993 Forum 1995-1998

C4S makes it home to Plano

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 01:42 AM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Default C4S makes it home to Plano

I flew to Miami Friday morning and completed the deal on my 1998 C4S with the seller at The Collection. The Collection is an incredible dealership that in one multimillion dollar, beautifully designed building contains dealerships for Porsche, Audi, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Maserati, and Lotus. They had done a PPI and leakdown test for me. My seller picked me up at the airport and we drove to the dealership. In addition to making the deal we checked out the Ferrari's, the Aston Martin's and got to see a new Carrera GT in the flesh. This one was black with boxster red interior. Very impressive. It's hard to imagine owning one and actually driving it in public on the street, it seems so low.

I applied the Magbra I received the day before and taped up the front end and mirrors with gaffers tape. The Magbra is really a nice product. Then, at about 3pm, I drove 350 miles to the Tampa area where I spent the night with inlaws. I drove through miserable miles and miles of bumper to bumper Miami traffic and encountered an unbelievable thunder storm along "Alligator Alley" heading west across Florida. It was carnage with cars driving off the road. An 18-wheeler cab actually lost control and landed upside down in the swamp to the side with only the wheels and gas tanks showing. When I drove by a large crowd was already there. I saw the police and an ambulance heading there a few minutes later. Fortunately the C4S wasn't phased by the weather and just tracked along. I arrived in Tampa safe and the C4S got to spend the night inside next to my brother-in-law's 911SC Targa.

The next morning we would set off on our 1,100 mile drive to Plano.

Well, my pic didn't add... see next post.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:49 AM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Pics at the brother in law's in Tampa before the drive to Dallas.
Attached Images  
Old 06-14-2004, 02:08 AM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

We left Saturday morning at 6am intending to make it a two day drive. Long story short, we cranked and wound up in Dallas around 10PM.

The drive was fun. We traded off driving at gas stops. Along the way we encountered a BMW X5 V8 owner with an agressive wheel/tire, exhaust, and tasteful body package who was really flying. We got in behind him and had a lot of fun. It was great because he was a bully to the cars blocking the fast lane. I didn't want to get near cars ahead to avoid getting peppered with stuff from the road. He would get right on their tail. I can imagine these drivers' surprise when they noticed his grill and headlights filling their mirrors. Needless to say, they got out of the way. I wish we remembered to take a few pics but we were having too much fun. The car ran great and seemed to really enjoy the high speeds. It was very relaxed.

Today, the gaffers tape came off, the C4S got a good wash and wax. Tomorrow night, the interior gets the treatment. More pics soon.
Attached Images  
Old 06-14-2004, 02:11 AM
Bruce SEA 993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on your new car and great write-up!
Old 06-14-2004, 02:13 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Great trip! Great car! Congrats!
Old 06-15-2004, 02:06 AM
MikeAlwaysWins
Addict
Rennlist Member

That was way too much fun...Congrats.. love your car....
Old 06-15-2004, 02:21 AM
GS Lee
Intermediate

Good to see another 993 here in the Dallas area.

Congrats,
Old 06-15-2004, 12:48 PM
captainjim
6th Gear

Congrats on the purchase.

That story is strangely familiar! I also bought my C4S (a 1997) from the Collection (in 1999) and was picked up at the airport by the salesman. Ditto on the inaugural drive across the alley toward Tampa - but I stopped in Longboat Key as my destination on that trip. I have some pictures taken on the drive. I made one stop for gas and when I came out there were two police cars parked next to me. Snapped a photo. I don't have that one handy, but here is a more recent one.

I just joined Rennlist as a member yesterday.
Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2004, 01:18 PM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

captainjim,

They have some kind of weather down there. Some bugs too.

I have a couple of pics on a 35mm that have yet to be developed, but I'm glad I used the gaffers tape on the front bumper in addition to the Magbra on the hood. My tape job was pretty ratty looking by the end of the trip as it was being peeled back (I should have purchased the Warp Drive version), but it did the trick. Many insects gave their lives so that my C4S could reach its Plano destination rapidly.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Derrick B.
Racer

Congrats on the new car and thanks for the write up. Great looking car, but hey, I'm a bit biased...
Old 06-15-2004, 05:07 PM
RS man
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Glacier White 993 is most definitely growing on me. The 3 colours I DID NOT want to buy were Guards Red, Any white and silver. You can see the red and white have convinced me so far......
Have a great time with your new toy.

Harry
Old 06-15-2004, 05:13 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi Jastx..!

Great read - and an outstanding looking 993 C4S!! Perfect color (well, like Derrick - I may be a bit biased as well.. ..

Keep those pictures coming!!!!

And congrats again!
Old 06-22-2004, 01:35 AM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

A few extra pics after making it home. Check out the gaffers tape on the front that protected the bumper.
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2004, 01:36 AM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

another
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2004, 01:37 AM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

oh yeah! BTW, the big ovals should arrive tomorrow!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: C4S makes it home to Plano