Sponsored by:

Shipping Lithium Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 12:00 PM
burgermeister
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Shipping Lithium Batteries

Anyone have issues shipping a Lithium car battery? If not, how did you ship it?

I have an Antigravity Group26 battery that started doing funny things. Per phone discussion with customer service, I was instructed to return the battery. The local FedEx office, however, won't accept it for shipment. The folks at Antigravity suggested I try other locations until someone does accept the battery. Not having many locations nearby, this is rather inconvenient. Obviously the batteries can be shipped, as it got shipped to my house ... I am confused at the apparent difficulty of shipping it back.
Old 09-02-2021, 12:16 PM
crw
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 210 Posts

I think the US post office allows it - it is going to cost a lot because you will have to declare the content - there is a hazard up-charge.
Old 09-02-2021, 04:23 PM
burgermeister
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmmm.... I ended up doing the online label thing. It asked me if the shipment contained batteries - I checked 'yes'. Taped up the box and dropped it off. That seemed to work.
Pretty sure it got to me via FedEx in the first place. I wonder why the original place refused to accept it.
Old 09-03-2021, 02:31 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,065 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by burgermeister
Anyone have issues shipping a Lithium car battery? If not, how did you ship it?

I have an Antigravity Group26 battery that started doing funny things. Per phone discussion with customer service, I was instructed to return the battery. The local FedEx office, however, won't accept it for shipment. The folks at Antigravity suggested I try other locations until someone does accept the battery. Not having many locations nearby, this is rather inconvenient. Obviously the batteries can be shipped, as it got shipped to my house ... I am confused at the apparent difficulty of shipping it back.
HI Burger,

Please call us and ask to speak to Arlene or Chad, I think we can assist you in this with more detail on the best way to get this done. Some of these places are super finicky. They want you to drop of at a main branch or say they can't take it. Usually I just go to a business place that does shipping like Fedex and UPS and walk in and tell them I have a labled package for Fedex, where can I drop it off.... then they just say put it over there or take it. The Fed Ex locations get a bit kooky and start asking if you have liquid or batteries or whatever inside. It proven to just be easier to drop it off a business and shipping location that takes drop offs for FedEx and UPS and avoid that. Sorry about that hassle. Our phone is 310 527 2330, and we are open until 4pm Pacific time...ask for Chad or Arlene and we'll try to assist.
Old 09-03-2021, 11:37 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
HI Burger,

Please call us and ask to speak to Arlene or Chad, I think we can assist you in this with more detail on the best way to get this done. Some of these places are super finicky. They want you to drop of at a main branch or say they can't take it. Usually I just go to a business place that does shipping like Fedex and UPS and walk in and tell them I have a labled package for Fedex, where can I drop it off.... then they just say put it over there or take it. The Fed Ex locations get a bit kooky and start asking if you have liquid or batteries or whatever inside. It proven to just be easier to drop it off a business and shipping location that takes drop offs for FedEx and UPS and avoid that. Sorry about that hassle. Our phone is 310 527 2330, and we are open until 4pm Pacific time...ask for Chad or Arlene and we'll try to assist.

Shipping without declaring the contents is a federal offense and puts the carrier (and those in whatever means of conveyance) at serious risk.

Unscrupulous and your recommendation clearly indicates such. Unbelievable
The following users liked this post:
jay@EZimmoblock.com (09-04-2021)
Old 09-03-2021, 11:40 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

OP,
Get an EarthX or Voltphreaks next time. You won’t get bad information and certainly advice in committing a crime.
Old 09-04-2021, 01:55 PM
TET GT3
Racer

Received 187 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Sword_of_the_Spirit
OP,
Get an EarthX or Voltphreaks next time. You won’t get bad information and certainly advice in committing a crime.
Wow, you're really on them over shipping a damn battery. Are you working for another battery supplier?

There's a proper way to ship batteries, since obviously plenty of batteries being sold and shipped every day.
feh (09-04-2021)
Old 09-04-2021, 02:54 PM
bobboinski
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Pretty clear.

https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fedex/us-united-states/services/Shipping-Lithium-Batteries-via-FedEx-Ground.pdf

Last edited by bobboinski; 09-04-2021 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-04-2021, 03:10 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 240 Posts

Shipping without declaring the contents is a federal offense and puts the carrier (and those in whatever means of conveyance) at serious risk.

