Sponsored by:

No love for the base 992.2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2024, 07:39 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by r4mi5awi
The only 2 differentiating factors now between base and GTS, is the price delta and t-hybrid. The S needs to offer a manual to differentiate itself, as it would be the only reason I'd buy it over the GTS! Otherwise if not, the price delta between the two is relatively small, and most would just jump for the GTS. I know I would. Unless ADM and long allocation wait-list shenanigans are in play.
There is some downside risk with the GTS . EV and hybrids depreciate like a falling rock . That engine will be dated faster than yoir iPhone , Then what ? Plus we dont really know anything about its long term reliability , The twin turbo is bulletproof .
Old 06-03-2024, 07:47 AM
Schn3ll
Burning Brakes

Received 1,070 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by yrralis1
There is some downside risk with the GTS . EV and hybrids depreciate like a falling rock . That engine will be dated faster than yoir iPhone , Then what ? Plus we dont really know anything about its long term reliability , The twin turbo is bulletproof .
EV’s yes, but not all hybrids. I own a RAV4 Prime and it’s one of the slowest depreciating cars you can buy, but that’s an exception not a rule.

It will be interesting how depreciation changes once nearly every vehicle sold is hybrid or EV… an unfortunate reality I hope doesn’t come to fruition, just being a realist.
The following users liked this post:
rmb1973 (06-03-2024)
Old 06-03-2024, 07:54 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Schn3ll
EV’s yes, but not all hybrids. I own a RAV4 Prime and it’s one of the slowest depreciating cars you can buy, but that’s an exception not a rule.

It will be interesting how depreciation changes once nearly every vehicle sold is hybrid or EV… an unfortunate reality I hope doesn’t come to fruition, just being a realist.
Agree . Rav4 is an exception . Friend's wife loves the vehicle and made the switch from EV to the hybrid .
The following users liked this post:
rmb1973 (06-03-2024)

Quick Reply: No love for the base 992.2?