Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I Go Overboard with My New Carrera T Spec?

Search this Thread

Old Today, 05:52 PM
Will Motivation
Racer

Received 170 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishah
When the ultimate goal is YouTube fame, whatever spec gets the clicks is the best. Seems like this one is working well for him so far.
Haha I knew one of you would show up. Because someone shares a video on YouTube they are automatically looking for youtube fame and you automatically have a negative disposition.
Glad most people here don't think like you but I did notice a few likes to your comment.

Listen. If someone posts text on the forums, it's normal. If someone post a picture of their car on the forums, it's normal. If someone posts a video of a Porsche on these forums, it's also normal.
If you don't like watching video content on Porsche's don't watch it. To say my ultimate goal is YouTube fame is ignorant. That's like me saying your ultimate goal is to post negative comments on the forums. Not for me to say but would be negative nontheless. Don't judge me and I won't judge you. But I can say your disposition is bad for the forums. You'll make people not want to post relevant content that others might enjoy. But you probably don't care.
Old Today, 05:53 PM
Will Motivation
Racer

Originally Posted by VarTheVar
He said he wanted a GTS. And I did make a suggestion of how to complete the car in a way that would sort of honor what he wanted in the first place
Appreciated.
Old Today, 05:56 PM
Will Motivation
Racer

Nothing about this T makes sense to me. :shrug
Did you add any options to it that were available or did you leave it as is for whatever model it was?
Old Today, 05:58 PM
Chris_Edgar_86
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

As long as you like it that’s all that matters.

To me personally, it’s one of those questions, if you have to ask you already inherently know the answer (yes).
The following users liked this post:
Will Motivation (Today)
Old Today, 05:59 PM
Will Motivation
Racer

Originally Posted by Chris_Edgar_86
As long as you like it that’s all that matters.

To me personally, it’s one of those questions, if you have to ask you already inherently know the answer (yes).
Yea I'm sure there are a bunch of us that feel like we went one option too many but yea I've been enjoying the car so far and don't have that nagging feeling of "I wish I would have spec'd this or that"
Old Today, 06:15 PM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Will Motivation
Did you add any options to it that were available or did you leave it as is for whatever model it was?

So if you want to hear my 911 nerd logic, I would look at the ethos of the T and go from there. It's obviously subjective and there are others here with Carrera Ts that will disagree with me but here's what I think.

The T is best specced as a minimalist and lightweight car without frills. You have specced as I would probably think of an S or GTS , which is what you wanted in the first place. And I do get it..a lot of 911 buyers are at the mercy of their dealers and whatever allocation you are able to get your hands on. So a T is better than no 911 at all. For me the T was my first choice. But the whole automatic transmission, Aerokit, glossy black accents, black wheels, sunroof, etc doesn't make sense with a T IMO

Putting aside the fact that's it a T, you ended up building a very luxurious looking 911. Again, there's nothing "wrong" with it. In fact it actually looks pretty good on the outside. The one thing I will say that I don't like is interior spec vs the exterior spec. Nothing is individually ugly about either but they don't go together. I don't think the sporty red stitching and seat belts matches the slick exterior look. I would have gone with a more luxury spec interior rather than sporty. So the inside and the outside of the car are clashing IMO.
Old Today, 06:18 PM
Chris_Edgar_86
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Will Motivation;[url=tel:19684114
19684114[/url]]Yea I'm sure there are a bunch of us that feel like we went one option too many but yea I've been enjoying the car so far and don't have that nagging feeling of "I wish I would have spec'd this or that"
And that’s what matters!

I am mostly happy with my T build, wish I would have optioned LWBS and PCCBs on it otherwise very pleased.

To scratch that “itch” though I was able to secure an allocation on a SRS with an ETA of late 2024 / early 2025.
Will Motivation (Today)
Old Today, 06:20 PM
Will Motivation
Racer

So if you want to hear my 911 nerd logic, I would look at the ethos of the T and go from there. It's obviously subjective and there are others here with Carrera Ts that will disagree with me but here's what I think.

