Old 06-19-2001, 07:27 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 312 Likes on 218 Posts
Hello Bill;
I Have a quick question for you. Is your fogging near the top of your bra, or in the middle. This has happened to me years back. Try Meguirs #5, Hand Glaze, If you still have the haze use 3M's Finesse-it II, Finishing Material, it contains no silicone or wax. Part Number -05928. Heres the application: Designed for use on all auto-paints, to remove grade microfine 1500 or fier sand scratches, may be used to remove other fine surface scratches or light oxidation. Do Not apply in direct sunlight or hot surfaces. Best result occur with electric buffer, I have got good results with hand applications. Another suggestions is if you MUST refinish your hood, talk with a shop that will just wetsand the hood and Clear Coat it only. Good Luck
Old 06-19-2001, 08:14 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The hazing is two big blotches about 12 inches in diameter each on both sides of the hood where the bra sat. I have tried the Meguires Hand Glaze and still no luck. Colgan is being very contrite and wants me to have it professionally polished. I am taking it to the local Porsche dealer in the morning to see what they can do. They said Polar Silver, being a somewhat custom color reliant heavily on the clear coat, is a bit more susceptible to this happening. I appreciate all the advice so far and will keep you updated. The moral of the story is that we should all go bra-less as suggested earlier.

Quick Reply: Please Help! Bra Damaged my Finish!-