Sponsored by:

I Think I've Decided....Arena Red Pic Request

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 11:20 AM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Richard, That's a cool effect!

PeterS, Your car looks like a vaccum cleaner just sucking to the ground. Awesome! Looks good on the track. How's the ride on the street?
Old 03-30-2004, 12:03 PM
Zed.
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 146 Posts

Boy, I love looking at your sibling arena red cars guys!
Did you know-
Arena= 'sand' in Spanish
Sand red= metallic gold flake
Old 03-30-2004, 12:24 PM
98993c2s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-30-2004, 01:31 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by 98993c2s
Hey! You have my car!!

Just kidding of course.

G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!
Old 03-30-2004, 02:59 PM
boostid
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Photo should work now. Didn't do anything different.
Attached Images  
Old 03-30-2004, 03:12 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Does this look like a widebody? I'm assuming it's not, since they didn't specify. I already emailed the dealer, but what do you guys think?

Link to Autotrader classifieds

Last edited by Arrwin; 03-31-2004 at 01:07 AM.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:17 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

The description (with 16" wheels) doesn't look like it matches the picture (those look like turbo-twists to me). For sure, contact the seller and get some better info and more pictures. You may be able to get an Illinois Rennlister to stop by and eyeball it for you.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by ca993twin
The description (with 16" wheels) doesn't look like it matches the picture (those look like turbo-twists to me). For sure, contact the seller and get some better info and more pictures. You may be able to get an Illinois Rennlister to stop by and eyeball it for you.
Thanks ca993twin. I noticed that the description didn't match either, especially the 18's as opposed to the 16's. Since it doesn't look like they are an exclusive P-car dealer, they probably cut & paste a generic description. I'll wait for them to get back to me with more info.

Thanks again!
Old 03-30-2004, 03:28 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

Steve is correct (as usual). Photo is of a widebody (note the rear fender flares and TT bumper) and has 18" TT wheels. So the photo does not match at least some of the description (16" wheels). Price does not seem grossly out of line. Find out what it is, exactly, and, as Steve suggest, have a forum member do a fly-by,
Old 03-30-2004, 03:29 PM
Jon 'Bama
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

definately not 16's, these are 16's and the price on the autotrader one is high, way high IMO

the one in Oregon that someone posted from EBay has been for sale for a Long Long time. I first saw it when I started looking in september of 03 so it has been out there for at least 6-7 months. I had a rennlister go look at it for me and sufice it to say that it did not do too well. I do not recall the specifics
Attached Images  
Old 03-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Of course, you guys are right on the dot about not being a narrowbody. I hadn't noticed the turbo-like front.

I just got off the phone with them and he didn't appear too knowledgable about the car (ie. model, etc.), which I wasn't too surprised with them being a Volvo dealership. He did however confirm with someone that it was a C4S. If that's true, it's priced very good for a C4S, but of course this simply is all exterior from a subpar photo. They are working on more pics and the carfax.

Will keep everyone posted. Would anyone in the Chicago area be able to give it a looksy if everything looks good on hardcopy?
Old 03-30-2004, 04:07 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

Arrwin,

If end up being SERIOUSLY interested in thie particular car, you should post a new thread asking for a Rennlister in CHI to look at the car for you. Unlikely you'd get much of a response from a post this deep in a thread.

Make sure you do all your due diligence on the car before you send someone on a mission. Again, if your research shows this may be "the car" and want opinions on options, price, paper trail, etc., post a new topic with this car as the Q&A topic. You'll get a lot of responses.

Richard Laurie is a Rennlister in CHI. His homepage is posted here on the forum and you can visit it and contact him. He is undoubtedly the most detailed 993 owner on the planet, as you can see from the pics of his beautiful car. If this Arena Red WB has the potential to be the your car, having Richard eyeball it would be the next best thing to Dr. Porsche.

http://home.comcast.net/~vwaudi/wsb/...ome.html-.html
Old 03-30-2004, 04:13 PM
Jon 'Bama
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally posted by Arrwin
Of course, you guys are right on the dot about not being a narrowbody. I hadn't noticed the turbo-like front.

I just got off the phone with them and he didn't appear too knowledgable about the car (ie. model, etc.), which I wasn't too surprised with them being a Volvo dealership. He did however confirm with someone that it was a C4S. If that's true, it's priced very good for a C4S, but of course this simply is all exterior from a subpar photo. They are working on more pics and the carfax.

Will keep everyone posted. Would anyone in the Chicago area be able to give it a looksy if everything looks good on hardcopy?

I did not realise it was a widebody, the price seems more in line now.

Get the dealer to give you the option codes on the options sticker under the hood. Then go to one of the options decoders and figure out what is on the car. A volvo dealer will not have a clue about Porsche options

Jon
Old 03-30-2004, 04:16 PM
User 4621
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 326 Posts

Richard, awesome blur effect!

Scott,

I think the ride is fine. I have had the opportunity to drive or ride in a number of 993's with various suspensions, and to be honest I would not trade with anyone. Because my car is a daily driver, I need street usability. Most BAR guys know the types of roads I like, which tend to be very tight, bumpy and unpredictable. My setup is supple enough to keep the tires planted on those roads. At the same time I can turn a 1:52 at LS on street tires on a good day, which is only about 2-3 seconds off the fast guys in similarly near-stock 993's. The only thing I'd change is making them easier to adjust.

My setup: PSS-9, 2f/1r track, 7f/6r street. Turbo rear antiroll bar, ERP rear lower rear monoballs, Cup replica front strut brace, tire pressure 36f/38r (cold street,hot track), RS height front, RS+1/4" rear, corner balanced, "ROW Sport/lowered" alignment.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:54 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by mike cap
Arrwin,

If end up being SERIOUSLY interested in thie particular car, you should post a new thread asking for a Rennlister in CHI to look at the car for you. Unlikely you'd get much of a response from a post this deep in a thread.

Make sure you do all your due diligence on the car before you send someone on a mission. Again, if your research shows this may be "the car" and want opinions on options, price, paper trail, etc., post a new topic with this car as the Q&A topic. You'll get a lot of responses.

Richard Laurie is a Rennlister in CHI. His homepage is posted here on the forum and you can visit it and contact him. He is undoubtedly the most detailed 993 owner on the planet, as you can see from the pics of his beautiful car. If this Arena Red WB has the potential to be the your car, having Richard eyeball it would be the next best thing to Dr. Porsche.

http://home.comcast.net/~vwaudi/wsb/...ome.html-.html
Mike,

Thanks for all the prepurchase advice, which believe me...is much needed. As this will potentially be the most expensive car I will buy to date, and given that I may have to buy it out of state, be sure that I will be extra-extra careful on this purchase. I will undoubtedly do all research and be sure that this is truly a potential candidate for me before I ask anyone to take a look. The last thing I want would be to waste someone's time on my behalf on something that I am truly not interested in.

To reiterate once again....you guys are fabulous and everyone on this board will have a part in my eventual purchase.

Thank you.

Quick Reply: I Think I've Decided....Arena Red Pic Request