Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2024, 09:36 PM
scornwel
AutoX

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hello14
@scornwel

thank you - it’s in Florida at Porsche Melbourne
@yrralis1 is too far away, but that's my home town, well just north in cocoa beach.

That seems like a lot to me. I'd probably look for something closer and at least a GTS.
Old 06-06-2024, 10:05 PM
Hello14
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

@jlegelis can't PM you anymore bc you have exceeded your storage. Feel free to share your phone number - thank you!
Old 06-07-2024, 08:57 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by scornwel
@yrralis1 is too far away, but that's my home town, well just north in cocoa beach.

That seems like a lot to me. I'd probably look for something closer and at least a GTS.
@Hello14 I see I have been mentioned .

I decided to buy the new 992.2 GTS with some doubts but I wanted to take my money off the street while I waited . I had custom ordered a beautiful GTS and it gave me 2 fantastic years . I also replaced those awful Goodyear tires and it has Michelin 4S with plenty of tread remaining . My dealership used manager low balled me so I went to an independent up the road who has been in business for over 30 years . They were not only outstanding plus the beat the offer but we got to talk and know each other more , They told me they have clients all over the country so it doesnt matter that you are in California .
I optioned my car in GT silver , with lightweight package (but chose18 way seats as I am 65) , Carbon fiber roof , and PCCB with PDK . It has the GTS leather /race tex interior but I did opt for a leather steering wheel . It has PPF and Ceramic by one of the best detailers in Miami . It was very hard to let it go . It has 14K miles ,
Heres a few pictures and if you are interested PM me and I will, send you a link to the dealership and the guy who I dealt with that was very easy to talk to.

The following users liked this post:
Gary12000 (06-07-2024)
Old 06-07-2024, 11:44 AM
Gary12000
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Thoughts

my only nit with this car is can’t I get a new 2024 model for roughly the same price? Granted this is an S model and I’m looking at base Carerra on the configurator but realistically I don’t think I need the extra HP of an S
I had a base car albeit a 991.2 and whilst it had a decent spec and i really liked it.. i kept eyeing further up the range, bigger brakes.. bit more HP, bit more cache in my opinion, i think you would be hard pressed to find another CPO in a base with the spec that this car has, certainly a new one would be an option if you want to wait 6 months.. i went through the same exercise of going on the configuration and speccing out a Base 911 "T" and i busted through 145k quite easily, so then you have a high spec base car, so give it a year and you might start thinking hmmm shall i do a tune , then you have to be concerned about your warranty, oh should i have gotten the S, then the next thing i thought was oh i wonder what my trade in value is on this base car... these are all subjective thoughts of course.
Old 06-07-2024, 11:52 AM
Gary12000
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 103 Posts
Default wow

Originally Posted by yrralis1
@Hello14 I see I have been mentioned .

I decided to buy the new 992.2 GTS with some doubts but I wanted to take my money off the street while I waited . I had custom ordered a beautiful GTS and it gave me 2 fantastic years . I also replaced those awful Goodyear tires and it has Michelin 4S with plenty of tread remaining . My dealership used manager low balled me so I went to an independent up the road who has been in business for over 30 years . They were not only outstanding plus the beat the offer but we got to talk and know each other more , They told me they have clients all over the country so it doesnt matter that you are in California .
I optioned my car in GT silver , with lightweight package (but chose18 way seats as I am 65) , Carbon fiber roof , and PCCB with PDK . It has the GTS leather /race tex interior but I did opt for a leather steering wheel . It has PPF and Ceramic by one of the best detailers in Miami . It was very hard to let it go . It has 14K miles ,
Heres a few pictures and if you are interested PM me and I will, send you a link to the dealership and the guy who I dealt with that was very easy to talk to.

what a great looking car.. with a well thought out build i imagine your new build will be terrific,...
yrralis1 (06-07-2024)
Old 06-07-2024, 09:37 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary12000
what a great looking car.. with a well thought out build i imagine your new build will be terrific,...
Thank you . The dealership sold my car in 3 days . It's gone but not forgotten.
Old 06-08-2024, 09:14 PM
sk911
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

@jlegelis

thank you for flagging. Some questions: 1. What is the use case for surround view and 2. How do I get access to PPN so i can see if other cars i look at have similar issues that the dealer isn’t disclosing? Now I feel like it’s bad to just look at the CPO inspection report and car fax bc those don’t tell the whole story.
Hope your travels to see the car are going well...
Saw this post today with a similar issue your car had...Might be worth looking into if you're buying the car...
Looks like there is a technical service bulletin for faulty injector and engine wiring harness.

First Porsche -- mistake? Looking for advice - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums
Hello14 (06-08-2024)
Old 06-08-2024, 10:05 PM
Hello14
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sk911
Hope your travels to see the car are going well...
Saw this post today with a similar issue your car had...Might be worth looking into if you're buying the car...
Looks like there is a technical service bulletin for faulty injector and engine wiring harness.

First Porsche -- mistake? Looking for advice - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums
@sk911 thank you bro. After seeing the service history Thursday, I actually cancelled my flight to go see the car. While I love the look, I’m being patient and will only buy if I’m satisfied with everything in the car. Thank you again!
Old 06-08-2024, 10:14 PM
sk911
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Sent you a PM
Hello14 (06-08-2024)
Old 06-08-2024, 10:35 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Received 630 Likes on 379 Posts

After seeing the service history Thursday, I actually cancelled my flight to go see the car. While I love the look, I’m being patient and will only buy if I’m satisfied with everything in the car. Thank you again!
You have mentioned this is similarly priced to a new 24 base. If you can definitely get one soon then it is a good option. Deliveries of first 24 base cars to the US should be August/September.
Hello14 (06-08-2024)

Quick Reply: Noob Question