Received 262 Likes on 136 Posts

​​​Let me get my crystal ball for lmao
Old 06-09-2024, 06:16 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,054 Posts

Originally Posted by Crusje
​​​Let me get my crystal ball for lmao

Exactly what I was alluding to earlier, but he got triggered……and then offered examples he already had experience with or that relevant information was readily available (…e.g…tires, brakes, etc.).

Last edited by M3Inline6; 06-09-2024 at 06:20 AM.
Old 06-09-2024, 07:11 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,552 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by yrralis1
Even if no one owned a 992.1 most would know that tires, brakes , and battery are routine parts . This car has a hybrid battery and with EV there is a point where a full replacement is recommended .
Two comments:

1.) Nothing with the batteries or electrical system in a 992.2 GTS should be considered “routine”. Imagine if the generator or starter needs replacement. Porsche warranty on the 400V battery is 8 years. Toyota warranty on Camry hybrid battery is 12 years.
2.) The only way I can afford a 911 is if I can perform all the routine maintenance myself in my garage on my Quick Jack. I cannot afford to own a car where I am paying shop rates of $400 for oil change, $1200 for brakes pad swap, or other routine maintenance, etc. Once the car becomes that complicated, I will look for something else. I am not saying the 992.2 GTS is that car. I am saying I do not yet know if it is or not. So, I am in “wait and see” mode on the 992.2 GTS. Sharkwerks has a point, though! So, I want to see some history.
The following users liked this post:
M3Inline6 (06-09-2024)
Old 06-09-2024, 07:13 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,552 Likes on 964 Posts

You have written. two posts and rather than. answer the question. or simply ignore it you opt to disrupt . I'll ignore you .
Wow, do you think that response to M3’Inline6’s comments was warranted? Rennlist = differing opinions, right? I do not see anything he said as “disruptive “.

Last edited by Fullyield; 06-09-2024 at 07:15 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Fullyield:
M3Inline6 (06-09-2024), Master Deep (06-09-2024), Tedster (06-10-2024)
Old 06-09-2024, 07:44 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 759 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
The base is going to be a hot seller, that's all I will say.
This is true . It ought not be where a person has to reject any trim to feel safe with the entry level . Had Porsche stated in the premiere that the new car is more easily accessible to technicians for a speedy and efficient service it would not leave this huge unknown . If Porsche stated that the hybrid battery is warrantied for 10 years it would have been reassuring .

I just wentthrough the experience of selling the 992.1 , When a dealership offers 130K for a car that cost 173 that has known reliability can you imagine what theywould do on a 200K car with issues if one tries to bail ? Fortunately two dependents beat the dealership offer by 15 and 16K and I was offered the chance to make more on consignment .

I am looking at the downside risks to the new car and there isa lot of it . Now I realize there are a. few guys here who practically boast about maximizing their loss but I am not one of them .

I am going to wait . I want to see the S. I want to see the Turbo. I already started looking at used Gt3's .

I am glad I sold my car . I had 2 great years and got a decent chunk back , Dealerships these days seem to feel like they are calling the shots . They dont .

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-09-2024 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-09-2024, 07:54 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Fullyield
Wow, do you think that response to M3’Inline6’s comments was warranted? Rennlist = differing opinions, right? I do not see anything he said as “disruptive “.
He did not answer the question , Other people did . I post in other forums where his post as well as yours above would be deleted as "off topic" .
Off topic posts are disruptive . This is a thread about maintenance expectations . Its not a thread about the Op's other cars or whether one feels its a valid question ,
I should not have to publicly explain this to you. but consider it an effort to be considerate .

I would like to move back to topic ......
Old 06-09-2024, 07:56 AM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 701 Likes on 452 Posts

This is true . It ought not be where a person has to reject any trim to feel sage with the entry level . Had Porsche stated in the premiere that the new car is more easily accessible to technicians for a speedy and efficient service it would not leave this huge unknown . If Porsche stated that the hybrid battery is warrantied for 10 years it would have been reassuring .

I just weren't through the experience of selling the 992.1 , When a dealership offers 130K for a car that cost 173 that has known reliability can you imagine what reheat would do on a 200K car with issues if one tries to bail . Fortunately two dependents beat the dealership offer by 15 and 16K and I was offered the chance to make more on consignment .

I am looking at the downside risks to the new car and there isa lot of it . Now I realize there are a. few guys here who practically boast about maximizing their loss but I am not one of them .

I am going to wait . I want to see the S. I want to see the Turbo. I already started looking at used Gt3's .

I am glad I sold my car . I had 2 great years and got a decent chunk back , Dealerships these days seem to feel like they are calling the shots . They dont .
Are you worried more about the projected maintenance cost(s) or the resale/trade value after you theoretically purchase a 992.2?