The T is best specced as a minimalist and lightweight car without frills. You have specced as I would probably think of a GTS, which is what you wanted in the first place. And I do get it..a lot of 911 buyers are at the mercy of their dealers and whatever allocation you are able to get your hands on. So a T is better than no 911 at all. For me the T was my first choice. But the whole automatic transmission, Aerokit, glossy black accents, black wheels, sunroof, etc doesn't make sense with a T IMO

Putting aside the fact that's it a T, you ended up building a very luxurious looking 911. Again, there's nothing "wrong" with it. In fact it actually looks pretty good on the outside. The one thing I will say that I don't like is interior spec vs the exterior spec. Nothing is individually ugly about either but they don't go together. I don't think the sporty red stitching and seat belts matches the slick exterior look. I would have gone with a more luxury spec interior rather than sporty. So the inside and the outside of the car are clashing IMO.
Fair enough. Maybe a Porsche thing with the history of the specs people have gone with in the past. I had a used 2015 GT3 and a used 2016 GT3. One Red, one White. Both had red stitching and I kind of fell for it, so wanted it in the Chalk spec. But yea, seems everyone has a slightly different preference which makes sense. I won't lie. I knew going in that the Carrera T was more of a light weight spec with the manual transmission option but never thought it was "minimalist" in terms of options but more so in terms of weight... Having the opportunity to spec from scratch knowing I could not get a GTS, I wanted to spec it to my personal taste, tis' true haha. But always fun to get other's thoughts on a spec. I can appreciate that.

Old Today, 06:22 PM
Will Motivation
Racer

Originally Posted by Chris_Edgar_86
And that’s what matters!

I am mostly happy with my T build, wish I would have optioned LWBS and PCCBs on it otherwise very pleased.

To scratch that “itch” though I was able to secure an allocation on a SRS with an ETA of late 2024 / early 2025.
Congrats on that! I'm waiting on a 992.2 GTS allocation that may or may not ever come but enjoying this T immensely.
Old Today, 06:42 PM
johnarpy
Instructor

Received 251 Likes on 103 Posts

The T is best specced as a minimalist and lightweight car without frills. You have specced as I would probably think of an S or GTS , which is what you wanted in the first place. And I do get it..a lot of 911 buyers are at the mercy of their dealers and whatever allocation you are able to get your hands on. So a T is better than no 911 at all. For me the T was my first choice. But the whole automatic transmission, Aerokit, glossy black accents, black wheels, sunroof, etc doesn't make sense with a T IMO

So I would agree with you but also disagree. He was looking for an S. Those are both sporty and can be very luxurious. If he wanted a T then I would agree with you. I knew I wanted an S/T but knew it would take about a year. I got my dealer to get me a T which was manual, light, no lift, and a simulation of the S/T. I then had them get me a GT3 which was also manual, light, LWBS, no lift to also get me in the mood. The whole point was to experience the lightest 992 available with the closest options to the S/T. That isn't what he was looking for I think his car is beautiful and I love the rear wing. Just my impressions.
Old Today, 06:46 PM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by johnarpy
So I would agree with you but also disagree. He was looking for an S. Those are both sporty and can be very luxurious. If he wanted a T then I would agree with you. I knew I wanted an S/T but knew it would take about a year. I got my dealer to get me a T which was manual, light, no lift, and a simulation of the S/T. I then had them get me a GT3 which was also manual, light, LWBS, no lift to also get me in the mood. The whole point was to experience the lightest 992 available with the closest options to the S/T. That isn't what he was looking for I think his car is beautiful and I love the rear wing. Just my impressions.

