Sponsored by:

Too much yellow accents? (992.1 GTS)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2024, 05:19 PM
RyuBraska
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by itrocks4u
What is bothering you about the car? Is it just the yellow accents? Have you seen the car in person?

You don't want to wait for 992.2?
Mostly the yellow accents and the fact that it adds up being slightly more $$$ than I was planning to spend. The rest (including the exterior) is pretty much what I would have chosen.

As for waiting for the 992.2, that was the plan before it was unveiled but now that it has been unveiled, I'm not too sure about it. I don't like the front, lack of analog tach and I'm not sold on the hybrid aspect (even though it makes it significantly quicker). There is also a question of timing - as I've explained in the other thread, I have a GT4 that I can never drive and I find it frustrating. I would like to change this summer ideally. I also had an issue initially with the price increase of the 992.2 but it's not that much more expensive for a highly optioned one.

Originally Posted by 911Castle
I was 100% serious on swapping the vents. There, your problem is solved.
Duly noted. Do you know if they are easy to swap?
Old 07-01-2024, 09:39 PM
mcacs1
Instructor

Received 123 Likes on 67 Posts

I don't think it looks bad. It's not tacky. It's just a few accents. It has some originality. If you're ok with a bit of yellow as a color, go for it.
The following users liked this post:
992.2 (07-02-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 09:52 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by RyuBraska
Short story (longer story here: https://rennlist.com/forums/general-...2-1-4-gts.html), my dealer has a cancellation on a 992.1 4 GTS arriving in July.

It's quite heavily optioned. For the most part, it's options I would have taken, except for PCCB (but I don't mind paying for it - steel is a pain to maintain on my GT4) and a lot of yellow accents inside. https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRWXDHD5

The seatbelts and stitching is probably fine, but the painted air vents is a bit much I feel. They don't show up on the configurator, but I've found some pictures of a GT3 (https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...che-911-gt3-1/). It kind of work with yellow exterior, but not too sure with with white...

Should I pass? or can the air vents be retrofitted to the stock ones?
A Porsche in white reminds me of a refrigerator. Yellow interior accents are just plain ugly. Pass.

Last edited by Res Ips; 07-01-2024 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-01-2024, 10:22 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 760 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Res Ips
A Porsche in white reminds me of a refrigerator. Yellow interior accents are just plain ugly. Pass.
I love white 911 !!! It came down to white versus GT silver from my final choice and I picked GT silver, but that was only because I had 12 years in a row of white. I think a lot has to do with the landscape and architecture of your region. in Miami, white is just right. I even like how the yellow ceramic brakes go with it. I am just like the OP where I could live with the seatbelts and stitching, but the vents have to go.
Old 07-01-2024, 10:50 PM
TheDrivenGarage
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

I am sitting on a plane now flying to my European delivery to pick up basically the same spec minus the air vents and deviated stitching but plus the tach in yellow. I can send you some pics when I get my car on Wednesday. White is nice because you can do almost anything with it. I don’t think I would like the slats but like folks have said you can swap them out if it bothers you. The interior is really black if you stick with the Race-Tex/ Leather interior. It needs some color.
Old 07-02-2024, 12:49 AM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 121 Posts

Mostly the yellow accents and the fact that it adds up being slightly more $$$ than I was planning to spend. The rest (including the exterior) is pretty much what I would have chosen.

As for waiting for the 992.2, that was the plan before it was unveiled but now that it has been unveiled, I'm not too sure about it. I don't like the front, lack of analog tach and I'm not sold on the hybrid aspect (even though it makes it significantly quicker). There is also a question of timing - as I've explained in the other thread, I have a GT4 that I can never drive and I find it frustrating. I would like to change this summer ideally. I also had an issue initially with the price increase of the 992.2 but it's not that much more expensive for a highly optioned one.
The yellow stitching with belts will look really nice. The accents is something that you can potentially wrap as well if not swap? Can the dealer discount that for you? Will that change your mind?

I did pick up a 911 S that was black with red interior. I traded it in after 7 months. I couldn't connect with it because it was not "my spec". I did really want a gentian blue or any other shade and just don't like black cars. If accents is the only issue, and price is what you can afford, I'd say go for it if dealer can discount the price of the accents. If you would be changing multiple things on the car, then I'd say pass on it.
992.2 (07-02-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 05:05 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 2,024 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Short story (longer story here: https://rennlist.com/forums/general-...2-1-4-gts.html), my dealer has a cancellation on a 992.1 4 GTS arriving in July.

It's quite heavily optioned. For the most part, it's options I would have taken, except for PCCB (but I don't mind paying for it - steel is a pain to maintain on my GT4) and a lot of yellow accents inside. https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRWXDHD5

The seatbelts and stitching is probably fine, but the painted air vents is a bit much I feel. They don't show up on the configurator, but I've found some pictures of a GT3 (https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...che-911-gt3-1/). It kind of work with yellow exterior, but not too sure with with white...

I like the build minus the door sticker. The vents can easily be changed out, so that’s not a deal breaker. You could buy a couple of basic vents online; they are easy to change……or you can have Exclusive Option change the color for you. If you like everything else but the vents, get the car.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-02-2024 at 05:07 AM.
Old 07-02-2024, 07:08 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it looks great. Go ahead.
Old 07-02-2024, 07:21 AM
RyuBraska
Racer

Originally Posted by TheDrivenGarage
I am sitting on a plane now flying to my European delivery to pick up basically the same spec minus the air vents and deviated stitching but plus the tach in yellow. I can send you some pics when I get my car on Wednesday. White is nice because you can do almost anything with it. I don’t think I would like the slats but like folks have said you can swap them out if it bothers you. The interior is really black if you stick with the Race-Tex/ Leather interior. It needs some color.
Enjoy the European Delivery! And yes, a few pictures would be nice
Old 07-02-2024, 09:18 AM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,341 Likes on 1,429 Posts

Ask yourself, would you truly disregard an available car merely bc the vents are the wrong color??? I sure wouldn't.
M3Inline6 (07-02-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 11:49 AM
RyuBraska
Racer

By way of update, the dealer clarified that the vents are NOT painted yellow, they are painted in white (exterior color). Only the stitching is yellow. He sent me a picture of white vents on another car (with white stitching instead of yellow)

It makes it a lot more tempting...
Old 07-02-2024, 12:07 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

I bet you could close the vents, tape off and cover the area around the vent and re-paint the louvers any color you wanted OR find a YouTube video of how to disassemble the vents to replace them outright. Such a tiny detail to get worked up over . . . .
Old 07-02-2024, 12:28 PM
Crusje
Racer

Received 263 Likes on 136 Posts

By way of update, the dealer clarified that the vents are NOT painted yellow, they are painted in white (exterior color). Only the stitching is yellow. He sent me a picture of white vents on another car (with white stitching instead of yellow)

It makes it a lot more tempting...
Why do people get a Chrono dial colored without doing the matching tach?
Old 07-02-2024, 12:34 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 2,024 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Originally Posted by Crusje
…because some people don’t like the way the numbers on the tach look with colored dials, especially white. There are many threads on that topic.
Old 07-02-2024, 03:20 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Crusje
There's accent then there's overkill. Some people, me amongst them, are happy with only the Chrono dial being colored (lizard green for me).
guards85 (07-02-2024)

Quick Reply: Too much yellow accents? (992.1 GTS)