Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After 2 laps with .2 GTS which performance do you expect?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2024, 07:08 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 758 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Tobeit
What was your main concern? I think it was clear for some time it will be some type of hybrid. Price vs previous GTS? Some of the design choices? Concern about reliability? Just wondering and hope it was not the 1 lap comment? I am not in the market for one either but for different reasons.
Didnt think that would launch the GTS out of typical sequence and knew that some would be hybrid but not all . Has me wondering whats next ... I doubted a GTS .. I still, doubt a Gt3 .
What it is showing is how deep in the crap Porsche has become . The VW diesel mess hurt things .
The EU fines are massive .

In USA they did push back , Both Ford and GM cut EV production .
https://electrek.co/2024/05/13/ford-...100000-per-ev/

A bunch of states wanted to join California at banning ICE by 2035 and Virginia just backed out .
https://www.13newsnow.com/article/ne...d-8e09b003f9f2

Even Japan is cutting it back ,
https://www.topspeed.com/why-toyota-...tric-cars/?h22
Old 06-13-2024, 07:30 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jeff Whitten
Watch the next Formula 1 race. You can see this in play at the highest level in motorsports. Big difference between single lap best time (qualifying) and race performance over full race or track day where it needs to be managed a bit. I’m sure the 992.2 GTS will be a great track car.
Of course they wil win and it wil be with a hybrid . Look at how many here are sold and what better place too sell it than F1 . This is not an accident.. It's marketing and big money .

We never got to see the cars they could have built . We got snippets of it in the Gt cars .
The VW scandal led to survival mode . EU legislation and fines made it impossible for them to break .

They have picked their course and the herd follows .

We al, saw it start when they went "all turbo" . WE saw it more with just an EV taycan . no biggie .. just one car .

Now its a cancer and the only ones who can stop is not their engineers ... its their government leaders . Doesn't that speak to you ?

How can they lose when people are continuing to pay ADMs ,and believe it could not have been better ?

When the hybrid arrives and gone is the beautiful wail of the flat 6 (without all the particle filters and electric zapper_) it night dawn on some that something just isnt right . Even fast does not mean it's fun.

Old 06-13-2024, 07:38 PM
PSPorsche
Burning Brakes

Received 428 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
Read that after the NRing lap the battery was almost empty,

what happen to lag and performance when 0 battery left?

shall GTS owners seek a traffic jam to recharge it ? For how long?
Unless you never break and drive full throttle all the time, this will not happen to you.
Old 06-13-2024, 07:43 PM
DrKarlB
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 74 Posts

Florida and govt conspiracy theories....
... throw in a few "they are taking our freedoms "...

50% of Americans think the election was stolen ... WTF
Fox news selling outrage to the masses....

Its sad over here now
The following 3 users liked this post by DrKarlB:
alex2364 (06-13-2024), Tobeit (06-13-2024), twospyders (06-13-2024)
Old 06-13-2024, 07:43 PM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Received 701 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikone
I don't know why folks keep bringing up F1. It's ruled by regulations and everyone has to abide by them. It's (mostly) a level playing field. And we're not even touching on the technology being on a different level.

It's no comparison. It's like comparing a fighter jet to an airliner.
The comparison is around the hybrid technology with small battery which is similar. Specifically in this case based on commentary around single run performance, battery regen, and usage of the technology and over for track runs. If you think F1 is a level playing field, you haven’t been watching.
Old 06-13-2024, 07:44 PM
DrKarlB
Instructor

Originally Posted by PSPorsche
Unless you never break and drive full throttle all the time, this will not happen to you.
Exactly, (well its BRAKE... not BREAK... so almost exactly)
It will still charge even then as the turbo excess boost will still charge the battery
Old 06-13-2024, 07:46 PM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Received 701 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by yrralis1
Of course they wil win and it wil be with a hybrid . Look at how many here are sold and what better place too sell it than F1 . This is not an accident.. It's marketing and big money .

We never got to see the cars they could have built . We got snippets of it in the Gt cars .
The VW scandal led to survival mode . EU legislation and fines made it impossible for them to break .

