Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Friend selling me his 2022 911 Carrera 4 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2024 | 12:48 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Shogunade
I've been where you're at sorta. Having GTS isn't gonna satiate your desire for a TT/S. So I say just get this car as a placeholder and you'll have a chip to get the TT/S when you're ready. With the deal your friend is giving you, you'll make out even, even with no trade-in tax credit. And remember to thank your buddy for a great deal.
without knowing the MSRP , I am not really sure how can you tell that this is a great deal. This a 2022, private party sale should be well below MSRP. I recently looked at two 2022 GTS before I bought my current car, both had low miles , CPO and both were slightly below MSRP . I declined both
to Op I think the GTS is a sweet for the 992
I had 2022 C4S
2023 TTS
and recently a 2024 CS with MT . I did try to get a GTS but could not locate an allocation . I drive my friend's Dakar which essentially a GTS and I don't think you will miss a lot of the power
even my CS with 445 HP , I think the power is reasonable enough for the street . I had the car for 1 week and I find my self doing 80-90 MPH and I am not trying to push the car.
Old 07-01-2024 | 01:40 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pitt911
without knowing the MSRP , I am not really sure how can you tell that this is a great deal. This a 2022, private party sale should be well below MSRP. I recently looked at two 2022 GTS before I bought my current car, both had low miles , CPO and both were slightly below MSRP . I declined both
to Op I think the GTS is a sweet for the 992
I had 2022 C4S
2023 TTS
and recently a 2024 CS with MT . I did try to get a GTS but could not locate an allocation . I drive my friend's Dakar which essentially a GTS and I don't think you will miss a lot of the power
even my CS with 445 HP , I think the power is reasonable enough for the street . I had the car for 1 week and I find my self doing 80-90 MPH and I am not trying to push the car.
I had a 23 GTS that I specced almost similarly albeit it was a cab and the sticker was 178k. So OP is getting +20k off at $152k. The cheapest GTS is going for 170k on finder and that has 17k miles on it so yea 152 is a steal.

Say he keeps the car a year and sells it for 140 ish, pretty even.

And I'm convinced the power isn't what OP values as much as owning the apex predator and TT/S badge.

EDIT
Just read OPs reply. Two three years and putting that many miles on it throws off my estimates completely.

Last edited by Shogunade; 07-01-2024 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-01-2024 | 05:45 PM
Nein Eleven
Racer

Originally Posted by RamoThePharaoh
the thing I wanted most from the Turbo S would of course be the power. I did drive the GTS and while it was very very fast, I couldn’t help but think about the Turbo S and how much faster that would be. A tune would void the warranty and also probably affect future resale value. I know people say to enjoy the car and not worry about that, but I’d like to not just burn money.

My hopes were to wait 1-2 years and pick up a used Turbo S when the 992.2 version drops so that the 992.1 would be more affordable.
Serious question: did you put the pedal to the floor in Sports Plus mode and hold it there, in the GTS? If not, you haven’t even seen what a GTS can do let alone “need” the power of the Turbo S. If you truly don’t like to burn money, then make sure that you’re not ponying up for a TT/S just because it feels as fast at 40% throttle as a GTS does at 60% or whatever.

If, on the other hand, you’re one of those people that always needs to have the best version of something to be truly happy/content, then by all means you should stick to your original plan.
The following users liked this post:
rasetsu (07-01-2024)

Quick Reply: Friend selling me his 2022 911 Carrera 4 GTS