Sponsored by:

Chicago area peeps…The Last Detail

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 04:20 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 203 Posts
Default Chicago area peeps…The Last Detail

Title says it all…unique collection of FS vehicles there. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them?

Looking at a Boxster S in their possession currently
Old 07-20-2022, 10:11 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Old 07-20-2022, 10:13 PM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by P-daddy
You usually have more...

Old 07-21-2022, 01:41 AM
NoRush993/951
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I’ve had them detail my cars over the years and they do really nice work. They’ve been around a long time and are attentive to the details. The Lambo and classic car guys seem to use them for service. I would have no issue buying a car from them as they know what they are doing and get some really nice cars coming thru their hands.
Old 07-21-2022, 01:50 AM
NoRush993/951
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That boxster looks good and will sell to a local around here pretty quickly at that price as it just listed. The Lake Foresters will snap it up.
Old 07-21-2022, 07:36 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NoRush993/951
That boxster looks good and will sell to a local around here pretty quickly at that price as it just listed. The Lake Foresters will snap it up.
Enjoyed a long conversation with Tom, the owner…very gracious with his time. Just a tad bit enthusiastic about what he does…I was immediately jealous. My concerns about a few breaks in the Carfax, maintenance records, etc…were quickly cleared up. He mentioned his Friday “e-blasts” to something like 50k+ recipients, and that oftentimes new inventory immediately sells via that. He considered BAT for this Boxster S, but wanted a quicker turn around.

I feel it was priced slightly above market, after all it isn’t a one owner full records car…but there is history from owner #2&3, they are good friends I am told. Recent $5500 service at an extremely well known facility (Pete Gerling at Lake Barrington Motorsports) means there isn’t any mechanical “to-do” items on the vehicle.

I have hemmed and hawed before, only to call and the vehicle was gone. Didn’t really think I had the luxury of time with this one. Deposit down, arranging wire transfer and shipping details.

This is just a couple options shy of what I would build today…this was just too close to everything on the wish list, to let go.

Lot’ of Pcar stuff to do now….

DD Cayenne GTS in the shop, need to throw lots of $$ at that…
993 going back in the first week of August…
The wrecked while being repaired Cayenne GTS needs $$ before it goes up for sale…

Thankfully I have the next 3 months off to play with all of this.

Now, I just gotta figure out the best width and ET for a set of Tramont Cups for the Boxster…and exhaust mods, and lowering springs, and, and, and,and…
The following users liked this post:
gonzilla (07-21-2022)
Old 07-21-2022, 07:55 AM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Joe- I don’t know Boxster pricing at all but this seems to be a very nice example. She looks beautiful! I like where you’re going with the mods list already.
Old 07-21-2022, 02:15 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
I have hemmed and hawed before, only to call and the vehicle was gone. Didn’t really think I had the luxury of time with this one. Deposit down, arranging wire transfer and shipping details.
Congrats!!! Can't wait to see pics. It really seems like a nice example. Good lock and have fun with it!
Old 07-21-2022, 10:50 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 702 Likes on 292 Posts

Congrats Joe - welcome to the Boxster club... Never thought I'd own one but I love mine.

I also love that color combination! Sweet memories.

Old 07-21-2022, 11:45 PM
clib
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
Title says it all…unique collection of FS vehicles there. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them?

Looking at a Boxster S in their possession currently
bought my 993 from them 18 years ago. Been happy ever since. Referred a friend with similar good outcome. Nothing but good things to say.

good luck

bill
Old 07-22-2022, 09:48 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nurburger
Congrats Joe - welcome to the Boxster club... Never thought I'd own one but I love mine.

I also love that color combination! Sweet memories.
Obviously Nick, I’ve never forgiven myself for letting Ginger slip thru my hands. Lesson learned…hope all is well.
Old 07-28-2022, 10:12 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Well…she’s here! Two initial drives in, and I gotta say that I am impressed. She likely needs a suspension refresh, nothing aggressive, struts, lowering springs…just needs to tighten up a “bit”. New wheels…Tramont Cup’s after the European summer break will be incoming.. Definitely…DEFINITELY needs an exhaust mod also. Absolutely stunning condition for a 20 year old, 43k mile car.

Drive, detail, drive…that was today.

Never owned a convertible before, always enjoyed drives in the 993 with the windows down, and sunroof open though. Remarkable thing is…75mph, top and windows down, and you can have a conversation without even raising your voice. Of course I was muttering aloud to myself a job well done, how good I looked driving the car, etc. But I could hear myself clearly ya know. Or I was conversing with my imaginary friends…feel free to judge me.

The following 3 users liked this post by Magdaddy:
gonzilla (07-29-2022), jbutzi (07-31-2022), max911 (07-30-2022)

Quick Reply: Chicago area peeps…The Last Detail