I made 2 separate points, both of which are totally subjective. One was about the ethos of the T which is like..take it or leave it. But the second point I made was purely about aesthetics and has nothing to do with the T specifically. I would have made the same remarks about a GTS. With that exterior spec I would have gone with the heritage interior or a two tone full leather option or the 930 interior option, and no deviated stitching or seat belt colors. Something that would compliment the exterior aesthetic instead of fighting with it

Last edited by VarTheVar; Today at 06:51 PM.
Old Today, 06:55 PM
Will Motivation
Racer

Originally Posted by johnarpy
Yea I wanted a GTS. And the opinions solicited here were all meant to be fun and sharing notes that's all.
But you're right, I liked the T and was happy to get the allocation but wanted to option it up a bit to what I was ultimately hoping for .
Old Today, 06:57 PM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Received 1,555 Likes on 562 Posts

Originally Posted by Will Motivation
Haha I knew one of you would show up. Because someone shares a video on YouTube they are automatically looking for youtube fame and you automatically have a negative disposition.
Glad most people here don't think like you but I did notice a few likes to your comment.

Listen. If someone posts text on the forums, it's normal. If someone post a picture of their car on the forums, it's normal. If someone posts a video of a Porsche on these forums, it's also normal.
If you don't like watching video content on Porsche's don't watch it. To say my ultimate goal is YouTube fame is ignorant. That's like me saying your ultimate goal is to post negative comments on the forums. Not for me to say but would be negative nontheless. Don't judge me and I won't judge you. But I can say your disposition is bad for the forums. You'll make people not want to post relevant content that others might enjoy. But you probably don't care.
Rubbish. I don't believe a word of this.

If you really wanted our opinion, you'd show us your build sheet rather than forcing us to watch your clickbait title video to see the spec. You wanted clicks.

Furthermore, we've already had this discussion with you in the T thread months ago. You know very well that you went overboard, and that's fine... But let's not pretend you aren't using it for reasons other than the enjoyment of driving.

Lastly, why would you even care if we think you went overboard? You clearly don't because you didn't want any opinions on how a T "should" be spec'd. The entire point of this post was to show off your spec, and mostly to link to your video.

If this truly was about more than marketing your video, you would have made a more forum friendly post that would involve pictures, descriptions, and potentially a link to your video if we wanted to learn more.
Old Today, 07:12 PM
Ofhaj288
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, great choice!
Will Motivation (Today)
Old Today, 07:12 PM
Will Motivation
Racer

Originally Posted by Fishah
Rubbish. I don't believe a word of this.

If you really wanted our opinion, you'd show us your build sheet rather than forcing us to watch your clickbait title video to see the spec. You wanted clicks.

Furthermore, we've already had this discussion with you in the T thread months ago. You know very well that you went overboard, and that's fine... But let's not pretend you aren't using it for reasons other than the enjoyment of driving.

Lastly, why would you even care if we think you went overboard? You clearly don't because you didn't want any opinions on how a T "should" be spec'd. The entire point of this post was to show off your spec, and mostly to link to your video.

If this truly was about more than marketing your video, you would have made a more forum friendly post that would involve pictures, descriptions, and potentially a link to your video if we wanted to learn more.
You must have wanted clicks to post this rubbish comment. Cut it out.
I posted a link to the video. The forums converted the link to an embedded video. I didn't design the forums.
You obviously have an issue with me or people that make videos and share them on the forums. Like I said earlier, you did not have to watch the video if you did not want to.
And wait a minute. You have a problem if people want to show their spec???? There is an extremely popular thread on the forums with people showing off their spec's and nobody has an issue with it.
Why do you have an issue if someone posts a video rather than a picture? Because you think they want youtube fame? Come on man. Even if someone does have ambitions to be a content creator, why would I hate or have a problem with that? If anything, I would support them, especially if I like Porsche content. Damn. Not sure what's going on in your world, but having an issue with someone sharing a youtube video is petty and cancerous to the purpose of a public car forum.

In the future, if you don't like watching youtube videos of Porsche's on a Porsche forum, try not to watch it. But to have a negative disposition towards someone for posting a video and assume you know their intentions, that's plain ignorant. Rubbish, as you would say. Don't like. Don't watch.

Last edited by Will Motivation; Today at 07:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Did I Go Overboard with My New Carrera T Spec?