Airbag Module Access

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2022, 08:14 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,509 Likes on 1,065 Posts

Originally Posted by bobbyp
Thanks so much for circling back on this Andy.
The alternator was rebuilt by a shop with an excellent reputation for 911 alternators so I doubt that is the issue. Would something light up on the dash if the alternator didn't produce enough power? No dash lights related to the alternator though I've only gone on a couple of 20 minute rides since putting in the new alternator.
Belt slipping? Maybe. This was the first time I ever changed the belts but looked OK with the krikit tool - one of your recommendations from another thread I believe.

Out of town until the 15th and even though the battery is always on a tender I will get a new battery to see if anything changes. I believe the battery has a 6/2019 date code.
Will post up again when I have more data.
Hi Bobby,
The quality of the alternator rebuild has little to do with the quality of the work of the shop that put it in as they are not the ones who rebuilt it. The shop knows a certain number of rebuild installs result in a redo due to a defective rebuilt alternator. With a new battery if the system is not showing at least 13.5 volts when running you will need to take it back to the shop and they will swap it out with another rebuilt one. If the rebuild was installed recently there should be no charge for this.
Andy
Old 06-04-2022, 10:53 PM
bobbyp
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

Thanks Andy. I will better check the voltages when I am back in town in 10 days or so. I changed out the alternator myself when replacing the cracked fan. The alternator was rebuilt by a highly recommended alternator shop that rebuilds tons of 911 alternators - it was the original alternator and much of it was renewed so any voltage problems could have been my error.
I will recheck with a new battery upon my return to NY.
Otherwise the car is running great.
Old 06-05-2022, 01:20 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I had the same issue with sporadic airbag fault and the airbag low voltage code that I read with the UDT999 tool. Because my battery was 5 years old, I got a new one and the issue has not appeared again. I went with an AGM battery and are happy. I suggest you start with afresh battery to have a solid base line.

Quick Reply: Airbag Module Access