Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carmine Red or Ice Grey, about to lock

Search this Thread

Old Today, 11:57 AM
Hunky
Racer

Received 222 Likes on 140 Posts

Many of us have had more than one red sports car.
Ice Gray Metallic is new, fresh, and a knock out color. It is not bland or overly bold, it just works in a very current way but as always color is a matter of personal preference.
Old Today, 11:58 AM
yellolab
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by MKW
gotta agree re those wheels , my Carmine :
Hate you.
Old Today, 12:05 PM
jstap808
Racer

Received 225 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
I like carmine over guards red but I went with guards red b/c every time I went to the dealership I'd see Macans and other garden variety Porsches in carmine red on the lot so it made carmine less unique to me. Still, objectively speaking I think carmine red looks better than guards red.
How could you say such a thing, blasphemy?!?!?! In all seriousness I find that carmine red is too much like lipstick red and as you said is on a ton of Macans (mom vehicles). If you are going with a color beyond the neutral spectrum (black, white, gray) I say go bold, which is why Guards Red is the RIGHT choice hehe. As another poster said, anything besides gray is a win in my book.
Old Today, 01:25 PM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,421 Likes on 688 Posts

Prior to my Agate gray C2S, I had a carmine red and Kalahari tan (somewhat like cognac) Corvette C7 and never tired of that combo. Classic combo that will survive the test of time.
Old Today, 01:29 PM
3RsInCarrera
Instructor

Received 252 Likes on 71 Posts

The following users liked this post:
yellolab (Today)
Old Today, 01:47 PM
dontbeslow
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Assuming this is for a 992.2?
Both Carmine and IGM received price reductions from 992.1 to 992.2, not that it should be a deciding factor, but something i'd mention. I believe both were $3270 for 992.1 and for 992.2 are $860 for IGM and $1500 for Carmine or something along those lines.

IGM is a super-unique color, sometimes looks white, sometimes, bluish white, sometimes silver. You have to see it in person, it's close to BMW Hockenheim silver, but has more character. I would think touching up IGM would be more challenging vs touching up Carmine red.

IGM would be fantastic with almost any interior. I saw a 992.1 Turbo in IGM with slate gray + chalk stitching seats and deviated chalk centers and it was very upscale looking.
Carmine seems to scream sports car, which isn't a bad thing. The 911 can be sporty in a bright color or elegant in a muted color, both are great.

I don't think you can go wrong either way.
The following users liked this post:
rasetsu (Today)
Old Today, 01:49 PM
dontbeslow
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

They're both great colors. I also didn't like that Carmine was available on the Macan, but almost every color except for Guards and the current Yellow is available on Cayennes/Macans.

Guards is amazing, but does have an orange hue to it, while Carmine is a pure red. For 992.2 they're priced the same, for a 992.1 you're paying a premium for Carmine.
Old Today, 02:01 PM
Stespa
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 53 Posts

I’d go IGM, it highlights the lines of 992 and changes a lot under different lighting.
Old Today, 02:06 PM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 338 Posts

My friend just took delivery of an IGM Targa. I drove right by his car on Sunday without even seeing it. In a line of grayscale NPC cars parked next to each other on the street. It's basically white under the sun. It's not bad cause it's still a 911 but I would choose a non-grayscale color

Quick Reply: Carmine Red or Ice Grey, about to lock