They have picked their course and the herd follows .

We al, saw it start when they went "all turbo" . WE saw it more with just an EV taycan . no biggie .. just one car .

Now its a cancer and the only ones who can stop is not their engineers ... its their government leaders . Doesn't that speak to you ?

How can they lose when people are continuing to pay ADMs ,and believe it could not have been better ?

When the hybrid arrives and gone is the beautiful wail of the flat 6 (without all the particle filters and electric zapper_) it night dawn on some that something just isnt right . Even fast does not mean it's fun.
My example was to show a comparable tech and how it’s used in racing. Nothing more. I’m not weighing in on hybrid good or bad. The rest of your comments are pretty wild. 😂
Old 06-13-2024, 07:55 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DrKarlB

Its sad over here now
My numbers on EV cars and climate are accurate and is comprised of both parties who voted (survey done by AP and politico )
https://subscriber.politicopro.com/e...f-f1fdf66d0000

Quote from above survey -
8. Americans are not very willing to pay for climate policy
While the majority of Americans support climate policies, including a carbon tax on companies,
when it comes to paying for these policies in the form of a monthly fee on their energy use they
are much less supportive. In fact, more than half of Americans are unwilling to pay any amount
of money to combat climate change. Forty-five percent are willing to pay $1—more than last
year, but down from prior years of the poll. That said, a consistent minority is willing to pay a
significant amount (even $100) to combat climate change.
Old 06-13-2024, 07:57 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,512 Likes on 744 Posts

well, these discussions go downhill fast - degraded to rambling about conspiracies of false global warming and such. Uff. I am out.
Old 06-13-2024, 08:01 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

My example was to show a comparable tech and how it’s used in racing. Nothing more. I’m not weighing in on hybrid good or bad. The rest of your comments are pretty wild. 😂
Early in the thread I showed both how and why it was introduced into racing and what limitations were designated for hybrid vs non hybrid cars . It was clear that hybrid development was encouraged and supported while ICE was restricted , Handicap one and bolster the other and this is the result 10 years later . I showed this and gave the sources .
Old 06-13-2024, 08:09 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 772 Likes on 367 Posts

So am I to understand that with battery depletion and energy recapture that the electric boost will pulse in and out based on battery level? I would think that would add a wrinkle to manage under spirited driving as the feel/performance of the vehicle would constantly change based on charge/dischared status. Once depleted underway, does it wait for a full re-charge to reactivate? How long does it take to recharge when driving hard?
Old 06-13-2024, 08:11 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tobeit
well, these discussions go downhill fast - degraded to rambling about conspiracies of false global warming and such. Uff. I am out.
The auto industry is no stranger to emissions regulations but this is no conspiracy . This is as mainstream as it gets The end goal was and still, is EV by the EU .https://www.forbes.com/sites/neilwin...-hard-choices/

It has now hit the 911 hard . Now everyone can run out , pay ADMS, and cheer on RL or they can figure out which new models are less impacted and hope that new leadership swipes the pen and see where the cars go next .
Old 06-13-2024, 08:15 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,193 Likes on 2,069 Posts

Originally Posted by DrKarlB

Its sad over here now
It was a stolen election.

The government did lie to the people.

Please tell me, what is a woman?
Old 06-13-2024, 08:18 PM
DrKarlB
Instructor

Originally Posted by shrimp money
It was a stolen election.

The government did lie to the people.

Please tell me, what is a woman?
Old 06-13-2024, 08:19 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

The comparison is around the hybrid technology with small battery which is similar. Specifically in this case based on commentary around single run performance, battery regen, and usage of the technology and over for track runs. If you think F1 is a level playing field, you haven’t been watching.
This is a mass produced car with has to carry a warranty for 4 yrs and 50K . The constant reference to F1 shows how well Porsche marketing played it . F1 car and 992 GTS cars for public purchase are worlds apart .

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-13-2024 at 08:21 PM.

Quick Reply: After 2 laps with .2 GTS which performance do you expect?