Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I Go Overboard with My New Carrera T Spec?

Search this Thread

Old Today, 11:20 AM
J Irwan
Racer

Received 194 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by johnarpy
You seen to be right. My Carerra T had gloss black calipers not grey but I realized they were an option.

Nice ext combo. The gloss black wheels looks good with Phyton Green exterior.

For North America for 992.1T does not have any option on brake. Caliper color optins nor PCCB option.

If you bought your Carrera T pre-owned then it is very likely it was painted by someone.
Old Today, 12:30 PM
FlatSixT
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
It's a PDK?!? The only way to get the base engine in a manual is the T. Interesting decision there. Might as well get a base then. That's the thing I always forget about the T is that it is the base engine.
stupid thing to say, T has eLSD, reduced sound deadening, light weight glass, rear seat delete, carbon buckets, RAS. Base has none of that. Not to mention >90% of built T's have PDK. Not to mention PDKs resale way faster than manuals. Not to mention the manuals in the carreras have too many gears, it must be the first 7 speed manual in history. Not to mention PDKs are much faster.
Old Today, 12:30 PM
johnarpy
Instructor

Received 251 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by J Irwan
Nice ext combo. The gloss black wheels looks good with Phyton Green exterior.

For North America for 992.1T does not have any option on brake. Caliper color optins nor PCCB option.

If you bought your Carrera T pre-owned then it is very likely it was painted by someone.
No I bought brand new all options from factory. It's a 2023 when they first came out. I had gloss black wheel option so I thought all calipers were black.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
2023CarerraT.pdf (492.0 KB, 3 views)
Old Today, 01:22 PM
J Irwan
Racer

No I bought brand new all options from factory. It's a 2023 when they first came out. I had gloss black wheel option so I thought all calipers were black.

I recall on the configurator, when you change the wheel color, the caliper color does not change on the rendering.

The caliper for 992.1 T is the same as Carrera base. It is "greyish" black but not gloss-black.

I have yet seen a "gloss black" caliper on Carrera T. I've seen some people has painted them "green", "yellow", "blue" but I have not seen a gloss black on a 992.1T.

I am borrowing this picture from another thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1424...l#post19613178

as you can see the wheels is gloss black but the caliper is "greyish" black and has non-shiny finish.

Old Today, 01:35 PM
johnarpy
Instructor

Received 251 Likes on 103 Posts

I bought the car brand new the day the dealer received it from the port. They called me because I was waiting for my S/T and they knew I wanted to drive a manual with some of the lightness of the car I was waiting for. Here's another picture but it sure looks like they are black although perhaps it's not gloss. It doesn't look grey though..

Last edited by johnarpy; Today at 01:39 PM.
Old Today, 01:42 PM
J Irwan
Racer

I bought the car brand new the day the dealer received it from the port. They called me because I was waiting for my S/T and they knew I wanted to drive a manual with some of the lightness of the car I was waiting for. Here's another picture but it sure looks like they are black.

This is the “greyish” black (non gloss black) caliper that are on Carrera base and Carrera T.

I guess now that i think about it the “gloss black” brake caliper color only available on PCCB (default caliper is yellow). I dont think I’ve seen a “gloss black” caliper on 992 platform on steel brake.

this 992.1 GT3 has PCCB with “gloss black” caliper https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...t3-touring-86/
Old Today, 02:10 PM
zanary
Pro

Received 748 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Will Motivation
I couldn't get a GTS allocation and I liked the Carrera T and was able to get an allocation back in March.
Just got the car delivered a couple of weeks ago and figured I would do a video for those still waiting for their car to come in, or those figuring out what options go to with but after adding everything up, I wonder if maybe I went a little overboard with all of the options I got on my Carrera T?

