Sponsored by:

Numeric Racing Short Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 02:02 PM
anguilla1980
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Rigor
Think the problem lies on the "jigging" of the Fister unit, a quality control issue., I used a Porsche Oem rod whent on as butter.
Can you expound on this jiggling problem with the FD rods, please? I just bought one but now I'm worried after reading your post. I'm currently using the FD SSK but plan on the NR one once they release an AWD drive version.

I'd like to be able to check mine for this QC issue prior to installing.

Thanks
Old 12-30-2021, 02:03 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 222 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by anguilla1980
Can you expound on this jiggling problem with the FD rods, please? I just bought one but now I'm worried after reading your post. I'm currently using the FD SSK but plan on the NR one once they release an AWD drive version.

I'd like to be able to check mine for this QC issue prior to installing.

Thanks
Unfortunately we aren't going to have an AWD for quite some time.

www.numericracing.com
sales@numericracing.com
Ph: 844-686-7223
Old 12-30-2021, 02:06 PM
anguilla1980
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Numeric Racing
Unfortunately we aren't going to have an AWD for quite some time.
Yup, I read you have to hire a new guy for that. No problem here, I'll just rock my FD SSK until you do.
Old 12-30-2021, 04:14 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We have an end of the year steal for someone!

We have one shifter that got a few knicks in it during shipping so we are selling it as a Blem for $600.

Works perfectly fine just a couple of marks in the anodizing and when it is covered up you will have no idea. Will email pics if we need to!

Email davis@numericracing.com if you are interested!
Old 12-30-2021, 05:23 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,201 Likes on 645 Posts

We have an end of the year steal for someone!

We have one shifter that got a few knicks in it during shipping so we are selling it as a Blem for $600.

Works perfectly fine just a couple of marks in the anodizing and when it is covered up you will have no idea. Will email pics if we need to!

Email davis@numericracing.com if you are interested!
Davis,

I just bought a 997.2 RS and it as this Numeric shifter installed. The seller didn’t disclose issue… but it’s super sloppy doesn’t shift into 1st etc. I havn’t opened it up yet to see what the issues are but what kind of second hand warranty does this have for the shifter and cables?

Thx!

Last edited by Wonderdan; 12-30-2021 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-01-2022, 01:43 AM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Think the problem lies on the "jigging" of the Fister unit, a quality control issue., I used a Porsche Oem rod whent on as butter.
My OEM rod didn't. Needed to dremel the welds a little bit to get it to fit correctly just like the Fister rods. Not a huge deal, took about 30 seconds.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:55 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 187 Posts

Think the problem lies on the "jigging" of the Fister unit, a quality control issue.
FDM has been a longtime support of 993 owners. In fairness to FDM, not sure it should be categorized as a "quality issue", but more of a variance / consistency issue that had no ramifications in function / performance - until this more recent mod was introduced. Now having the new "specification" in mind, I fully expect Darin to add that to their production check list / modify their production or add a qualifier to the product description. Also, glad to read that some have successfully gotten OEM to work with minor grinding, not a big DIY leap.
The following 3 users liked this post by Kein_Ersatz:
anguilla1980 (01-03-2022), gavonder (01-13-2022), rk-d (01-03-2022)
Old 01-03-2022, 11:43 AM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Wonderdan
Davis,

I just bought a 997.2 RS and it as this Numeric shifter installed. The seller didn’t disclose issue… but it’s super sloppy doesn’t shift into 1st etc. I havn’t opened it up yet to see what the issues are but what kind of second hand warranty does this have for the shifter and cables?

Thx!
Unfortunately our warranty only stands for original owners. We can definitely help diagnose the problem though. If it is an older revision, it may have some older parts on it that failed, which we can rebuild for you. Give us a call and we can help you out
Old 01-03-2022, 11:51 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,515 Likes on 2,830 Posts

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz
FDM has been a longtime support of 993 owners. In fairness to FDM, not sure it should be categorized as a "quality issue", but more of a variance / consistency issue that had no ramifications in function / performance - until this more recent mod was introduced. Now having the new "specification" in mind, I fully expect Darin to add that to their production check list / modify their production or add a qualifier to the product description. Also, glad to read that some have successfully gotten OEM to work with minor grinding, not a big DIY leap.
Agree completely. Calling compatibility issues of FDM’s product with another third party product a “quality control issue” is hugely unfair to FDM.
The following users liked this post:
gavonder (01-13-2022)
Old 01-03-2022, 01:46 PM
fsa
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 98 Posts

Ditto above and Kein_Ersatz: Darin, Mark, and others at FDM, their products, service, unflinching dedication to many customers on this forum and others, is long-standing and stellar. Jeff Gamroth and Rothsport, as examples, partner with FDM and install their units- mufflers, ssk's, GR's.
Shifting perfection has become another quest for The Holy Grail.

The following users liked this post:
gavonder (01-13-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 12:58 PM
Sole_
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

I can’t seem to find the link on your website.
Old 01-13-2022, 01:07 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sole_
I can’t seem to find the link on your website.
https://store.numericracing.com/coll...3-transmission
Old 01-13-2022, 04:33 PM
Sole_
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

thank you very much
Old 04-05-2022, 04:28 PM
kaaayelll
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by kaaayelll
Fair enough, @boomboomthump. @Numeric Racing, I’m most interested in knowing the proper length (and how to measure), as I’d rather use the standard GR. It seems my weld bead is good because the GR fits perfectly into the “crotch” on the shifter with hand fitting.

I’m excited about the shifter, fwiw!
@Numeric Racing, you have an email from me. I installed over the past week. I thought things were good at first, but, indeed, I’m having issues with 1, 3, 5, and R. I’ll need your fix done to the GR I bought from you. Looking forward to hearing from you and getting it working well.

Additional question: does your GR fix, making it adjustable, open the possibility of using the shorter throw setting with the Swine Eleven shift boot delete?
Old 04-06-2022, 11:06 AM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by kaaayelll
@Numeric Racing, you have an email from me. I installed over the past week. I thought things were good at first, but, indeed, I’m having issues with 1, 3, 5, and R. I’ll need your fix done to the GR I bought from you. Looking forward to hearing from you and getting it working well.

Additional question: does your GR fix, making it adjustable, open the possibility of using the shorter throw setting with the Swine Eleven shift boot delete?
We can definitely get it worked out for you! Resend the email for me if you can, I am not seeing it in my inbox.

And no it does not, to my understanding.

Quick Reply: Numeric Racing Short Shifter