Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tipping your Service Advisor

Search this Thread

Old Today, 02:18 PM
991Targa4S
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 126 Posts

Waitstaff in the US pays tax on 15% of their sales because thats the average. Waitstaff only make enough hourly wages to cover taxes.

I’l tip the tech, but i ain’t tipping the service advisor. A tech can get burned on warranty work and get a claim kicked back. They are the talent, sales makes their cut on their upsold service.
Old Today, 02:29 PM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by CurryPuff

In London, however, they WILL tack on a 12.5% optional service charge. You can have it removed by asking the server, but 99% people just pay it to avoid looking like an a**hole.
have stayed in UK for business and my colleagues never tip. They say the staff is well paid, unlike the US, so the tip is not necessary. I followed their advice.
Old Today, 02:31 PM
adrianp89
Pro

Received 482 Likes on 214 Posts

Tiping culture is way out of hand. Whoever tips their service advisor probably let's their wife have an open marriage.

Last edited by adrianp89; Today at 03:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Icegrill (Today)
Old Today, 02:39 PM
omaralt
Racer

Received 243 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by adrianp89
Timing culture is way out of hand. Whoever tips their service advisor probably let's their wife have an open marriage.
LOL.. bit of a stretch
ldamelio (Today)
Old Today, 02:39 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by silverscooby27
I brought 2 cars in for service/modifications. I could not make it during normal business hours to drop the car off. My SA came in on a Sunday on his day off when the dealership was not even open at all to sit at the dealership waiting for me for about 45 minutes while I went back and forth from my house twice so that I could bring my cars inside and not have them sitting outside overnight. To me, that’s going above and beyond. He didn’t ask for a tip, and is a very nice guy who genuinely likes cars. He respects my cars, and I feel actually likes me as a person. He would have done it anyway, because he offered it to me himself. I didn’t ask for it. I tipped him because I appreciated this gesture. He worked on his day off FOR ME. That’s worth something in my book. A tip was not expected of me in any way.
Coming in on Sunday and waiting around for you is very much out of the ordinary and warrants some token of appreciation. To me, though, that seems well outside the norm. IMHO, 99 service interactions out of 100 would not warrant anything special beyond a sincere thank you and perhaps a comment on the follow-up survey about what a good job the SA did in handling your service visit.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mike in CA:
ldamelio (Today)
Old Today, 04:02 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,445 Likes on 837 Posts

For real? These clowns do basically nothing. They take your "customer states" and present it to the tech and then forget to call you with updates, while simultaneously trying to sell you a fuel system service and unneeded alignment for $2k.

They are one step above brand ambassadors or whatever lame title they have given salespeople on the useless scale.
cwbrown (Today)
Old Today, 04:06 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 813 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
For real? These clowns do basically nothing. They take your "customer states" and present it to the tech and then forget to call you with updates, while simultaneously trying to sell you a fuel system service and unneeded alignment for $2k.

They are one step above brand ambassadors or whatever lame title they have given salespeople on the useless scale.
Captain Anger?
Old Today, 04:41 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 554 Likes on 407 Posts

Most SA's are bonus incentivized by automated review services sent out by the dealership a couple days later. I always make sure to fill those out with 5 stars and a compliment by name... anything else seems like not the time or the place.

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old Today, 05:04 PM
zachr
Burning Brakes

Received 793 Likes on 354 Posts

OP must be a service advisor looking to normalize this behavior 🤣

Quick Reply: Tipping your Service Advisor