Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yep, cat bypasses are too loud, what's better?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004 | 03:16 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Sometimes pictures speak louder than words.
Old 03-27-2004 | 03:25 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Good idea Mike. Presenting my new avatar....
Old 03-27-2004 | 04:24 PM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default toot sweet??

I think the doctor meant tout de suite, unless maybe toot sweet means something to those superior types.
Old 03-27-2004 | 04:30 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

For those that don't know what "tout de suite" means. I looked it up!
Meaning
At once.
Origin
French - literal translation
I may have to change my team title to " official word/phrase looker upper"
Old 03-27-2004 | 06:22 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

I thought ad hominem was what my doctor told me to avoid while on my Atkins diet.
Old 03-27-2004 | 07:11 PM
mlincoln
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi,

Yes, absolutely "toot sweet" is the post WWII GI-Anglization of "tout de suite", just as "dame" is a GI Anglization of "damen". The phase does mean "immediately".

Best, Mike

Sadly, I note that Randy is still limiting his responses to feeble attempts at scatalogical humor...apparently lacking the wit to generate any sharper repartee. A somewhat startling disparity does seem to exist between his chronological and mental ages.

--Mike

ps--I am also glad "Red" lives in another neighborhood...I think I wouldn't like his car.
Old 03-27-2004 | 08:44 PM
mlincoln
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Lincoln too boring?

Dear Red,

When you want to come to Salt Lake City, we can go to the airport and fly some inverted aerobatics until my boring lifestyle and skill set becomes a bit too much for your stomach. I'd be surprised if you last more than five minutes before begging for for a bit more boredom. To get the picture, try to imagine maneuvering your Porsche in three dimensions, and pulling much more than 1 gravity in your three dimensional turns. Oh, and I can arrange we do it in the (German built) glider too, if you'd prefer to try without an engine. Using an engine is so boring some times...especially on a 500 km cross country triangle through Southern Utah. Sort of like simply pressing the right foot and listening to that "fart can" in back...no particular challenge.

Mike
(FAA certified Commercial Pilot, SEL-G)
Old 03-27-2004 | 08:47 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Re: Lincoln too boring?

Originally posted by mlincoln

blah blah blah
Are you related to John Kerry by chance?
Old 03-27-2004 | 08:58 PM
mlincoln
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dear Mr. Boyd,

No, but I am related to that revered Republican President Abraham Lincoln...back when being a Republican President meant being an honest and principled public servant. ; )

--Mike
Old 03-27-2004 | 10:54 PM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

ad hominem, ad hominem, ad hominem, ad hominem...... ah..... kind of nice just typing that over and over again!!! We should start a word of the day club organized by the doctor evil.
Mike Sh$%tbird Lincoln I should respond to your comment about my misspelled word earlier. (A) I don't think cursing is appropriate on this forum as everyone gets the idea of what it means; (b) you're a sh$%tbird - wanna make something of it (I havn't said that to anyone since junior high).
One last point: you seem to take a strange geeky pleasure in putting down "jocks". I infer from your implication that you are somehow more successful, smarter, happier, etc. than those individuals that had well rounded childhoods that included athletics (and providing you with an inordinate amount of ***-whuppins).
I can't believe you can be related to President Lincoln (probably just more of you delusions of grandeur, you ad hominem Sh$t bird) but if your truly are, my opinion of good old Abe just went down significantly.
Old 03-27-2004 | 11:09 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Best, Randy M
Old 03-27-2004 | 11:21 PM
Benton
Drifting

Mike,
WHOA touch you... Aren't you special? Like I give a faw@ that you fly planes? I wonder if the decibel level on that plane pollutes the sky with sound? I bet it's louder inside that AWESOME MACHINE than it is in my car, and I bet people are annoyed when you fly over. Of course, they probably laugh when you fly over in a glider, as I would. Take me for a ride oh so special Mike, please?

You remind me of the nerdy kids in highschool that would just come up and talk about how nerdy they are. Who cares? Only they did, and they were the only ones that didn't realize how annoying they were. They would never go away.

Take a hint pilot captain doctor nerd man, go away.
Old 03-27-2004 | 11:26 PM
Benton
Drifting

Also, where did you get fart can? I don't have cans on my car--get it straight.

(pun intended)

Last edited by Benton; 03-28-2004 at 12:42 AM.
Old 03-28-2004 | 01:28 AM
mlincoln
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default As Henry V said, "Cry havoc and let fly the dogs of (verbal) war"

Dear Randy,

You seem to have an inordinate fondness for pictures of men's derrierres...and you came up with one so quick that I think you must possess a more significant collection of such images than you've let on. Is there any significance in this apparent prediliction of yours that we should all know about?

Red,

"I wonder if the decibel level on that plane pollutes the sky with sound?"...try running your replies past your GED night school teacher first, OK? They're painful to read. Also remember, gliders don't have engines (doh).

Alkolodesh,

Yes, you're so cute when you're inarticulate and mad...and reduced to repeated expletives...just like back in junior high.... Wanna hit me, lummox?*

Again, best to you three chumps,

--Mike

*Phil's done sterling terminology duty today and I don't want to put him out again just on your account, Alkolodesh...a "lummox" is a clumsy or stupid person.
Old 03-28-2004 | 01:33 AM
mlincoln
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default athletic ability

Oh and one thing, Alkodesh...I served on the Alta Ski Patrol for six years...so don't make unwarranted assumptions about a lack of athletic ability on my part, or we'll have to have a session of cliff jumping and chute skiing together.

--Mike

Quick Reply: Yep, cat bypasses are too loud, what's better?