Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most Offensive Offers You've Seen?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2024 | 02:48 PM
adrianp89
Pro

Originally Posted by Johnson369
The headline price is not a good deal for a 16k mileage 2020 base with a 120k MSRP
You're not going to find a CPO in SanFran much cheaper than that. Probably won't find much cheaper for any CPO 992 nationwide. Even if you feel the base price is on the high-end, it's not offensive by any means.

Last edited by adrianp89; 07-10-2024 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-10-2024 | 02:58 PM
Johnson369
Intermediate

Originally Posted by adrianp89
You're not going to find a CPO in SanFran much cheaper than that. Probably won't find much cheaper for any CPO 992 nationwide. Even if you feel the base price is on the high-end, it's not offensive by any means.
I’ve seen several in the 20k mile range that can be had around $105k (varying MSRPs). But to your point, not in SF!
Old 07-10-2024 | 03:00 PM
Risley
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrKarlB
That comes to $176k total over 72 months !!!
For a 4 year old used base model .... WTF
Looks like this was at SF Porsche
You can buy 3-1/2 BMW M2’s brand new for less
Old 07-10-2024 | 03:02 PM
Risley
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Johnson369
I don't feel comfortable saying, but it's 2 letters that starts with S and ends with F
LMAO
Old 07-10-2024 | 03:28 PM
zanary
Pro

A "just PDI" base 911 Carrera is ready for pickup at Porsche Fremont.

Agate Grey + Truffle Brown Club Leather + Premium Package plus other options.
Old 07-10-2024 | 03:52 PM
alaris
Racer

If you want to get really mad go look at Ryan Friedman’s prices.

I don’t understand getting this worked up about it. Move on, there are lots of examples to choose from across the country. Obviously that market is going to be the most expensive.
Old 07-10-2024 | 04:56 PM
2thHappy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by veo
We have reached a point where people are paying a subscription for license plates
Quite pathetic actually. Almost as bad as buying a plastic "metal" looking gas cap.
Old 07-10-2024 | 05:03 PM
DrKarlB
Instructor

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
Marin is great if you’re a local.
I got my T at MSRP from Burlingame... they were super easy to work with... well except the finance scumbag who make me spend 30min as he tried to rip me off over service plans and ppf
Old 07-10-2024 | 05:54 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrKarlB
I got my T at MSRP from Burlingame... they were super easy to work with... well except the finance scumbag who make me spend 30min as he tried to rip me off over service plans and ppf
That’s why it’s called “the box”.
Old 07-10-2024 | 06:10 PM
2thHappy
Rennlist Member

Its so much easier to show up with a check. Then all you're doing is signing paper work. Spent more time with the woman showing me how to use the features (later that. day I read the manual)
The following users liked this post:
detansinn (07-10-2024)
Old 07-10-2024 | 06:34 PM
DrKarlB
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2thHappy
Its so much easier to show up with a check. Then all you're doing is signing paper work. Spent more time with the woman showing me how to use the features (later that. day I read the manual)
I did show up with a check.
He said he had to offer all the "dealer options" while they got the paperwork filed
Old 07-11-2024 | 06:36 PM
Gary12000
Rennlist Member

To the OP, respectfully, i am a recent arrival at the Porsche brand only two years now, their pricing model is different than other brands, it just is... you might find an outlier and get a good deal out of state, but in general you will pay anywhere up to and including the original MSRP on a CPO.. that's the current market, i saw where you said you can find a 2022 with 20k miles at $105k, ok that might be the outlier, if that delear will sell it to you then good for you, i have found that the good deals out of state sometimes have a hidden past or perhaps a downside, it can be anything, weird color, a bad spec, a couple of accidents on the carfax, some missing maintenance, then you have to travel just to look at it, which means time and money and hassle, you get there and its not what you thought, do you then compromise and get it even though you might regret it, or do the flight of shame home lol.

onto your original post, the price of $115k is about right if you like the car it might be $5k high but if it s the one you want that's not much premium to pay for a car you really like not in 911 land.. the taxes are what they are... if you don't have a trade to get you a credit then that's going to be the same everywhere, based on the purchase price so those two number get you to $125k alone. add in the optional service plan or don't that's $9k so 125+9 = $134k the rest of the stuff is fluff that has little or no value.. thats not to say its not aggravating, it really is, but i get into it with them i'm always polite, but either that stuff is negotiable and then we are getting somewhere or its not and you can walk away..

As i said you have to like the car, if the dealer is close enough you could go by and see if you even like it, then talk about the numbers you can always politely walk away, i prefer not to burn a bridge in case i go back another time to look at a car i really want. .
Old 07-11-2024 | 06:45 PM
Johnson369
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Gary12000
To the OP, respectfully, i am a recent arrival at the Porsche brand only two years now, their pricing model is different than other brands, it just is... you might find an outlier and get a good deal out of state, but in general you will pay anywhere up to and including the original MSRP on a CPO.. that's the current market, i saw where you said you can find a 2022 with 20k miles at $105k, ok that might be the outlier, if that delear will sell it to you then good for you, i have found that the good deals out of state sometimes have a hidden past or perhaps a downside, it can be anything, weird color, a bad spec, a couple of accidents on the carfax, some missing maintenance, then you have to travel just to look at it, which means time and money and hassle, you get there and its not what you thought, do you then compromise and get it even though you might regret it, or do the flight of shame home lol.

onto your original post, the price of $115k is about right if you like the car it might be $5k high but if it s the one you want that's not much premium to pay for a car you really like not in 911 land.. the taxes are what they are... if you don't have a trade to get you a credit then that's going to be the same everywhere, based on the purchase price so those two number get you to $125k alone. add in the optional service plan or don't that's $9k so 125+9 = $134k the rest of the stuff is fluff that has little or no value.. thats not to say its not aggravating, it really is, but i get into it with them i'm always polite, but either that stuff is negotiable and then we are getting somewhere or its not and you can walk away..

As i said you have to like the car, if the dealer is close enough you could go by and see if you even like it, then talk about the numbers you can always politely walk away, i prefer not to burn a bridge in case i go back another time to look at a car i really want. .
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate the thoughts. Just to clarify, the $105k one was 20k miles but a 2020 (not a 2022). It is on the east coast at a Porsche dealer, CPO, and I've done as much diligence as I can short of a PPI. Excited to get it locked up!
The following users liked this post:
Gary12000 (07-12-2024)

Quick Reply: Most Offensive Offers You've Seen?