It sounds like AG is trying to encourage the OP to dodge reporting the box’s contents. Makes me wonder about this vendor.
bobboinski (09-04-2021)
Old 09-04-2021, 05:06 PM
EdinTX
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow. Openly admitting on a public forum that they routinely circumvent packaging and labeling requirements for lithium batteries is shocking. How many of those unmarked shipments have ended up in the cargo hold of a passenger airline? Criminal.
Old 09-04-2021, 05:13 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Originally Posted by TET GT3
Wow, you're really on them over shipping a damn battery. Are you working for another battery supplier?

There's a proper way to ship batteries, since obviously plenty of batteries being sold and shipped every day.

Oblivious you are. To assume I have ties in the industry because I called them out on this as well as have many others on issues noted in my thread below (signature) is asinine.
Old 09-04-2021, 05:27 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

What’s even worse, is RL in so many words stated that what occurred in the below thread was a “Private Matter.” Yet it was public and received thousands of views….. Sad that reputations really don’t exist and dollars (of which you receive the end delio in your email box from Rennlist via Antigravity) matter more.

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ttery-doa.html

PR is not a strong suit of AntiG
Old 09-05-2021, 01:09 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,065 Likes on 599 Posts

Sword of Spirts, you have been following us around and Trolling us going on two years now, its always the same thing with you..... We make a post, then you have to make a completely false, out of context statement that is designed to disrupt the thread and cause conflict. Then you promote some brands of Lithium batteries. This simply shows you are not concerned about the thread and assisting someone, but you are here just to create havoc. Would you please just let us try to assist the Customer without your irrational, uneducated and false statements for once, instead of turning the thread into your self-centered rage attack. It not about you, its about assisting a Customer.

To those reading this thread, these are the actual facts about this shipping issues of Lithium Batteries.

THE FACTS

1- Regarding this Thread

- We are trying to reach out to the Customer to assist them. As we told the Customer in our post above, call the office and talk to Chad or Arlene so we can assist with more detail. We have at times been able to assist a Customer in shipping back a product to us by calling the shipping place the Customer is trying to drop off at. We would never condone, or tell people to do illegal shipments, nor does our post even say that.

2- Regarding Sword of Spirits ridiculous claims of Federal Offences..... here's the facts.

- We are a Certified Shipper of Lithium Products, and have been shipping Lithium Batteries since 2010. 11 years, never an issue.

- Our product has the required UN 38.3 Certifications for Transport which covers DOT Requirements and UN requirements. So our Lithium Batteries are allowed to be shipped anywhere legally
- All our shipments are shipped with the proper Lithium Battery Labeling for Lithium Batteries and Class 9 Shipping Lable...

- If you don't understand shipping, and the Declaration, here is how it works.... When a Customer is shipping a Lithium Battery back to Antigravity, they simply use the same box it came in, there is no need to "declare" anything at all, nor is there any law or otherwise saying you have to verbally declare a package. The reason for not having to declare anything is because our box is the declaration! Meaning our box with the correct lables stating its a Lithium Battery and having a Class 9 lable is the Declaration... so you don't have to say anything to anyone. Its all correct because we shipped it correctly in the first place or it wouldn't have gotten shipping in the first place to the Customer. Sword has absolutely no clue about shipping if he didn't know that. This ridiculous boloney about non-declaration is just foolish. This is why we asked the Customer to call us in the first place... perhaps they don't have the original packaging and might need the stickers sent to them.

3- To answer Sword of Spirits false claim that we are telling a Customer to avoid declaring a shipment.

- As I said above, if a Customer is shipping a product back to us they do not have to declare anything, because the box we ship to them in has all the labels on it for shipping a Lithium Battery on it is in fact declared. That all there is to it it says it all there on the box.

- A massively important issue that Sword of Spirit and others might not be aware of, is that many of the small FedEx stores will not take a Lithium shipment or any shipment that is considered a Class 9 "Dangerous Goods" shipment simply because they do not have a person familiar with the Class 9 Labeling requirements at the desk. Not because it is illegal, or wrong. They just don't want to deal with a shipment that might be labeled wrong, and they don't have staff who know the correct labling requirement becuase the staff at these places are not Certified.... But all Antigravity boxes are labeled correctly. So there is nothing illegal whatsoever. Just drop it off, its properly labeled and good to go.

So for the Original Poster please contact us and if you haven't got this sorted out yet, the staff can talk to you to know if you have the correct sticker and find a place that will take it. For any others if have any questions on shipping Lithium Batteries feel free to reach out to us at chad@antigravitybatteries.com and we will be glad to explain the regulations and requirement as how we can assist you if you ever did have a problem shipping a product back to us.

Last edited by Antigravity; 09-06-2021 at 12:34 AM.
G8rJimbo (07-24-2023)

Quick Reply: Shipping Lithium Batteries