Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paid for Bose Stereo, got the Base system. Think Porsche scammed me.

Search this Thread

Old Today | 08:34 AM
pbcsd
Racer

Originally Posted by Newbie T
Looking at the 992.1 brochure, its very cheeky that it doesn't necessary state that you will get all Bose speakers,instead, its more worded to frame that you are buying Bose's sound "technology" system instead. Compare that with the Burmester's subtle mention of "manufacturer"

Given Bose is a speakers manufacture, one would assume they are buying the Bose speakers for this option, me included! I got the Bose system for my 2024 T, so far I don't have any complains, maybe its the additional 4 speakers you get from the Bose system that is doing the magic!

Yup. The real improvement is the amp and DSP from the stock amp. Would be interesting if there are Rennlisters who live close to each other where one has the ASK speakers and the other the Bose to see if they can even hear a difference. Even with the Bose when I had them I found the system didn’t get loud enough to really test the speakers power handling. The highs were relatively piercing and the lows were not very good (much better after deadening the doors). The old joke of “no highs, no lows, must be Bose” rang true. Though I’m sure the system was better than stock.

Having said all that. If I paid for Bose and got ASK speakers I’d be pissed as well.

Old Today | 08:58 AM
Vivienne
Advanced

Replaced the “Bose system” last week with the group buy from scr with audiofrog for the tweeters, midrange, center speaker, and subs. Transformed the acoustics and sounds so clear now and punchy. Their plug and play options were an easy install. Now that the speakers have broken in, sound is amazing.
Old Today | 09:27 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

‘24 Targa 4S; BOSE by OBDII.
Whatever the other speakers are, the sound is arguably inferior to my ‘24 Tundra overall. But then again, there’s so much road noise from the Goodyears I’m not sure it matters that much.

As an aside, the Tundra “PCM” works much better as well and doesn’t make me push three times to stay a “guest” every time I start it.
The Targa is more fun to drive and easier to park tho!
Old Today | 01:33 PM
sids
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 3520MMF
Haha.
It’s like having a Pass Labs shell with Emotiva guts and a 75Lb dumbbell attached inside
Audiophile sound
How do you know that does not happen today? Audiophile stuff borders snake oil like nothing else in this world! Take a look at the $5000 fuses lol: https://www.stereotimes.com/post/qsa-silver-fuse-and-silver-jitter-ac-adapter/

Quick Reply: Paid for Bose Stereo, got the Base system. Think Porsche scammed me.