993 Forum 1995-1998

TRG Unveils 24 Hours of Le Mans Livery

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 04:09 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Default TRG Unveils 24 Hours of Le Mans Livery

(You can visit the TRG Forum on Rennlist here...)

Twelve days before the start of the 2004 24 Hours of Le Mans, the TRG crew was already on the ground in Germany, working to put the finishing touches on the 2004 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR that the team will campaign in the heralded endurance race. The car itself has just returned from the UK, where a stunning custom-designed livery has been applied to the car. TRG and its partners designed the livery, which will extend from the car to all of the team’s equipment and garage environment at Le Mans. Photos of the livery can be seen at www.theracersgroup.com

Influenced by TRG’s traditional blue and yellow branding, the team worked to develop a theme for Le Mans that communicates the elegance and passion of Porsche racecars. As his team takes on more international endurance races, like Le Mans and the recent LMES 1000km of Monza, team owner Kevin Buckler has seen an opportunity for growth.

”Our team has experienced tremendous growth over the last ten years,” he said, “and since 2002, we’ve been very lucky to have some amazing partners and drivers join up with us. This year is no exception – we’re essentially running three separate programs with the ALMS, Grand-Am and perhaps the LMES. When you add Le Mans to that list, it becomes both a huge workload and also a great opportunity for growth. We were approached by a group of companies – Oakfields, Gregor Fisken Fine Historic Automobiles and the Maldives Tourism Authority – about running the 24 Hours of Le Mans this year, and we’ve put together a program that we believe will be very fulfilling to everyone involved.”

Branding, corporate hospitality and sponsor return on investment have become TRG’s differentiating factors as the company routinely prepares cars that are technically capable of competing for wins in international GT endurance racing. Buckler explained, “We’ve worked hard to create a circumstance where our partners are rewarded for their participation with us, and that’s come to include some very comprehensive marketing and branding executions. For Le Mans this year, we expanded on our traditional colors and are utilizing some great vendors to create an environment that’s not only unified and elegant from a corporate perspective, but also functional and comfortable to work in for the week of Le Mans.”

In addition to its new partners Oakfields, Gregor Fisken Fine Historic Automobiles and the Maldives Tourism Authority, TRG welcomes its season-long sponsors Rennlist.com and CDOC to Le Mans. Rennlist, who has partnered with The Racer’s Group for four years, will help TRG undertake live chat sessions and forum updates from the pits at Le Mans. To participate in live chat sessions, log onto http://forums.rennlist.com/.

Also, TRG will for the third year bring Monster Cable and its guests to Le Mans. Monster, who provided much of the hardware for TRG’s communications carts, will welcome guests from four of their partner companies to La Sarthe.

The 2004 24 Hours of Le Mans runs on June 12-13 this year, and will be broadcast on Speed Channel in the US.

About our partners:
Gregor Fisken is today internationally acknowledged as the foremost dealer in fine historic automobiles. Having founded the business in the difficult days of 1991 the company has gone from strength to strength with an annual turnover measured in millions and a reputation that is second to none. www.gregorfisken.com

Established since 1975 Oakfields specialize in the worldwide import and export of new and used Sports, Racing, Classic and Prestige automobiles. Motorsport is a primary focus and over the years Oakfields have bought and sold many famous competition cars, including a factory Mercedes CLK GTR and Alfa Romeo T33 1975 world championship winning car and many famous 'ex-works' rally and race cars. Visit www.oakfields.com

The Maldives are an independent tropical republic, straddling the equator in the Indian Ocean. Comprised of about 1200 islands, the republic offers some of the world’s best scuba diving, surfing, and game fishing, and a network of resort hotels provide world-class service in a stunning setting. Accessible by scheduled and charter flights from Europe, the Middle East and Asia, the Maldives are becoming one of the world’s foremost holiday destinations. To learn more, go to www.visitmaldives.com

Monster is the world's leading manufacturer of high performance cables for home, car and professional use as well as computers and computer games. Monster Power®, a division of Monster Cable, provides AC power conditioning and protection products as well as a complete line of PowerCells. Learn more at www.monstercable.com

Safety and performance. That is what we are all about at CDOC, whether it’s for a racecar or streetcar. And that’s why both amateurs and professionals alike come back again and again. We are known for being trustworthy, knowledgeable and dependable. www.cdoc.com

