UK meet lastnight

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 09:25 PM
Tito
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post UK meet lastnight

I would like to say it was a pleasure to meet you all lastnight and put faces to names. If anything it confirmed that we are all porsche nuts.
Regards
Tito.
PS sorry Riccardo I got trapped at the lights and never caught up - story of my life.
Old 10-25-2001, 06:03 AM
Riccardo
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up

Yep, it was great to meet up with some of the UK Rennlisters and getting to know the people behind the messages, and their cars.

John should be able to post the picture up tomorrow, as he is not in the office today.

It would be great to meet up again soon, maybe this time for a drive, and maybe even take some pictures with daylight...

Tito, I was wondering what happened to you! Drove slowly on the M25 but I was too far ahead. Took me about 50 minutes to E Finchley.
Old 10-25-2001, 06:09 AM
Rob O'Meara
Instructor

Agreed! Hopefully I'll have my car back from surgery by then. Ready to fit those litronics - they're awesome!

I also like that heel and toe shifter in your car, Steve. Where did you pick that one up?
Old 10-25-2001, 06:15 AM
Steve in the UK
Instructor

I share your view that last night was a great evening out. I was wondering where the 4th car in the convoy had gone to, now I know Tito you got left at the lights by the roundabout. I look forward to seeing Eric's post about the dicky oil cooler/ACon switching problem and in particular whether any of our US friends have similar experiences.

I would like to meet up again sometime in the not too distant future and agree with Riccardo that it would be nice to do so in the daylight - With the end of BST this Sunday, I guess that will mean some time at the weekend. Anyone got any suggestions for a suitable venue/drive/destination????

BTW any other SEast UK Rennlisters picking up this thread, you are more than welcome to come along next time. Just watch out for the announcements.

Regards
Old 10-25-2001, 06:22 AM
Steve in the UK
Instructor

Rob

It's the pedal produced by US company Wings. I bought it second hand from a Lister in Houston. I think it was $75 including post. If you look at the recent Classifieds, there was another one for sale recently at around $50. I could'nt heel and toe before(something to do with position of pedals and my large frame), but now after a bit of practice with the "Wings Pedal"it's a piece of cake. It fastens on over the standard pedal and can be installed and removed in seconds. I just leave it on permanently.

Hope the job ??interview?? goes OK today.

Regards
Old 10-25-2001, 06:23 AM
Eric Kasir
Instructor

Riccardo, driving slowly round the M25?? Well, I think we might have just *slightly* exceeded 70mph <ahem>. Tito would have had a lot of catching up to do!

It was good to meet you all, it's much better when you can put a face to a name.

John / Steve - the Xenons were stunning - John, look forward to receiving details of how much etc when you get a chance..

We definitely should arrange a meet more often.

Catch you soon
Eric
Old 10-25-2001, 06:50 AM
Tito
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi,
I am up for a drive this weekend.

I agree the litronics were stunning.

Good luck Rob on both counts.

Regards

Tito.
Old 10-25-2001, 09:10 AM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Steve in the UK:
<STRONG>It's the pedal produced by US company Wings. I bought it second hand from a Lister in Houston. I think it was $75 including post.</STRONG>
Funny this should come up, Steve - there was an incident at the track last weekend that made me think of you:

Friend is at the PCA DE, driving his SCCA spec RX-7 in the advanced run group. Chats with another guy who's driving a nice clean 911 speedster (964 era?). Friend accepts the opportunity to borrow said speedster for *one* lap around the track, just the warmup lap.

Speedster has been equipped with aftermarket brake/clutch metal pedal covers, and a big reverse 'L' shaped gas pedal cover (sounds like the Wings pedal). Friend plays w. the pedals, drives it around the paddock a bit to familiarize himself.

Turn 3, braking zone, driver gets a big footful of... you guessed it, gas. Shoots forward towards the back of another (braking) car, swerves to avoid crunching the front of the speedster, {spin, spin, spin.... crunch}. Whole left side of the car introduces itself to the Armco.

Initial rough estimate by a couple of shop owners at the track is $15k in repairs

Just a cautionary tale. If the pedal work well for you, outstanding! If you might loan the car to someone else... keep that screwdriver in the car so you can whip that puppy off!
Old 10-25-2001, 01:28 PM
Rob O'Meara
Instructor

Guys,

Just to let you know I'm off the hook, so the 911 stays for now...

If my turbo is ready this week I'd love to come out for a blast at the weekend. It's not looking too hopeful though. GT One do great work, but don't turn things around particularly quickly.
Old 10-25-2001, 02:08 PM
Steve in the UK
Instructor

Rob

Good news!

Regreattably I cannot make this weekend either as we have my parents coming to stay. However, one weekend soon would be great.

Rob Henrikson

Good to hear from you again. Thanks for the tip off on letting strangers drive with the Wings Pedal on. I too, have on occasions stood on the brakes only to find that its the accelerator by mistake. Luckily the clutch pedal was depressed at the time so no harm done.

Otherwise I am very pleased that I bought it.

Regards
Old 10-26-2001, 05:40 AM
Riccardo
Burning Brakes

I am going to a PCGB aniversary party this weekend, so I don't think I can make it. However, we could maybe go on the following weekend (3 or 4 Nov).

Also, on 10 & 11 Nov is the Classic Car show at the NEC. I know there will be some classic Porsches, as well as a PCGB stand. I am definitely going, and if anyone else is interested in classic cars maybe we could go the long way (A & B roads)? Just a thought.

Good news on the job front Rob!

Eric, OK, those first two or three junctions on the M25 didn't count! After that I pretty much stuck to 70 / 80 all the way.... just.

See you all soon.
Old 10-26-2001, 05:46 AM
Wayne 993TT in France
Intermediate

Rob,

what work are you having done to your car?
Old 10-26-2001, 06:55 AM
Rocket
Instructor

Couldn't make the meet unfortunately.

Hopefully next time, and in the daylight.

Look forward to that.

Rocket
Old 10-26-2001, 07:28 AM
John W
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hi guys !!

Great to see you all, and yep, I'll be up for a meet again, but as with great comedy, timing is critical

Appologies, but I left the disk with the pic on at home . I promise to post it asap (we're out tonight, so maybe Saturday morning).

Rob, glad to hear your okay for work for a while longer.

As for the HIDs, web address is www.autolamps-online.com
Hold off for the moment though.
Firstly I would like to see if we can't get a discount for a group buy, and secondly, I have another lead to follow up first.
This other lead may give better prices, but downside is bulbs will not be H1 mounts, so would require bulb mounts to be modded...

I'll see what I can find out, and let you all know asap.
In the mean time, Dan (I think) posted on one of the other messages a link to some details of how to fit these. I've not followed the link but I also have all the pics from my install. Try
here and click on the appropriate folder for the hid pics.

Catch you all later guys.

Cheers,
John.
Old 10-26-2001, 10:32 AM
John W
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Okay guys,

Autolamps will give us a 10% discount on their kits for the 4300k HID H1 kits.
That brings them down from 440 GBP to 400GBP.
If you specifically want the newer cool blue 6000k kits, they run at about 580GBP, and they can only offer 20GBP off this at the moment (supply & demand I guess).

I'm still awaiting a response on the other option, but if you want to go the 'H1 bulbs - want to do a reversible HID install' then mail me and I'll give you the password you need to get the discount (don't rush - I haven't got it myself yet !).

Have a good one guys.

Cheers,
John.

Quick Reply: UK meet lastnight