Sponsored by:

Which wax to use??

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 11:18 AM
kezcapt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Paint (abrasive wax)

I was horrified to read that your are removing paint while waxing. Obviously, this would be appropriate for cpmpounding and glazing but not while waxing on a regular basis. I use original Porsche wax (I don't know who the OEM is) and it works very well. There is absolutely no paint removal with this product and I don't think it is particularly expensive. Pelikan has this wax and I think their price is competitive.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:13 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, I'm setting myself up for a flame, I know it!
But... I have been using Nu Finish for quite some time now. I have a non metallic car without a clear coat. My car really shines after a claying and a Nu Finish waxing. Really... it really does look great! It is so freakin easy to apply and take off, you would be amazed. I have a Riviera blue car and my car is stunning when I'm finished. Oh, and both cars in the attached picture are waxed with Nu Finish.
Has anyone else used this product or have the guts to admit it?? he he.
Ya know, consumer reports rated in number one in consumer satisfaction. Not that that means anything but it convinced me to try it and have used nothing else since.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:17 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Originally posted by mnmblu
Okay, I'm setting myself up for a flame, I know it!
But... I have been using Nu Finish for quite some time now. I have a non metallic car without a clear coat. My car really shines after a claying and a Nu Finish waxing. Really... it really does look great! It is so freakin easy to apply and take off, you would be amazed. I have a Riviera blue car and my car is stunning when I'm finished. Oh, and both cars in the attached picture are waxed with Nu Finish.
Has anyone else used this product or have the guts to admit it?? he he.
Ya know, consumer reports rated in number one in consumer satisfaction. Not that that means anything but it convinced me to try it and have used nothing else since.
Damn your car is awesome. Love the colour...
I remember seeing it last month at streets of willow
Old 06-01-2004, 11:40 PM
rcwelch
Addict
Rennlist Member

mnmblu...I use Nu Finish on my wheels and I like the way it makes them look and it lasts a long time. I use Zaino on the car and it works so well I will not try anything else. I agree that the Nu Finish is a breeze to use.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:27 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Thanks Phil,
Maybe I'll see you out there again in October. September will be too darn HOT. So... I'll wait for the cooler weather.
Oh, and if you like that color here is a picture of a 76 914, Laguna Blue which I also loved. Never used the brakes on that car, he he.
Happy Motoring fellas\
Old 06-02-2004, 02:47 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Talking

You know RC,
I have read so much about this Zanio that I just may try it for kicks but then again why fix it if it ain't broke. And... I think you know what I'm takin about with the ease of use factor, eh?
Anyway, I was just about ready to close out this response and I started thinking how nice it is to be yakin with a bunch of Porsche crazy nuts like myself. I am glad I found this place thru Boris, a member, who just sold me a wind stop. Thanks Boris, lookin forward to getting that baby soon.
Oh, and as long as I'm in the mood, I think I'll attach a picture of my old 81 SC. She also got the Nu Finish treatment.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:53 AM
Benton
Drifting

How well does that Nu Finish work when exposed to the elements? Does it water spot easily? Does it look dirty easily or repel rain well?
Old 06-02-2004, 11:21 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Cool

You know,
I live in Los Angeles and don't really have that many elements to worry about and to tell you the truth, if it's raining I usually don't drive the scooter. The car never really gets that dirty. I use a California duster between drives and use a very soft brush on the wheels to dispense with any brake dust build up. It takes about 3 minutes and keeps the car looking great all the time. If it needs a little quick wipe down after the dusting, I use a little Mothers clay lubricant and buff out the affending areas with a soft terry cloth.
Nu Finish claims it's a once a year process but I do touch-ups all the time, a panel hear a panel there. I try to keep horizonal panels waxed more often than the vertical ones as they are not exposed as badly. The car gets coated long before I would ever notice a problem with protection.
I'm too **** but also lazy so I want great results and I don't want to gyrate to get em. So... after years of trying this and that and this too, I have settled into what works for me.

Oh, and here's a fella that just got waxed too!
Old 06-03-2004, 12:57 AM
ringmeister
Addict
Rennlist Member

ZAINO!
Old 06-03-2004, 03:40 AM
emilios
Burning Brakes

ZYMOL VINTAGE!

Old 06-03-2004, 04:31 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ringmeister
[B]ZAINO!

Good god that Enzo is INZAINO! I WANT A RIDE!! But don't let me drive it.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:12 AM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Monique - for ease of use, I would recommend Klasse - its the easiest 'wax' I have ever used and the results are comparable to Zymol (IMHO). I can now Klasse and seal my car in about 35 minutes....
Old 06-03-2004, 08:46 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

Strange that Meguiars would not respond. Personally i have never had a problem with their customers service and ive always had very friendly support. I would call them though instead of using their email.

I use all Meguiars stuff. I think they DO have a wax thats non-clear safe.

As for the Griots recommendation, they seem pretty good as well, just a bit overpriced on stuff that you CAN get cheaper elsewhere.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:06 AM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use Zaino on the Cab but I use NuFinish on the hull of my ski boat.
Every season, before I put the boat in the water, I give the hull a fresh coat of NuFinish. At the end of the season (July-August), the cleanup is much easier. I suppose it is a testament to its durability if it lasts for two months under water.

Dave
Old 06-03-2004, 09:33 AM
SLVR
Pro

Great, I'm happy if I find time to wash it...., must have the wrong job or something.....

Quick Reply: Which wax to use??