Gert Front Prot. Bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 02:13 PM
Agro1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gert Front Prot. Bar

http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p93089.htm

Why do they say, "The Front Protection Bar is 125 Euro extra when ordered with this suspension package."

What the hell does the bar have to do with the suspension ?? Obviously they KNOW people lowering the car will want/need the protection bar. But to actually charge more for it when ordered with the suspension pkg is completely unethical business practices.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:20 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agro,
maybe you should check the site again.
"FPB is 165 euro"
My math says 125 euro is less than 165 euro???
also.......Mr Gert Carnewal is one of the most respected vendors this site has. So maybe you need to use the "search feature" before SPOUTING off about unethical biz practices!.....
Old 02-26-2004, 02:20 PM
ApexL8
Burning Brakes

It looks like to me that the FPB is 165 Euro when purchased separately, so he is giving you a 40 Euro break if you purchase it along with a suspension. This seems ethical to me, is my math wrong?
Old 02-26-2004, 02:22 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

It may be because the regular price of the FPB is $165 euros and Gert is actually "discounting" it if you buy the suspension package. If you lower your car and even if you don't, the FPB is a necessity.

I have purchased from Gert several times and unethical is not a word I would associate with him in the slightest.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:24 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 240 Posts

Agro,

Gert offers the discount as an added value to those buying the suspension upgrades. I was pleased to take advantage of this a few months ago. Are you ok or is the sun to strong for you out there?? Gert has been an outstanding supplier to me and many others. Suggest you think first and post second in the future.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:27 PM
Don Magee
Addict
Rennlist Member

When you dine out, is the restaurant engaged in unethical business practices when it charges you more for a drink with your meal? Obviously, they KNOW you are going to want /need a drink. You cannot be serious.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:29 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Agreed...

Gert is top notch...I ordered my RoW M030/Bilstein HD's from him and the business experience was nothing less than outstanding.

I only wish other business associates conducted themselves on the same level as Gert does.

Other than the downward slide of the US Dollar to the Euro Exchange...his prices are more than fair. In fact, I think he has discounted his prices in lieu of this to help support members and their purchases.

Agro1....due diligence is paramount here...as I think you are finding out.

Did you buy your C4S yet ????
Old 02-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Agro - you dont know what you are talking about.

Old 02-26-2004, 02:44 PM
Dirt Track Racer
User

Hey, since it hasn't been mentioned yet, the damn FPB costs $165 Euros by itself and $125 with the suspension.

Ummm, duh.

And do you really never lift? Just run it matted until you run out of fuel hoping that you happen to be in front of your house when you do?

DTR
Old 02-26-2004, 02:51 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I placed an order for some pedals and turn signals with Gert this past Tuesday. The turn signals had to clear customs. I just checked the FedEx website and they have already been delivered to our mailroom. Less than 2 freakin' days from Belgium to SoCal! And, the communication throughout was outstanding!

Thanks again Gert.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Agro1
Banned

EAAAAASY boys - My bad, just realized Gert is in fact discounting the bar with lowered suspension products. Geeez, touchy crowd around here. My apologies, didn't mean to offend anyone. I only asked in such a way because I have heard nothing but great things about Gert. Thanks for the clairification.

Phil - BITE ME. There are much more helpful ways of pointing out my mistake. However, I expect nothing less from someone who uses some half a$$ wannabe Hollywood mobster for his avatar.

Surj - Ad Hominem comment, moron. Same BITE ME goes for you, too.

Keith - I'm having the PPI done next Wed. If all goes well I will buy it the same day. Thanks for asking man, I'm getting really excited to say the least.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:57 PM
Dirt Track Racer
User

Wait, no 993 yet? Then whats in the Avatar? I guess its not much different from Phil's after all.

Hmmmmm.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:01 PM
Agro1
Banned

Dirt - that's the car I plan on buying next week, and me behind the wheel at WSIR. Nice try though...
Old 02-26-2004, 03:06 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Phil - BITE ME. There are much more helpful ways of pointing out my mistake. However, I expect nothing less from someone who uses some half a$$ wannabe Hollywood mobster for his avatar
There are also better ways of asking a question about a vendor, rather than accusing them of Unethical biz practices.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Dirt Track Racer
User

Nice try with what Agro? You have a picture of a car you don't own as your avatar. Speaks volumes.

Don't foget to get a good PPI. Man, it is so hard to find a good place to find a PPI these days. Most places just want your money to kick the tires.

DTR

PS - you never answered my never lift question from above. Do you really never lift?

Quick Reply: Gert Front Prot. Bar