Fast forward to 7 minute mark for the spec and all of the options...

https://youtu.be/zjrNzG-5UeI?si=oxan2IhoJDOIyjTq&t=425
haha. Don't feel bad for getting overboard with options for your Carrera T... I spec'ed mine at $178K... one of the highest spec'ed or maybe the 2nd so far for 2024... I've also added a dozen extra items to it since pickup...

My statement still hold true for me. Spec it for you, not someone else and not the next owner. This is YOUR PORSCHE. Spec it so you get smiles every time you drive it.

My spec

Old Today, 03:13 PM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 372 Posts

Nothing about this T makes sense to me. :shrug
Old Today, 03:15 PM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Received 1,554 Likes on 561 Posts

Originally Posted by VarTheVar
When the ultimate goal is YouTube fame, whatever spec gets the clicks is the best. Seems like this one is working well for him so far.
The following 2 users liked this post by Fishah:
Icegrill (Today), PHX (Today)
Old Today, 03:25 PM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fishah
When the ultimate goal is YouTube fame, whatever spec gets the clicks is the best. Seems like this one is working well for him so far.

Yeah I guess so but how many clicks can you possibly get to justify it?

This would have been an ok GTS build which it seems like the OP wanted in the first place, but a T will never be a GTS. At this point I would add a tune and swap out the sportex seats for racetex and go full pretend GTS cause then at least the car would be cohesive.
Old Today, 04:09 PM
Falcon01
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by zanary
haha. Don't feel bad for getting overboard with options for your Carrera T... I spec'ed mine at $178K... one of the highest spec'ed or maybe the 2nd so far for 2024... I've also added a dozen extra items to it since pickup...

My statement still hold true for me. Spec it for you, not someone else and not the next owner. This is YOUR PORSCHE. Spec it so you get smiles every time you drive it.

My spec

How'd you get that cool Plaque?

I'd love one for my GT3.
The following users liked this post:
zanary (Today)
Old Today, 04:18 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,841 Likes on 960 Posts

Originally Posted by Not to mention
stupid thing to say, T has eLSD, reduced sound deadening, light weight glass, rear seat delete, carbon buckets, RAS. Base has none of that. Not to mention >90% of built T's have PDK. Not to mention PDKs resale way faster than manuals. Not to mention the manuals in the carreras have too many gears, it must be the first 7 speed manual in history. Not to mention PDKs are much faster.
Ummkay.

PDK 992 may have a slightly faster resale than a manual. Manual has a higher resale, spec for spec. RAS is not standard on the T, but is an option. And yes the T has PTV and some other performance items from the S that the base does not.

Will Motivation (Today)
Old Today, 05:45 PM
Inigo Montoya
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by VarTheVar
I agree but he said he wanted an S and couldn't get one so he took the T and "S'ed" it up. Yes it's probably more like "F'ed" than "S'ed" because yeah, so you take the last of the non GT lightweigh manuals and bloat it and put an auto etc. But on the other hand, he was up front explaining that, most Porsche people are doing similar things to the T, ordering them with 18 way leather seats, automatics, and all sorts of weight-adding, sharpness reducing fluff so maybe cut the guy a little slack? Just a little?
Will Motivation (Today)
Old Today, 05:47 PM
Will Motivation
Racer

Received 170 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishah
Yes, but you knew that already.
Not really. Just looking for feedback as one does on forums.
Old Today, 05:47 PM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
I agree but he said he wanted an S and couldn't get one so he took the T and "S'ed" it up. Yes it's probably more like "F'ed" than "S'ed" because yeah, so you take the last of the non GT lightweigh manuals and bloat it and put an auto etc. But on the other hand, he was up front explaining that, most Porsche people are doing similar things to the T, ordering them with 18 way leather seats, automatics, and all sorts of weight-adding, sharpness reducing fluff so maybe cut the guy a little slack? Just a little?

He said he wanted a GTS. And I did make a suggestion of how to complete the car in a way that would sort of honor what he wanted in the first place
Will Motivation (Today)

Quick Reply: Did I Go Overboard with My New Carrera T Spec?