Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recent addition = interesting contrast

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2020, 02:15 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 293 Posts

The sound this 3.8 makes is wonderful... It is still somewhat understated, though the cat bypass / cup pipe combination provide a nice growl that changes character through the rev range. Induction noise is definitely enhanced with the ITB's and GT3 intake. Here's a very short clip going through the gears well below redline to give you an idea - the audio is not the best as I just used the go-pro built in mic.

Last edited by Nurburger; 11-30-2020 at 02:24 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nurburger:
lcrain (11-30-2020), SpeedyC2 (12-01-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 03:14 PM
LionelB
Burning Brakes

Received 371 Likes on 210 Posts

Very cool 964, I like it !
Old 12-01-2020, 01:36 AM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

What a great find, congrats!
Old 12-01-2020, 08:12 AM
JZ98-993
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Nurburger
The sound this 3.8 makes is wonderful... It is still somewhat understated, though the cat bypass / cup pipe combination provide a nice growl that changes character through the rev range. Induction noise is definitely enhanced with the ITB's and GT3 intake. Here's a very short clip going through the gears well below redline to give you an idea - the audio is not the best as I just used the go-pro built in mic.

https://youtu.be/bgETiF8x6Q4
sounds great, any videos from in the cabin ? Still drooling over this car, had to be a friend of a friend situation as I don’t recall seeing this ever on the market?
Old 12-01-2020, 04:22 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JZ98-993
sounds great, any videos from in the cabin ? Still drooling over this car, had to be a friend of a friend situation as I don’t recall seeing this ever on the market?
No interior videos until spring, unfortunately the car is tucked up in bed. Yes - purchased from a friend with incredible taste in Porsches that I've known for many years.
Old 12-01-2020, 05:04 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 365 Likes on 217 Posts

Wow...... you have great taste in cars. You need to live somewhere that you can drive these cars year round. Come to Los Angeles where you can drive year around..... great twisties, tracks, enthusiast, clubs and on and on. Oh sure, high taxes, high crime (& going higher), gangs, congested freeways and on and on. But still!
Old 12-02-2020, 10:22 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
Wow...... you have great taste in cars. You need to live somewhere that you can drive these cars year round. Come to Los Angeles where you can drive year around..... great twisties, tracks, enthusiast, clubs and on and on. Oh sure, high taxes, high crime (& going higher), gangs, congested freeways and on and on. But still!
Thank you Chuck.

I tend to look at it this way; having to put your toys away for 3-4 months a year just makes you enjoy and appreciate them more when they come out from hibernation... It also provides a good stretch of time for maintenance & projects.

California is a very special place for me - fortunately (at least prior to covid) my business takes me there very frequently so I'm able to enjoy all of its riches without having to suffer the negatives. There is also no way that I could replicate what I have here in MI on the left coast...
The following users liked this post:
71-3.0-911 (12-03-2020)
Old 12-02-2020, 04:07 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Beautiful car Nick!!! I saw a mint green 964rs in Shenzhen China a few sears ago. It looked amazing!!! Congratulations!!! I need to do a run up there sometime this summer and see it and have a few beers!!! Take care!!
Old 12-03-2020, 02:15 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarreraX
Beautiful car Nick!!! I saw a mint green 964rs in Shenzhen China a few sears ago. It looked amazing!!! Congratulations!!! I need to do a run up there sometime this summer and see it and have a few beers!!! Take care!!
Been a while Mark! Thanks for the compliment. Drive the C4S up next summer - we can finally install those carbon Sparco's I've been saving for you all these years
Old 12-03-2020, 11:23 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 19 Posts

That is the perfect 964. Looks great alongside your 993TT as well.
Old 12-09-2020, 04:46 PM
Jupiterfish
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

nice. that would be a rare sight here in Michigan.
Old 12-09-2020, 05:46 PM
luv2race
Rennlist Member

Received 455 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
super funny, I love Southern California and due to COVID this is the first time in 15 years where I only made one trip to your fine state. Usually there 4-6 times a year on biz.

Anyway, Nurburger.......How the heck did i not see this thread before today? Ive noticed the mint in your signature but didn’t realize how new she was to you and that engine build is crazy awesome. Since my engine is done I’m considering the LWFW and regear this winter. Peter Dawe regeared my former 964 track car and the imrprovement was noticeable and enjoyable.

Anyway congrats on this amazing find!
Old 12-11-2020, 10:35 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jupiterfish
nice. that would be a rare sight here in Michigan.
It's a rare sight anywhere..!

Originally Posted by luv2race
super funny, I love Southern California and due to COVID this is the first time in 15 years where I only made one trip to your fine state. Usually there 4-6 times a year on biz.

Anyway, Nurburger.......How the heck did i not see this thread before today? Ive noticed the mint in your signature but didn’t realize how new she was to you and that engine build is crazy awesome. Since my engine is done I’m considering the LWFW and regear this winter. Peter Dawe regeared my former 964 track car and the imrprovement was noticeable and enjoyable.

Anyway congrats on this amazing find!
Thank you, though it wasn't really a find as I've known the car for many years and the PO even longer. Ironically the car started its life in the US at a dealership just 25 miles from me...
Old 12-11-2020, 05:56 PM
luv2race
Rennlist Member

Received 455 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Nurburger
It's a rare sight anywhere..!

Thank you, though it wasn't really a find as I've known the car for many years and the PO even longer. Ironically the car started its life in the US at a dealership just 25 miles from me...
Ok, then we will say it’s a great acquisition.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:07 PM
stpatsday
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Congrats Nick. Nice to add a little more colour to your garage. Enjoy in good health.

Quick Reply: Recent addition = interesting contrast