Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone used porsche-classified.com before?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 03:56 PM
Kitch
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Has anyone used porsche-classified.com before?

There are a number of cars there I am interested in but I don't seem to be able to actually get in touch with them. I tried submitting on their web form but havent heard anything in two weeks. I have also tried calling their 800 number and it never connects me to anything.

Has anyone successfully contacted anyone on a car through http://www.porsche-classified.com ? Or am I wasting my time?

Thanks!
Jake
Old 12-22-2003, 04:21 PM
J. Brinkley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did their web thing also about a year and a half ago. It took a few days for someone to call back, I think his name was Kim, can't remember. The car I wanted to look at was not available though, whatever that means.
He was a nice guy that lined up a few cars for me to see, but he was in OR. I'm in LA, and I was looking at cars in FL. Too much of a hassle and wasn't really into someone "lining" up cars for me to look at.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:00 PM
Moto
Intermediate

Hey Kitch - what happened to that one in Charlotte?

I have been using porsche-classifeds a little. It seems alot of the listings are already sold / out of date when they call back. I also like to deal direct with the owner - not middlemen. Seems like a nice service though and they have some cars listed that I have not seen listed anywhere else - autotrader, cars.com, etc.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:15 PM
Kitch
Advanced

Doug,

I tried calling the numbers for that charlotte car MANY times and never got any response. The ad isnt in the paper anymore so I assume its sold. PC has a number of black on gray cars listed, hopefully something there will turn something up.

Saw in your sig 1996 C4s coming soon. Did you find a car? I talked to FCI in winston today. They have a black C4S on the lot right now. Just so ya know.

Jake
Old 12-22-2003, 05:27 PM
Jeff
Addict
Rennlist Member

In my very recent experience, the best sites are ours, autotrader and cars.com. Panorama and Excellence have some good cars as well but they're usually higher priced and this time of the year the selection is low. I had no luck with Par, Luxery and Porsche-classified.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:33 PM
Kitch
Advanced

Jeff,

Yeah, I have been looking here as well as autotrader and cars, but havent been able to find any black on gray cars there.... PC just has the right cars at the moment.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:01 PM
Moto
Intermediate

Default Kitch - got another potential for you.....

Thanks Kitch! I'll call them today.

The "coming soon" is me being hopefully optimistic!

Here is another that is in driving distance in your colors:

1998 993 C2S Black - Grey int. 33,500 miles - Original Owner, titanium guages, garage kept - looks nice. $53,750 404-290-5506

I think its in GA - maybe Atlanta.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:59 PM
Jeff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Kitch -- here's one you may be interested in -- 95' C4 Black/gray, 37K miles and he wants $39,500. I think that's too high but I never talked price with him. From the emails we traded he seems very knowledgeable and appears to have taken good care of the car. His email is gregkono@aol.com. I don't know him from Adam.
Old 12-22-2003, 07:02 PM
Kitch
Advanced

I realize that the AWD system in the 993 and my old S4 are miles apart, but I'd still like a rwd car. I really appreciate the tip though! Thanks!
Old 12-22-2003, 08:35 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 285 Posts

Hi Kitch--404 is indeed in the Atlanta area. I'd be happy to check out a car and send you some pics if you set it up. Returning the favor a Rennlister afforded me 2+ years ago.

Good luck! It's worth the wait.
Old 12-22-2003, 08:52 PM
solsrch
Pro

If you know what you're looking for and are willing to work through a third party, you might want to contact Kathy Elliot (http://www.virtualautosales.com, quotes@virtualautosales.net, 832-457-1208) or Dave Maynard (dmaynard@europeanlocators.com,
www.europeanlocators.com, 508-826-8614). Both are brokers, Kathy works more nationwide, whereas Dave pretty much concentrates on the large auction near Hershey (can't quite remember the name, although it is very well known). Kathy was able to find exactly what I wanted and even got a line on the dealer that had serviced the car since purchase, so I had a basic breakdown on the history from an objective source. The owner wanted too much given the market (it wound up a no sale) and the owner of another great car finally came down in price elsewhere so I didn't buy through either of them. Still, based on my interaction I would feel VERY comfortable buying through either source.
Best of luck.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:04 AM
Kitch
Advanced

Kim, thanks for the tip, I would love to be able to get a rennlisters car. I am however looking exclusively for a black car.

Joe, I definately know the exact car I would like. I may contact those parties to see if they can lend a hand in finding the car.

The board has been VERY helpful in my search (and research), I need to pick up a membership as soon as I find a car. Don't want to do it yet though, don't want to jinx it.

Jake
Old 05-02-2006, 04:52 PM
shattergard
Racer

Has anyone figured out if Porsche- classifieds is for real or a scam of some sort?
Old 05-02-2006, 04:56 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think porsche classified just pulls ads from other sites and lists them there. I have talked to a couple of people on cars and mentioned that i saw their car on PC and they never heard of it. Sounds like a broker who is trying to make a little something on the transaction and they never seem to pul cars that I know are sold off the list.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:29 PM
AGC
Racer

I bought my 993TT from porsche classified (Kim @ luxury car network), they do not own any of the cars listed on their website, they are basically a consignment broker. My case was a little different, I had a Testarossa that I wanted to sell (or trade-in) and Kim was able to get me a buyer for my car and get athe 993TT I wanted (993TT was listed on his site). Long story short, he was able to get me into a better car for less money than any other brokers or dealer out there. I was a little nervous about the 993TT because it was from CA (I am in NYC/NJ) and I was not able to contact the seller, however after a PPI and a conversation with the shop manager and tech, I felt comfortable enough and bought the car sight unseen. At the end I was very happy with my car and the whole transaction went pretty smooth. The only thing I notice is that after a year the ad for my car was still on his website

Quick Reply: Has anyone used porsche-classified.com before?