Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is Silver Door Trim Option? and Front License plate space?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2024, 11:31 AM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Where is Silver Door Trim Option? and Front License plate space?

Hey,

I finally get to see the new 3D builder now (after all these years). Why is Porsche not offering Silver Trim around the windows. Also, it is going to be challenge (I hope third party) can come up with the front license plate bracket. I live in a state where front license is required.

My configured build for Carrera 4 GTS is at 223K wow --- those are Turbo pricing...sigh (sign of the times).

Capt Kirk.

Old 06-01-2024, 11:49 AM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Received 688 Likes on 315 Posts

A few threads on front license mounts, not sure on compatibility with 992.2, but a starting point for you.

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1410...ng-sensor.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1343...e-bracket.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1286...e-bracket.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1254...ntrol-acc.html

Old 06-01-2024, 11:52 AM
alaris
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 52 Posts

Chrome trim isn’t available on the GTS. It’s there for the base.
Old 06-01-2024, 08:40 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 859 Likes on 528 Posts

GTS hasn't had the option for bright window trim in I think forever. Part of the highlight of the GTS is the blacked out trim. Bright window surrounds is available on base and will likely be available as well on S.

Are you really concerned this early on about there not being a place for a front plate? The configurator didn't show a front plate on .1 renders either and on other models it's a Euro plate. There's a clear spot front and center where a front plate bracket can mount.
I​'m sure Porsche will have some bumper drilled in solution for Canada and various US states and the aftermarket will then soon follow suite with no-drill solutions like every time in the past.
Old 06-02-2024, 07:39 AM
rdv
Instructor

Received 197 Likes on 98 Posts

Maybe others have mentioned this before....... I have the standard factory plastic front plate mount for my 2021 C2S that came with the car when I bought it. When you hold it in place with your hand or tape to the front bumper in its specified mounting spot, there are two small plastic tabs on the bottom of the plastic mount that extend backwards about 1-2 inches. This is similar to the license plate mount on my old 997. So, same as the 997 mount, I used a small drill, and drilled UP through those two small tabs, into the BOTTOM of the bumper. The holes are impossible to see unless you lay down on the ground on your back and look for them. Then, you take two small self tapping screws and screw them UP through the tabs and voila your license plate mount is mounted, and reasonably secure - at least enough to drive it on the highway, etc. I live in Virginia, where front plates are required. So what I did is already attach the license plate to the plastic mount, and I carry the mounted license plate in the frunk along with a small baggy with two screws and a small screwdriver and a towel. If I get pulled over, I tell the officer I can fix it now if he will give me 5 minutes. I pull out the towel, lay it on the ground, lay on my back, screw on the mounted plate, thank the officer for his patience, and then motor on my way. I pull the plate off when I get him and toss in back into the frunk. All of these expensive and fancy mounts are not needed, and this way the mounted plate does not interfere with the ACC or the parking sensors or anything else. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best. Good luck, be careful out there and remember YMMV.

Here are some photos of the low-tech solution I have successfully used on my 2021 911 and on my older 2007 911. This is not rocket science folks. As long as you are careful and can drill a straight hole with a tiny 1/16 inch drill bit you are in business..... Honestly, I think the Carbonio is interesting, if perhaps a bit overengineered. I prefer to keep things simple. For those of you who (a) don't have ACC and (b) live in jurisdictions where you must have the front plate mounted, then perhaps Carbonio is a good solution for you. Personally I HATE front license plates on any of my cars. I'm willing to take the risk of getting pulled over and hoping the cop is sufficiently patient to let me screw the plate on and then be on my way with a warning. Anyways, like I said, this isn't a difficult problem to solve. Good luck.
Cheers.
Ross

rdv is online now Report Post

Old 06-02-2024, 11:15 AM
Bryan Simmons
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 56 Posts

I honestly feel bad for you guys that have to add a front plate.
Old 06-02-2024, 04:04 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 901 Likes on 503 Posts

That is a good solution but not for the sport design front end. The carbonio seems to use the same approach with their "high mounted" plate holder, but they use glue pads to hold it in place to avoid all drilling. Not sure why they didn't use velcro. When I get my car, I'll have to take a look to see if its possible. Otherwise I think I am going with the tow hook mount.

Quick Reply: Where is Silver Door Trim Option? and Front License plate space?