Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior for gentian blue exterior on GTS cab build

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM
azmcarroll
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One consideration might be choosing an option with a dark dashboard. In my limited time test driving two 992.1 Carrera’s back to back on a sunny day there was significant glare thrown up on the windshield from a grey-ish dash and interior vs dark. That experience made the configuration choice easy for me.
The following users liked this post:
jmrichards (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM
jmrichards
Racer

Received 223 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by PSPorsche
Gentian Blue is such a beautiful color, without being too bold.

I have the full leather Mojave Beige interior, which I feel is very classy with the Blue exterior.

I don’t quite understand why everyone likes black interiors? This color hides all of the details in the design of any car’s interior.

I know why dealers like to spec black interiors for their inventory cars— it hides scratches and dirt on vehicles that will be leased or when a car comes back as a trade-in, so it is easier to sell the car to the next customer at a high price. But when people spec their own car, why opt for black?

So, my humble suggestion is to go with a lighter interior that helps showcase the beautiful lines, stitches, piping, and trim in the cabin. (Deviated stitching helps a little, but not to the extent a lighter interior color does). Lighter colors make the car feel more spacious and less claustrophobic. The interior should be inviting and comfortable. After all, this is where you spend 100% of your time while driving.
I couldn't agree more. Black and blue looks like a bruise to me. My SA couldn't believe how many factory configured GB cars come with black. Here is my suggestion:

Victory911 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM
gpop
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After digesting these great suggestions and spending like hours in the configurator and driving my family bananas, I think I am leaving strongly to the black/cognac club leather OR black with speed blue stitching. I am still going to look at the dark night blue/chalk but I doubt I can see this live before I have to lock in. I think the slate gray is too light in the dash for me.

There is a used car in manhattan porsche with the cognac I am going to go take a peek at. That combo feels very classic, is not all black, but doesn’t have the risk for me of the chalk.

Thanks again for the replies.
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM
gpop
6th Gear

Originally Posted by jmrichards
I couldn't agree more. Black and blue looks like a bruise to me. My SA couldn't believe how many factory configured GB cars come with black. Here is my suggestion:
what color is that? I don’t see it on a GTS. I see you like the 930…
Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM
981KMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 746 Likes on 364 Posts

i went with the Cohiba Brown under Black two tone (Exclusive Manufaktur). It's a couple shades darker than Congac, which was too light for my tastes.

Butzi (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM
gpop
6th Gear

Originally Posted by 981KMAN
i went with the Cohiba Brown under Black two tone (Exclusive Manufaktur). It's a couple shades darker than Congac, which was too light for my tastes.

sorry if noob question, but I do not see that color in the configuration tool. Is there some other set of custom/permium colors somewhere? Or is this from prior years?
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM
jmrichards
Racer

Received 223 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by gpop
what color is that? I don’t see it on a GTS. I see you like the 930…
Black with Mojave Tan (I think). I haven't looked at the 992.2 configurator, but I am sure there is an option for a lighter brown with black dash. As another poster noted, black dash is key to avoid reflections.
Old Yesterday, 11:35 PM
981KMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 746 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by gpop
sorry if noob question, but I do not see that color in the configuration tool. Is there some other set of custom/permium colors somewhere? Or is this from prior years?
It's an Exclusive Manufaktur option. Talk with your Sales Associate and they will have the info on how to order custom Leather colors. Be prepared to open your wallet a little more.......

Quick Reply: Interior for gentian blue exterior on GTS cab build