Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2001, 01:57 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 307 Likes on 213 Posts
Sean,

Performance Products does make a thicker mat that they do not embroider on. They use some sort of logo patch on it, but sell it plain also. I would try these.

John
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook

Old 06-28-2001, 10:18 AM
tc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John,
Have you thought about black leather door inserts to go with the carbon fiber and other black upgrades. (to replace the greay ones that are stock) Interior looks good so far... My interior is same color and I was considering black mats because my grey ones have discolored. Please post that full carbon interior when complete!
Old 06-28-2001, 10:46 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by E. J. - 95 Carrera - No. Va.:
<STRONG>John, I am sure it has been discussed ad nauseum, but really fast, where can I find those floor mats? Are the factory items?

Thanx,</STRONG>
EJ,
I got mine at clair.com they are factory mats and cost around $100.
Greg
Clair parts

[ 06-28-2001: Message edited by: Greg Fishman ]
Old 06-28-2001, 11:45 AM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Thanx to all. Looks like I know what to ask the family for christmas now. I did not realize that when I bought the car and took it to the track for the first time when I thought I was removing the mats (as per most DE rules) I was actualy removing the carpet. It is really like there are two mats. Now I know I need mats on top of the removable carpeting.
Old 06-28-2001, 12:12 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Reply to TC:

I ordered the carbon fiber door inserts, which will add contrast to the door. They replace the large, somewhat triangular piece on the door interior.

John
Old 06-28-2001, 01:06 PM
SteveG.
Rennlist Member

Roger,
The aluminum gauges look great! Did you install them yourself and where did you pick them up? I have been thinking about putting them in as well.

Steve G.
Old 06-28-2001, 01:21 PM
roger sf
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Steve, you might search the archives on this site as there have been several good threads on the topic of aluminum guage face upgrades. There are both factory and aftermarket alternatives, both with their pros and cons.

I purchased mine (factory gauges) at Palo Alto Speedo and had them installed there as well. I wouldn't try to do this myself, as there is an adhesive coating on the original gauge faces that can make removal tricky. Not to mention the fact that getting the gauges out didn't look like a lot of fun.
Old 06-28-2001, 06:40 PM
Jump2xs
Intermediate

Thumbs down

I hate my aluminum/carbon shifter. It looks fantastic, but WOW does it get hot in the sun, I swear I've gotten 2nd degree burns off that baby. I like the hand brake though, as I only have to touch it for a second and I can avoid the aluminum much easier than the shifter.
Old 06-28-2001, 06:57 PM
Garey Cooper
Rennlist Member

Here is a picture of the gauges in my car. I had them done quite a while ago. I like the more solid color look. The LCD's shine through the solid silver.

I've also changed my gear shift and hand brake lever. I will try to post pictures of this later.
Old 06-28-2001, 07:56 PM
CA993
Intermediate

Originally posted by John D II 97TT:
<STRONG>Hi Everyone,

I ordered the balance of the carbon fiber interior (full dash kit, 2 center console pieces, e-brake tray and door panel inserts)

John </STRONG>
John:

I recently acquired a 1997 TT Artic/Black. Where did you order your carbon fiber pieces from, as well as the Alum pedals - they look great? Is the carbon fiber factory? Thanks for the info.

Mike
Old 06-28-2001, 08:31 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Mike,

I purchased the shifter & e-brake at a local Porsche dealer, got the aluminumpedals from NR Auto accessories (they have become available everywhere recently, ie. most aftermarket suppliers), the steering wheel is from the Porsche exclusive department through Schatz Motorsports and the balance of the interior carbon fiber is coming from FVD. All pieces are/will be the Porsche OEM carbon fiber. I ordered the VDO OEM aluminum gauge faces from "The Race Store" (a new vendor that recently posted on this board). I am going to attempt the gauge face install myself. Being a perfectionist by nature and mechanically inclined, I am going to give it a shot. My feeling is if it can be done, I don't see why I can not do it. It looks pretty straight forward to me. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

John
Old 06-30-2001, 05:41 PM
tc
Intermediate

Is this a diy installation? How hard is it to change the shifter and brake? Thanks....
Old 06-30-2001, 11:24 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

IMO, the shifter and e-brake removal and replacement is relatively simple. It is a matter of unscrewing the center console, starting with the plastic trays. once removed, more screws will be visable. Just keep taking all the screws out and the center console will lift up. The shifter on the TT is held on by a metal spring clip. Just remove the clip and the shifter will come off. There is another spring clip that holds the leather boot in place. Remove it and the shifter will be free. E-brake is easy too. Adjust it with the tension nut so that it clicks about 4-5 times when fully engaged. IMO, once you get into this project, it flows very easily.

John

Quick Reply: Aluminum Shift/Brake B4 & After (pic)