
hn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by Kevin Reilly:
<STRONG>I'm looking at a 993 that is located in Brea. I'm at the point of doing a PPI on it, and I'd appreciate any suggestions. I'm in the Bay Area, so I'll be asking the seller to take the car to the shop, so I'd imagine I can't ask him to go TOO far. Many thanks.</STRONG>
Kevin,

Andial is definitely a good place and you will be happy with Pete. If distance is a problem for the owner, try Randall Aase Motor in Fullerton. It's no more than 5 miles from Brea. I don't know for sure if they do inspection but you can always call and find out.

714-992-2283 and ask for Jeff.

Trending Topics

Old 10-30-2001, 07:24 PM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Randall Aase Motors is perhaps 6 miles from Brea. I am sure that Jeff will do a PPI for you unless he is off racing, so call first. I have been using him since I bought my first 911 in 1993. I am very close to Brea in case you want a curbstone look at the car - I have a digital camera.
Old 10-30-2001, 09:01 PM
Kevin Reilly
Pro

Originally posted by Pete Lech:
<STRONG>Randall Aase Motors is perhaps 6 miles from Brea. I am sure that Jeff will do a PPI for you unless he is off racing, so call first. I have been using him since I bought my first 911 in 1993. I am very close to Brea in case you want a curbstone look at the car - I have a digital camera.</STRONG>

Thanks Pete, I've already had the car looked at by a guy who manages the body shop for a dealer in the area (friend of a friend)...he went over it closely so I feel pretty confident that interior and exterior are good. The PPI will tell me the rest. Thanks for offering to look at the car for me.
Old 11-07-2001, 03:14 PM
Laura
Pro

Kevin,
Was this a 96 White 993?
Old 11-07-2001, 06:01 PM
Kevin Reilly
Pro

Yes it was...Jeff from RA said he talked to your shop about it. I guess you had serviced it at one point. Anything good/bad to say about it? You can send an email if you like. Thanks
Old 03-30-2016, 08:20 PM
toks911
5th Gear

I know this thread is old. I just wanted to add to it for those who needed a PPI done in the Orange County, CA. Robert from Auto Strasse Corp was very helpful and would highly recommend them to anybody. The best part of them is the high quality work without the dealer prices!
Old 03-30-2016, 08:34 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by toks911
Robert from Auto Strasse Corp was very helpful and would highly recommend them to anybody.
Hi Robert. Glad to see you reviving a 15 year old thread to let us all know you're working at Auto Strasse Corp and have decided to join Rennlist under your username toks911.

Take care, and thanks for posting, Robert
Old 03-30-2016, 08:41 PM
toks911
5th Gear

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Hi Robert. Glad to see you reviving a 15 year old thread to let us all know you're working at Auto Strasse Corp and have decided to join Rennlist under your username toks911.

Take care, and thanks for posting, Robert

Sorry Goof ball deluxe. I'm new here. I thought I would post here after searching on here previously looking for a PPI in the area. I'm not sure what you mean by your post and sense some sarcasm with it as well. Please let me know more if you don't mind. Thanks!
Old 03-30-2016, 08:48 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by toks911
Sorry Goof ball deluxe. I'm new here. I thought I would post here after searching on here previously looking for a PPI in the area. I'm not sure what you mean by your post and sense some sarcasm with it as well. Please let me know more if you don't mind. Thanks!
Well, 99% of the time when a person's first post is to promote a business, they are, in fact, either the owner or manager of that business.

A simple search of the extensive Rennlist archives is all one needs to find out almost any question, and since SoCal is the arguably the car capital of the U.S., there are many great places in SoCal that do great work. In fact, if you look closely, a similar thread about PPI in L.A. just came up the other day and is being posted on at the moment. You can see it here: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-ppi-help.html

Why don't you post some photos of your car and introduce yourself?

Welcome to Rennlist.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Orange County PPI referral needed