Rennlist is the world’s largest Porsche and Audi enthusiast’s site, with more than 200,000 members. Members can participate in email lists and discussion forums, and browse classified ads from fellow members as well as the top aftermarket parts and service companies in the world. Learn more at www.rennlist.com

JCB Excavators - Joseph Cyril Bamford launched the construction and agricultural equipment manufacturing company that bears his initials, in 1945. He began his business in a garage that measured 12 feet by 15 feet. JCB Excavators is one of the world’s foremost manufacturers of construction and agricultural equipment, and is one of the UK’s largest privately owned companies. Learn more at www.jcb.com

Clearair has a primary objective of ”the development of emission reduction systems and improvements to the fuel economy of combustion engines.” The two components that make up Clearair work extremely effectively on their own and give improved benefits when they are packaged together. One component is fitted to the inlet side of the engine and the second on the exhaust side. Our development process has been directed on the exhaust manifold positioned product. This product is called the “CEV”, Combustion Enhancement Valve, which gives outstanding results in both emission reductions and fuel consumption improvements. The product is extremely cost effective in terms of production and ease of fitment.

The Racer’s Group is a manufacturer and distributor of high performance Porsche parts, an engine and chassis building and tuning facility, a full service Porsche prep facility, and a professional race team. Additionally, they provide electrical and mechanical engineering services, driver development and "arrive and drive" services. The Racer’s Group is based at Infineon Raceway, formerly Sears Point Raceway, in Sonoma, Calif.

###
Old 06-03-2004, 04:15 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice spot for a rennlist.com sticker...
Old 06-03-2004, 04:20 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally posted by Alfie
Nice spot for a rennlist.com sticker...
Funny you should say that, as I was chatting with Kevin the other day - and asked him for the inside of the wheel wells.. Know when the car pits, SPEED always pans to the tire changers???
Old 06-03-2004, 04:21 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Hmmmm, I could find a spot on there for a turtle sticker...

(Car looks great and nice placement of the Rennlist sticker)
Old 06-03-2004, 04:22 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Now that I think about it, with that placemenet, Rennlist will be first over the finishline!
Old 06-03-2004, 04:22 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

I like...
Old 06-03-2004, 04:24 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally posted by Mike in Chi
Hmmmm, I could find a spot on there for a turtle sticker...

(Car looks great and nice placement of the Rennlist sticker)
Well - actually - I'd chip in to get a "HWFM" sticker on the entry..!! If enough of us participated - we may be able to get some prime space.. Want me to ask???

I'm serious if you are..!!!
Old 06-03-2004, 04:24 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

John

What is the logo on the roof? also look like it's on the wing and nose...
Old 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
John D.
Banned

John

What is the logo on the roof? also look like it's on the wing and nose...
Ahhh - that's the Fisken logo. It's a neat decal, to be honest....
Old 06-03-2004, 04:32 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,
I think it's Gregor Fisken - http://www.gregorfisken.com/. They are a dealer in quality historic autos. I periodically drool over their web site.
Rick
Old 06-03-2004, 04:40 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

John

I would suspect that the cost of the logo placement would be equal to the total value of my race car.

On the other hand, I always wanted to go to Le Mans.

Besides, if a HWFM Racing car won Le Mans, the world would surely end at 4:01pm. I don't want to be responsible for that.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:43 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Default A Harbinger of things to come

John

Maybe it was meant to be:
Attached Images  
Old 06-03-2004, 04:45 PM
John D.
Banned

John

I would suspect that the cost of the logo placement would be equal to the total value of my race car. .....
Honestly - probably not....!! For several thousand I'm guessing we'd get some pretty good placement and a fair sized decal. BUT - it's only a guess - and I will ask, as I'm pretty sure Kevin would like to assist (plus - the Turtle sticker on his car would be terrific!!! )....

Now - about the world stopping at 4:01..?? Hmmmm
Old 06-03-2004, 04:50 PM
Matt Vaughan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the new scheme, but it definitely needs the Rennlist and HWFM promos. After all, we need to get the whole world familiar with the two collectives, especially since we may one day get a Turtle car to Sarthe.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:56 PM
John D.
Banned

Default Re: A Harbinger of things to come

John

Maybe it was meant to be:

OHHH my GOSH!!!! You got a picture of Buckler without those FUNKY BLUE GLASSES?? I swear he probably wears them to bed (I'll have to ask Deb about that, tho' )

Quick Reply: TRG Unveils 24 Hours of Le Mans Livery