Close-Ratio Gearbox & Lightweight Flywheel - Report

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2001, 06:56 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Steve,

It is my understanding that unless you have substantially more torque (read Turbo territory) than your stock engine is producing now, the Turbo pressure plate is not necessary. The RS plate is a lot stronger than the standard issue anyway.

However, if it makes you feel good, the Turbo pressure plate is a few dollars more than the RS version and the clutch itself is a bit less. My guess is there are no weight differences.
Old 07-12-2001, 02:14 PM
NRK
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding sale of gearboxes, I did end up selling my G/50-20 to recoup some of my costs. The purchaser was an advertiser in Excellence, maybe Powerhaus II if I recall. Still a hassle and expense to ship, what with packaging and all.
Old 07-12-2001, 03:27 PM
GeoT3
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Steve,
TT clutch set ups are slightly different than NA. I found this out when I was shopping for a slave cylinder. Originally I was quoted $450 for it and come to find out that it was for a TT (993 116 237-52) it was said to be power assisted. and this would make sense as TT PP does have more clamping force and therefore requires more peddle pressure.

Quick Reply: Close-Ratio Gearbox & Lightweight Flywheel - Report