Cars are depreciating and not investment opportunities as a general rule, however you got that part down. Maintenance on the new 992.2 is quite simply, to me, going to be more expensive, just based on the additional systems and components they have now.

Last edited by PHX; 06-09-2024 at 07:57 AM. Reason: forgot a word
Old 06-09-2024, 08:00 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Fullyield
Two comments:

1.) Nothing with the batteries or electrical system in a 992.2 GTS should be considered “routine”. Imagine if the generator or starter needs replacement. Porsche warranty on the 400V battery is 8 years. Toyota warranty on Camry hybrid battery is 12 years.
2.) The only way I can afford a 911 is if I can perform all the routine maintenance myself in my garage on my Quick Jack. I cannot afford to own a car where I am paying shop rates of $400 for oil change, $1200 for brakes pad swap, or other routine maintenance, etc. Once the car becomes that complicated, I will look for something else. I am not saying the 992.2 GTS is that car. I am saying I do not yet know if it is or not. So, I am in “wait and see” mode on the 992.2 GTS. Sharkwerks has a point, though! So, I want to see some history.
I agree with you . It's tough to give up the number 1 slot but the maintenance downside risk is that big .
Old 06-09-2024, 08:10 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PHX
Are you worried more about the projected maintenance cost(s) or the resale/trade value after you theoretically purchase a 992.2?

Cars are depreciating and not investment opportunities as a general rule, however you got that part down. Maintenance on the new 992.2 is quite simply, to me, going to be more expensive, just based on the additional systems and components they have now.
If the car is a big problem it could end up like the Taycan (200K cars are now retail at 85K ) . If the car is a home run then Porsche will raise the price and it's off to the races . It looks like Sharkwerks is already looking at this engine with pause . Every technician in my shop wants t buy a modified 997.1 Turbo which. I kept all these years and none have voiced excitement with the new car . I wish there were some technicians reading who might share their concerns like Sharkwerks did .

My full spec is 195K . My poverty spec is 176K . Thats a big difference .
Old 06-09-2024, 08:17 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,191 Likes on 3,027 Posts

Taycan depreciation is pretty consistent with good ole luxury sedan depreciation. Luxury sedan depreciation has always been significant, even for Porsche. Heck, look at used Panamera values.

I would not expect any 911 to follow that trajectory. People always want 911s.
Old 06-09-2024, 08:22 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

There are also a few things I find confusing with the car :

1) The nomenclature .. When the Taycan was called a "Turbo " everyone caught it but none are seeing it with this GTS . Usually a GTS is released later in the cycle and is a relative to the S . We dont know yet what the S is .

2) The Promo Color - EVERY GTS since 2008 was released in a promo featuring Carmine . Why is Porsche deviating so much (in 1 and 2 ) ?

3) Every 911 GTS has had the door inscription of "GTS" . This one has "T -Hybrid" . I find that odd .

It begs the question . Is this really a GTS ? Or is Porsche just calling this high risk car a "GTS" ?
Old 06-09-2024, 08:29 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by detansinn
Taycan depreciation is pretty consistent with good ole luxury sedan depreciation. Luxury sedan depreciation has always been significant, even for Porsche. Heck, look at used Panamera values.

I would not expect any 911 to follow that trajectory. People always want 911s.
Salesman showed me an internal paper from Porsche . It's what they expect the car values to be for every model , each year , with 10K miles driven . The 911 was the one they expected to hold the most value . The Taycan was the least by a huge margin . Even the Panamera beat it .
My 992.1 GTS cost less to own than my Macan GTS . Maintenance will play a big role in the new car . It's not just cost and about money . Its inconvenient and stressfull to live the shop facing repairs on a problematic car.
Old 06-09-2024, 09:10 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

This guy is exactly where I am at on this .
Old 06-09-2024, 09:13 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,054 Posts

He did not answer the question , Other people did . I post in other forums where his post as well as yours above would be deleted as "off topic" .
Off topic posts are disruptive . This is a thread about maintenance expectations . Its not a thread about the Op's other cars or whether one feels its a valid question ,
I should not have to publicly explain this to you. but consider it an effort to be considerate .

I would like to move back to topic ......
My question about your current car was an attempt at being friendly, as I’ve interacted with you without issue on 992Forum in the past. I was just genuinely curious. You lashed out, but I did answer your question. I just didn’t answer it the way you wanted me to by spitballing or tossing predictions at the wall to see what sticks.
The following 2 users liked this post by M3Inline6:
Fullyield (06-09-2024), Tedster (06-10-2024)

Quick Reply: Maintenance projections on the 992.2 GTS