Notices
992 This Forum for the turbocharged non Turbo 911

2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE

Old 09-17-2018, 05:21 PM
Argon_
User

Originally Posted by Rennolazine View Post
If that is your girlfriend you are my hero
Not my photo. Just posted for our entertainment.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:58 PM
Wing Commander
User

Not your photo. But you didn’t say not your girlfriend.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:16 PM
Gh0st0
User

Originally Posted by ipse dixit View Post
anyone else hear the exhaust fart? Iíve heard it most notably on the new audis

skip to about 50 seconds

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vpnyxR...ature=youtu.be
Old 09-17-2018, 10:42 PM
xstnte
User

I bet she has a good personality.

Originally Posted by Argon_ View Post
Nah, 200,000 years of refinement beats any design.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:27 AM
K-A
Super User

MAN those 992's sound bad. Basic and muffled. No better than the 991.2 at all to my ears.

Then the RS goes by and your senses tingle in that way only an audible atmospheric flat 6 can accomplish. I'll take that sound over any performance enhancement.

I also HATE that front bumper on the orange one. First the terrible 718 front bumper and then Porsche double down on that squared off and bland design language? Other than that I don't have any big issues with the exterior. The sides and rear I can easily get myself good with, it's just that front....
Old 09-18-2018, 10:23 AM
Needsdecaf
Addict
Rennlist Member

Misha Charoudin at Apex Nurburgring posted this on his IG. 992 Nighttime signature:

Name:  photo790.jpg
Views: 1890
Size:  645.3 KB
Old 09-18-2018, 06:59 PM
Ccpecot
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 09-18-2018, 09:06 PM
Rennolazine
Addict
Rennlist Member

I was thinking (for once..lol).. I hope these dont all sound worse than the .2 moving forward due to the particulate filters. I wonder how this will affect aftermarket exhaust/header installs. If an exhaust will need a hack like the .2 ecu, this is going to be a huge problem. I really enjoy the increase in sound from some aftermarket products, especially in the turbo cars.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:58 PM
Argon_
User

I was thinking (for once..lol).. I hope these dont all sound worse than the .2 moving forward due to the particulate filters. I wonder how this will affect aftermarket exhaust/header installs. If an exhaust will need a hack like the .2 ecu, this is going to be a huge problem. I really enjoy the increase in sound from some aftermarket products, especially in the turbo cars.
You could always decat with O2 spacers, instead of a hack. Hopefully the same thing will be possible for the particulate filters, which aren't even a requirement in the US.

If you want epic turbo sound, the best exhaust is as little as possible.

Old 09-19-2018, 12:13 AM
K-A
Super User

Originally Posted by Argon_ View Post
You could always decat with O2 spacers, instead of a hack. Hopefully the same thing will be possible for the particulate filters, which aren't even a requirement in the US.

If you want epic turbo sound, the best exhaust is as little as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upQqaUxvQVU
Still sounds weak to me. Just canít overcome the inherent sound dynamics that arise from a turbo and all its plumbing. Even uncorked 911 Turbo S missles with 3.8ís sound bad and without character to me.

Taking cats off to make a car sound moderately palatable in my opinion is whack for many reasons, one being that your brand new 911 will smell like a 1970ís pickup truck (nothing says refinement like inhaling excess carbon) and the other being helping destroy the planet for a few HP and a sound that still gets stomped on by a 1999 Carrera C2.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:53 AM
stealthpilot
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by K-A
Still sounds weak to me. Just canít overcome the inherent sound dynamics that arise from a turbo and all its plumbing. Even uncorked 911 Turbo S missles with 3.8ís sound bad and without character to me.

Taking cats off to make a car sound moderately palatable in my opinion is whack for many reasons, one being that your brand new 911 will smell like a 1970ís pickup truck (nothing says refinement like inhaling excess carbon) and the other being helping destroy the planet for a few HP and a sound that still gets stomped on by a 1999 Carrera C2.
Well put
Old 09-19-2018, 07:24 AM
Rennolazine
Addict
Rennlist Member

From what ive read the particulate filters will be active to burn off carbon with higher exhaust temps intermittently. Im willing to bet messing with these will definitely throw a code, like leaving your O2 sensors unplugged. Im envisioning this being a rude awakening in the sound department even compared to the current .2. K-A i wish you could hear my T with the akra in person. Its alot better than you give it credit for. I know its not like a .1, but its nothing like the videos when u hear it in person. Different beast altogether. I dont think you would like the turbo noises though.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:17 AM
Argon_
User

From what ive read the particulate filters will be active to burn off carbon with higher exhaust temps intermittently. Im willing to bet messing with these will definitely throw a code, like leaving your O2 sensors unplugged. Im envisioning this being a rude awakening in the sound department even compared to the current .2. K-A i wish you could hear my T with the akra in person. Its alot better than you give it credit for. I know its not like a .1, but its nothing like the videos when u hear it in person. Different beast altogether. I dont think you would like the turbo noises though.
I'm sure there will be a workaround. There has been for every other emissions device.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:00 AM
Hurricane
Super User

Originally Posted by Ccpecot View Post
Old 09-19-2018, 12:01 PM
johnsopa
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think I see where the styling cues came from...
Attached Images   

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: