Sponsored by:

2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 10:55 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,013 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by GordyRay
Please get away from making this more of a GT cruiser and get back to the basic 911 sports car.
Funny, my Series II GTS goes round corners better than any other 911 I have ever driven. Far quicker too with much higher limits and the sound is fine.

I have no doubt Porsche will make a wide range of improvements with the 992 - if the sound bothers you so much buy something else. How about a Cayman - after all it's the only basic sports car Porsche produce.

Alternatively try a Lotus Exige 430 Cup - far more sports car than the Carrera or Cayman and even more involving than the current GT3. No sound damping, no interior, no nanny aids. Pure light weight sports car.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:35 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 216 Posts

Thanks for sharing the pictures, great find.
I noticed that the front side light doesn't cut the headlight in half but now is actually below the headlight compared to the 991.1 or 991.2.
The rear end seems more full and appears to be heavy. Don't like how the bar light doesn't go all the way across as a solid light. Maybe when complete it will, hopefully.
The extra back brake light setup is hideous. Hopefully it will be squared away when complete also. It just doesn't look good in these pictures. The mirrors on every picture of a 992 is totally ugly. I really like the sport mirror. I hope that they don't go with the current mirror, it is awful. Lastly Porsche better improve the exhaust or I will not be buying any more Porsches. I have had 16 and if the sound is gone due to the turbos then I will find a new good sounding exhaust sports car. The current sport exhaust is a total rip-off and a ridiculous joke. The current 991.2 SE is the worst sounding 911 ever!!!!! I was told by a friend that works in the factory that they are working overtime on the sound improvement. We can only hope. Please get away from making this more of a GT cruiser and get back to the basic 911 sports car.
I had the same question about the light bar not running the full length of the back,....but I believe the middle portion will be the Porsche name (aka Panamera?) and is probably blanked out.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:38 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Thanks for sharing the pictures, great find.
I noticed that the front side light doesn't cut the headlight in half but now is actually below the headlight compared to the 991.1 or 991.2.
The rear end seems more full and appears to be heavy. Don't like how the bar light doesn't go all the way across as a solid light. Maybe when complete it will, hopefully.
The extra back brake light setup is hideous. Hopefully it will be squared away when complete also. It just doesn't look good in these pictures. The mirrors on every picture of a 992 is totally ugly. I really like the sport mirror. I hope that they don't go with the current mirror, it is awful. Lastly Porsche better improve the exhaust or I will not be buying any more Porsches. I have had 16 and if the sound is gone due to the turbos then I will find a new good sounding exhaust sports car. The current sport exhaust is a total rip-off and a ridiculous joke. The current 991.2 SE is the worst sounding 911 ever!!!!! I was told by a friend that works in the factory that they are working overtime on the sound improvement. We can only hope. Please get away from making this more of a GT cruiser and get back to the basic 911 sports car.
Agreed. Fix the sound, then we'll talk. With that digital interior, this is all moot to me unless I know there's some semblance of rawness and emotion to the sountrack and just overall feel. We all know it'll perform better than the 991. As usual, the next S will put up better numbers than the .2 GTS (the base 991.1 put up better numbers than the 997.2 GTS, so who knows what the 992 base will do), But I'm not looking for something that goes supremely fast but emits like a VR game while doing so. Let's hope that "overtime" will work wonders, but you can't escape the fundamental mechanics of how turbos, intercoolers, all their tubing, smaller displacement and less compression affect exhaust gasses via homogenizing and lightening the sound wave.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:52 PM
my991na
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Spotted the cayenne turbo and the 992 in nj today
Attached Images         
Old 07-17-2018, 06:29 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Honestly looks like a facelifted 991.2 to me and nothing more. 991.3 indeed. So far I'm liking everything about it other than the rear light strip.

That nasty 3rd brake light will disappear and get integrated under the wing.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:52 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

I had my second sighting on Sunday - no pics again as it was going in the opposite direction. No pics, no proof, I know.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:08 AM
K-A
Drifting

The third brake light is going straight in middle of the engine cover vents (above the spoiler). It’s that long blank space in the middle (being covered up).

It’ll look like a very subtle evolution of the 991. You’ll have to see them together to notice any true proportional differences. The front frunk line will obviously be a tell, and the rear is probably the biggest difference. The side windows are slimmer and the belt line is higher. It’ll be harder than rest your arm on the upper door panel, for those of us who like to roll like every 80’s movie mullet-donning Camaro-driving villain. The whole package looks a bit “tighter” and slightly more chunky/beefy, yet at the same time more fussy and less effortlessly smooth (up front, namely). Obviously, we’re talking extremely incrementally here on both.

The big difference, obviously is inside the car.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:48 AM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Wish there were more inside shots. Like do we get the full PDK stick etc.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:44 AM
K-A
Drifting

Originally Posted by captainkirk
Negative. Hope you enjoy clicking through drives and shifts with a pokey little nub that you’ll need tweezers to operate. :/
Old 07-19-2018, 02:51 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Who cares get the manual.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:05 AM
dribar
Racer

Received 202 Likes on 81 Posts

Really starting the dig the all black look....
Old 07-19-2018, 08:30 AM
captainkirk
Pro

Originally Posted by K-A

Negative. Hope you enjoy clicking through drives and shifts with a pokey little nub that you’ll need tweezers to operate. :/
Why Porsche! Why!!! The Pany has a nub, the 911 does not need a nub!!! Sigh

Originally Posted by Dewinator

Who cares get the manual.
Lol, True!
Old 07-19-2018, 08:32 AM
captainkirk
Pro

Originally Posted by dribar
Really starting the dig the all black look....
Black is nice and all, I have had many black cars in the past (even have one still in black). They are pain to clean.

I can not wait to see what cool special colors they will be launching the 992 with
Old 07-19-2018, 10:59 AM
K-A
Drifting

Why Porsche! Why!!! The Pany has a nub, the 911 does not need a nub!!! Sigh

Lol, True!
Seriously. And it’s as bad as it looks. It looks like the under nub of a BROKEN shifter. Lol. I love the PDK shifter, I use it to shift often and just like resting my hand on it as it has great and sporty ergonomics. The nub is antithesis to a sports car feel.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:32 PM
captainkirk
Pro

Originally Posted by K-A

Seriously. And it’s as bad as it looks. It looks like the under nub of a BROKEN shifter. Lol. I love the PDK shifter, I use it to shift often and just like resting my hand on it as it has great and sporty ergonomics. The nub is antithesis to a sports car feel.

I use the PDK shifter just like you said. Love resting my hands on it and shifting with it. Porsche went to all the trouble to rotate the Up and Down Shift direction from the 991.1 models....and now replace with a nub.

I will pay extra for the PDK stick option for the 992. Seriously, does Porsche not do proper enthusiasts feedback on what need to be there and not. Pany and 911 are different cars. But I am really hoping the PDK stick is there during release. Can't jump up and down right now till all the info is official.

I would hate to glue a stick on the nub to get a PDK feel. It just will never feel right and chances are if i glue it (Please do not think that I am serious with this...literally joking), it will come in my hand while shifiting and remind me of some Mr. Bean episode happening to me in real life. Lol

Quick Reply: 2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE