993 Forum 1995-1998

Help Needed: Spoiler Relay

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 01:10 AM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Help Needed: Spoiler Relay

hi, can someone post a "picture" of the relay that stops the wing from articulating and kills the dash light? i know it's supposed to be in the passenger footwell, behind the glove box, but i've been up under there 4x and can't find it; and only an idiot disconnects something when they don't know exactly what they are disconnecting definitely not trying to be THAT guy...TIA
Old 01-02-2019, 01:35 AM
BobbyT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Sit in the right seat and put your feet on the floor just as you would sit if riding as a passenger, and your left big toe will be pointing at the rear spoiler module. Remove the single screw from the mounting bracket, and you can drop the unit down so you can see it better and do what you want with the connection. If you take the "cap" off the connection, be aware that the wires are then free to jump out of their places.

When you put it back, make sure the little locator pin on the module housing finds its hole in the bracket before you attempt to reinstall the screw.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:55 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 210 Posts

Post 3 in this thread should help....

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ol-module.html
Old 01-02-2019, 02:35 AM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BobbyT
Sit in the right seat and put your feet on the floor just as you would sit if riding as a passenger, and your left big toe will be pointing at the rear spoiler module. Remove the single screw from the mounting bracket, and you can drop the unit down so you can see it better and do what you want with the connection. If you take the "cap" off the connection, be aware that the wires are then free to jump out of their places.

When you put it back, make sure the little locator pin on the module housing finds its hole in the bracket before you attempt to reinstall the screw.
Originally Posted by Chuck W.
Post 3 in this thread should help....

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ol-module.html
thanks guys...i think i've found it...assuming you just disconnect it and zip tie it out of the way...
Old 01-02-2019, 10:29 AM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYT993
..assuming you just disconnect it and zip tie it out of the way...
Depends on what you want. If you completely disconnect it, you kill all spoiler functionality. It is, however, possible to disconnect certain wires inside the module and eliminate the automatic function while retaining the ability to raise the spoiler manually (Which can be a good thing to have in certain situations).
Old 01-02-2019, 12:11 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by TMc993
It is, however, possible to disconnect certain wires inside the module and eliminate the automatic function while retaining the ability to raise the spoiler manually (Which can be a good thing to have in certain situations).
I did this mod and it has worked out great. Link....

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...oiler-mod.html

Old 01-02-2019, 11:43 PM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TMc993
Depends on what you want. If you completely disconnect it, you kill all spoiler functionality. It is, however, possible to disconnect certain wires inside the module and eliminate the automatic function while retaining the ability to raise the spoiler manually (Which can be a good thing to have in certain situations).
i just put a ducktail on the car so i own't need it until i decide to put the oem lid back on.

Quick Reply: Help Needed: Spoiler Relay