Sponsored by:

Interior for gentian blue exterior on GTS cab build

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:08 AM
gpop
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior for gentian blue exterior on GTS cab build

First time Porsche buyer. GTS cab build. I think I have read the relevant threads but am looking for some additional advice on interior choices. I do understand lots of this is personal preferences, but the three options I am considering

A. Leather Interior in Dark Night Blue/Chalk - I can not find any good photos of this. I am worried about dye transfer and marks on the chalk but think this would look sweet

B. Black leather with deviated stitching in speed blue. Solves the wear concern, and I like the subtle effect of the stiching.

C. Club Leather Interior in Basalt Black/Classic Cognac (Semi-Aniline). I think this could be a super nice option. Gives me a lighter interior, but no so light as chalk. Question is how well the cognac works with the gentian. In this version would do all leather options.

Any thoughts and photos or other suggestions dry welcome!
Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by gpop
First time Porsche buyer. GTS cab build. I think I have read the relevant threads but am looking for some additional advice on interior choices. I do understand lots of this is personal preferences, but the three options I am considering

A. Leather Interior in Dark Night Blue/Chalk - I can not find any good photos of this. I am worried about dye transfer and marks on the chalk but think this would look sweet

B. Black leather with deviated stitching in speed blue. Solves the wear concern, and I like the subtle effect of the stiching.

C. Club Leather Interior in Basalt Black/Classic Cognac (Semi-Aniline). I think this could be a super nice option. Gives me a lighter interior, but no so light as chalk. Question is how well the cognac works with the gentian. In this version would do all leather options.

Any thoughts and photos or other suggestions dry welcome!
First, I think you’ll love Gentian Blue on your GTS Cab, and second I vote for Option B on your list.

For my 2023 GB Turbo S Cab build, I went with black leather with Speed Yellow deviated stitching with yellow Tach and Chrono to match the yellow PCCB’s. I think the deviated stitching looks best when matched with the Tach & Chrono to break up the dark interior. Have fun with your selections and here are a few pics from my ride:

Last edited by North Shore 911; Yesterday at 10:42 AM.
The following users liked this post:
iso87 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:54 AM
gpop
6th Gear

Originally Posted by North Shore 911
First, I think you’ll love Gentian Blue on your GTS Cab, and second I vote for Option B on your list.

For my 2023 GB Turbo S Cab build, I went with black leather with Speed Yellow deviated stitching with yellow Tach and Chrono to match the yellow PCCB’s. I think the deviated stitching looks best when matched with the Tach & Chrono to break up the dark interior. Have fun with your selections and here are a few pics from my ride:

good suggestion on tach but they only offer arctic blue, not speed blue. I’ll think if I want the stitching to pop out more. Thanks for the pics!
Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,653 Likes on 947 Posts

Cognac looks great with Gentian.
The following 3 users liked this post by RatherJaded:
NEH51 (Yesterday), PSPorsche (Yesterday), shrimp money (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,439 Likes on 697 Posts

I think Slate Grey/Chalk would go great with Gentian Blue.
Victory911 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:10 AM
PSPorsche
Burning Brakes

Received 437 Likes on 261 Posts

Gentian Blue is such a beautiful color, without being too bold.

I have the full leather Mojave Beige interior, which I feel is very classy with the Blue exterior.

I don’t quite understand why everyone likes black interiors? This color hides all of the details in the design of any car’s interior.

I know why dealers like to spec black interiors for their inventory cars— it hides scratches and dirt on vehicles that will be leased or when a car comes back as a trade-in, so it is easier to sell the car to the next customer at a high price. But when people spec their own car, why opt for black?

So, my humble suggestion is to go with a lighter interior that helps showcase the beautiful lines, stitches, piping, and trim in the cabin. (Deviated stitching helps a little, but not to the extent a lighter interior color does). Lighter colors make the car feel more spacious and less claustrophobic. The interior should be inviting and comfortable. After all, this is where you spend 100% of your time while driving.

Last edited by PSPorsche; Yesterday at 11:11 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by PSPorsche:
jmrichards (Yesterday), Victory911 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Mark S
Rennlist Member

Received 292 Likes on 165 Posts

I went with Truffle Brown:

The following 2 users liked this post by Mark S:
jimminh44 (Yesterday), TimD (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM
F8Driver
Pro

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

Black/Cognac is a terrific contrast to the Blue. Wish I had the option (for less than $16K) when I oredered mine.
Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM
Nismo240ssx
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 21 Posts

I have slate/chalk on a targa albeit only 1800 miles but no issues yet W/ dye transfer & I wear jeans. There's a couple threads that persuaded me as I was also worried about the longevity, usually a black interior person.

Lmk if you want any detailed photos, with the 930 package it's a very luxurious interior.
Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM
gpop
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Nismo240ssx
I have slate/chalk on a targa albeit only 1800 miles but no issues yet W/ dye transfer & I wear jeans. There's a couple threads that persuaded me as I was also worried about the longevity, usually a black interior person.

Lmk if you want any detailed photos, with the 930 package it's a very luxurious interior.
would love to see. Everyone keeps saying slate gray/chalk. Does anyone have a view on dark night blue? Is that a new option?
Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 132 Posts

Slate Grey/Chalk.

The following 2 users liked this post by gellie:
PG5768 (Yesterday), Victory911 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM
CornerOffice
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Black/cognac would look amazing. That would be my #1 choice hands down.
RatherJaded (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,653 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by CornerOffice
Black/cognac would look amazing. That would be my #1 choice hands down.
+1
Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM
cdpippolo
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gpop
would love to see. Everyone keeps saying slate gray/chalk. Does anyone have a view on dark night blue? Is that a new option?
I think it is a new option. I am going with Lugano Blue exterior with slate grey/chalk interior. I initially was thinking dark night blue/chalk but think that might go better with a lighter exterior color (sales people thought so too). BTW, I have chalk interior with Gentian Blue exterior on my Macan and have had no problems with dye transfer, although I don't wear jeans that often and clean the leather regularly, but still looks good after 10,000 miles. Did you look at the color combo in the showroom? I was able to put the colors together to finally conclude on colors. The grey looked darker in the showroom than in the configurator.

​​​​​​​
Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM
Zoomnbyu
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 68 Posts

Truffle brown with Paldao looks fantastic and old school on my C4S but not sure if the same on a Cab.

Quick Reply: Interior for gentian blue exterior on GTS cab build