Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag warning light stays on

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 04:21 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

I have no idea if the clock spring part number reveals anything about the airbag control unit version. My Downloads page contains the latest Scantool version that was made back then.
Porsche replaced the KTS-301 hammer and released the PST-2 diagnostic system in 1997 to cover the new car models such as the Cayenne, Boxster and 996. I guess they needed to use 996 air bag control units in the later 993 models to comply with goverment regulations.
There are other Porsche-compatible systems such as Durametric and the Jennisken PDT/UDT-999. I do not know the details of these, some is mentioned in earlier posts in this thread.
Cheers,
Tore
Old 03-14-2018, 11:31 AM
samurai_k
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by ToreB
I have no idea if the clock spring part number reveals anything about the airbag control unit version. My Downloads page contains the latest Scantool version that was made back then.
Porsche replaced the KTS-301 hammer and released the PST-2 diagnostic system in 1997 to cover the new car models such as the Cayenne, Boxster and 996. I guess they needed to use 996 air bag control units in the later 993 models to comply with goverment regulations.
There are other Porsche-compatible systems such as Durametric and the Jennisken PDT/UDT-999. I do not know the details of these, some is mentioned in earlier posts in this thread.
Cheers,
Tore
Thanks Tore.

Sorry to be more precise in my situation I have a 996 clock spring (which appears to have superceeded the 993 one from other RL posts on this topic) and both a 996 and 993 steering wheels/airbags to try out. I DL'd your tool. Have VMware fusion 8 running Windows 7 on my mac and a Bluetooth odb2 dongle. Let's see how this goes...

Quick Reply: Airbag warning light stays on