Sponsored by:

Hate Washing The Car Myself - Options?

Search this Thread

Old Today, 12:51 PM
Butzi
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Lazy? Wtf? He doesn't enjoy it...why should he do it? Nothing to do with lazy? Lot of homeowners out there don't mow their own lawns...they are all lazy too huh?

Gtfo
I don't skim the leaves in my pool, but I don't go to a forum and ask for other options either. "Physical labor" - The OP can't be serious.
Plenty of recent threads on this. Not searching is lazy.

Last edited by Butzi; Today at 01:25 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Butzi:
SimJen (Today), vern1 (Today)
Old Today, 12:57 PM
adrianp89
Pro

Received 449 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishah
100%
This is probably sarcasm, but keeping up with a FL lawn in summer is not something your typical home owner can do. The grass grows back by the time you can finish cutting it. Odds are when your off work and have to time cut it, its a thunderstorm going on. My lawn guys are done in 15 minutes and $40.... for something that would take me 4 hours.
Old Today, 02:03 PM
992.Turbo.S
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

How to tell us you don't actually drive your car without telling us you don't drive your car 🙄

Bugs, road grime, rain spots, etc... Do not come off with a simple blow or wipe regardless of your PPF or Ceramic coating.

Yes, true. I don’t drive it in bad weather, have other cars for that, but bugs and road grime do wipe off easily for me. I just use a wet microfibre cloth and a little bit of neutral cleaner if required.
Old Today, 02:08 PM
RG88
Racer

Received 200 Likes on 113 Posts

slow day....
The following 3 users liked this post by RG88:
Butzi (Today), Guzzgreg (Today), vern1 (Today)
Old Today, 02:09 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 898 Likes on 551 Posts

Plenty of mobile car wash services that will come to your home and wash your car for you by hand on a regular basis. Hire one of those.
The following users liked this post:
kilyung (Today)
Old Today, 02:09 PM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Received 1,474 Likes on 537 Posts

Originally Posted by adrianp89
This is probably sarcasm, but keeping up with a FL lawn in summer is not something your typical home owner can do. The grass grows back by the time you can finish cutting it. Odds are when your off work and have to time cut it, its a thunderstorm going on. My lawn guys are done in 15 minutes and $40.... for something that would take me 4 hours.
Definitely not sarcasm. Mow your lawn, or hire it out. The people with a field of hay in their yard are awful.
Old Today, 02:16 PM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 992.Turbo.S
Yes, true. I don’t drive it in bad weather, have other cars for that, but bugs and road grime do wipe off easily for me. I just use a wet microfibre cloth and a little bit of neutral cleaner if required.
There ain't a wet rag in the world getting real bug splatter off.

The following 3 users liked this post by Fishah:
Dezeinstein (Today), Larson E. Rapp (Today), McNamara (Today)
Old Today, 02:31 PM
992.Turbo.S
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

WOW! Yes. I’ve never had that much crap on my 911. I’ve come close on my daily or work trucks.
Where I live it’s illegal to drive without snow tires on some highways for 6 months of the year so the 911 does sit in the garage for that time of the year.

Just saying, ppf and ceramic coating does make it much easier to keep my car clean.
Old Today, 02:37 PM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Where I live it’s illegal to drive without snow tires on some highways for 6 months of the year so the 911 does sit in the garage for that time of the year.
Torture!!

Just saying, ppf and ceramic coating does make it much easier to keep my car clean.
100% agree. I'd never willingly let my car get as dirty as it is above without PPF.
Old Today, 02:38 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,933 Likes on 5,203 Posts

Definitely not sarcasm. Mow your lawn, or hire it out. The people with a field of hay in their yard are awful.
Option 3: Astroturf
The following users liked this post:
jlegelis (Today)
Old Today, 02:39 PM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Option 3: Astroturf
That's how we did my backyard! Gamechanger!
Old Today, 02:43 PM
J Irwan
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by 992fan
I did a couple car washes myself after buying all the equipment - power washer, soaps, buckets, brushes, etc. etc. I don't see my self continuing to do this. It's physical labor that i don't enjoy. If someone enjoys it, great. But I don't. So how/where do I go to wash my car? There's a place by me that is a "Hand Car Wash." The car goes through a typical car wash bay but apparently no brushes or anything "touch" the car. Water is sprayed and soap is applied. And then some guys will manually apply the soap with cloths and dry the car themselves. Something like that. I don't have PPF or any other coatings. Just raw. I'm not a paint/detail snob like some. Just want a decently clean car regularly and don't want to fck up the paint badly. Thoughts?

i think you have to figure out the best way for you.
what i mean is the steps that is most efficient.
like you, i have a pressure washer as well but i rarely use it, because its extra work to take it out (including extension cable) and put it away/store it, etc.

i end up just use garden hose (i have a standing hose reel for the hose) and use foam gun (i can get much much thicker foam with pressure washer), and 2 bucket method + 1 bucket exclusive for wheels.

and i try to wash before the car get too filthy.
and for drying i use leaf blower with stubby nozzle (for car drying) then wipe it dry with the waffle microfibre towel.
The leaf blower cut down drying time significantly and also allow me to blow water on those annoying crevices that keep weeping (mirrors, door jam, gas cap door, trim, wheel lug holes, etc)

hand washing a 992 is much quicker than my other cars (sedan and SUV)and yea i hand wash my X5 . For 992, It would take less than 45 min start to finish.

otherwise if you want to avoid the automatic car washes perhaps check with local detailer that offer “hand car wash” service.

i saw a lot of instagram, youtube reel on mobil detailing service who also does car washes, so that could another option if they are available in your area.

Last edited by J Irwan; Today at 02:46 PM.
Old Today, 02:54 PM
m732sg
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

if you're not going to diy, pay a professional detailer. drive-through washes truly damage the paint and will prematurely degrade plastics with aggressive chemicals.
Old Today, 03:03 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,705 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Put Hydrogen Peroxide in a spray bottle and soak the bugs. Wait for the foaming to stop, which takes a minute or two and they'll flush right off with no damage to the car (or motorcycle).
The following 2 users liked this post by Bluehighways:
CurryPuff (Today), Fishah (Today)
Old Today, 03:11 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 141 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by RG88
slow day....
And yet this will likely stretch to 10 pages as well, as people argue about who's the laziest (I though Quad got banned yrs ago, who knew) and also repeat exactly what has already been said 10x on the other 10 pg thread from 1 day ago
The following 3 users liked this post by vern1:
Bluehighways (Today), Butzi (Today), RG88 (Today)

Quick Reply: Hate Washing The Car Myself - Options?