Sponsored by:

Car Security Package

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2024, 02:02 PM
TRIPLEBLK1
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Car Security Package

Hey guys! I would be interested in your views about the Porsche Security Package, especially in the forth year of ownership. Is it worth having?
Old 05-09-2024, 02:52 PM
PSPorsche
Pro

Received 420 Likes on 251 Posts

What exactly is this, and what capabilities does it give you?
Old 05-09-2024, 03:08 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,062 Likes on 2,030 Posts

I really don't want the car back after it's been molested.
The following 3 users liked this post by shrimp money:
detansinn (05-19-2024), Haros (05-19-2024), pfelsen (05-09-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 09:21 AM
TRIPLEBLK1
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 88 Posts

Good point!
Old 05-10-2024, 02:08 PM
zanary
Pro

Received 596 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by PSPorsche
What exactly is this, and what capabilities does it give you?
$279/year and here is what it gives you! I don’t have it but was curious if anyone else has it wants it.

https://connect-store.porsche.com/us...model=911_2022

Old 05-19-2024, 12:55 AM
PSPorsche
Pro

Originally Posted by zanary
$279/year and here is what it gives you! I don’t have it but was curious if anyone else has it wants it.

https://connect-store.porsche.com/us...model=911_2022
Thank you.

The Porsche App already allows us to track the location of our cars. I guess this is called "Porsche Vehicle Tracking System [PVTS]", but I think it is included as standard on all our cars.

The "Car Security Package" seems to be an additional paid service on top of PVTS.

Am I correct I assuming this is just a subscription for a security company (called "Security Operations Centre [SOC]") that monitors the car for alarms and notifies the owner?
Old 05-19-2024, 01:06 AM
tonka858
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Buy a apple air tag for $30 bucks, If it gets stolen report it when it crosses into Mexico

They really need to make the surround view recordable like Tesla
The following users liked this post:
zanary (05-19-2024)
Old 05-19-2024, 01:23 AM
zanary
Pro

Received 596 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by PSPorsche
Thank you.

The Porsche App already allows us to track the location of our cars. I guess this is called "Porsche Vehicle Tracking System [PVTS]", but I think it is included as standard on all our cars.

The "Car Security Package" seems to be an additional paid service on top of PVTS.

Am I correct I assuming this is just a subscription for a security company (called "Security Operations Centre [SOC]") that monitors the car for alarms and notifies the owner?
I am able to track the location of my 911 using the app, so maybe we have 1 year of free service for this feature. My PPF guy also set off for my alarm the other day, and I received an Apple Push Notification on both my iPhone and Apple Watch. What I did discover is that it was a regular Push Notification and not a Critical Alert, so that tells me that Porsche has not applied for Critical Alerts or did apply for the special entitlement but was denied. (If Porsche is secretly watching this thread, here is the link for you to apply for the Critical Alerts Entitlement. Your Account Owner/Agent Role employee should be able to submit your application form for this entitlement = https://developer.apple.com/contact/...s-entitlement/)

Yes, I also have an AirTag in the Porsche on the interior.

Last edited by zanary; 05-19-2024 at 01:26 AM.
Old 05-19-2024, 02:44 AM
PSPorsche
Pro

Originally Posted by zanary
I am able to track the location of my 911 using the app, so maybe we have 1 year of free service for this feature. My PPF guy also set off for my alarm the other day, and I received an Apple Push Notification on both my iPhone and Apple Watch. What I did discover is that it was a regular Push Notification and not a Critical Alert, so that tells me that Porsche has not applied for Critical Alerts or did apply for the special entitlement but was denied. (If Porsche is secretly watching this thread, here is the link for you to apply for the Critical Alerts Entitlement. Your Account Owner/Agent Role employee should be able to submit your application form for this entitlement = https://developer.apple.com/contact/...s-entitlement/)

Yes, I also have an AirTag in the Porsche on the interior.
Good to know. +1 for the air tag.

Can anyone verify if this is a service that is available for free with all new cars for a short time (like 1 year)?

Quick Reply: Car Security Package