Sponsored by:

Final Feedback on C2S Build!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 07:31 PM
pcar_electric
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Final Feedback on C2S Build!

Team, I'd love some final feedback as my allocation locks this week!! I've finally decided on the following:

1. Regular front bumper b/c I'm in NYC and I've seen some front lips get damaged. No FAL because it's a C2S and not too low.
2. Gentian blue b/c I like how it color shifts and I cannot get racing yellow or python green or other crazy colors!

Here's what I need help on:
1. Red or clear taillights?
2. I'm going full black interior with yellow belts and tach. I just want an accent color in there, any other options I'm missing?
3. Exclusive design wheels with aurum b/c I want to be a bit more fun. I have not seen it with black calipers on a Gentian Blue so will need to just use my imagination.
4. Should I add the 911 Carrera S in gold on the door, see photo below?

What do you think? Anything else to add/kill?

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRSBFSM4

Old 04-29-2024, 11:36 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,446 Likes on 786 Posts

Originally Posted by pcar_electric
Team, I'd love some final feedback as my allocation locks this week!! I've finally decided on the following:

1. Regular front bumper b/c I'm in NYC and I've seen some front lips get damaged. No FAL because it's a C2S and not too low.
2. Gentian blue b/c I like how it color shifts and I cannot get racing yellow or python green or other crazy colors!

2. I'm going full black interior with yellow belts and tach. I just want an accent color in there, any other options I'm missing?
3. Exclusive design wheels with aurum b/c I want to be a bit more fun. I have not seen it with black calipers on a Gentian Blue so will need to just use my imagination.

What do you think? Anything else to add/kill?

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRSBFSM4
You're going to receive 100 opinions, but…..
  • Go with the Exclusive Design taillights.
  • Choose the options most desirable to you since you are the driver. It’s hard for us to evaluate what matters most to you.
  • Get the wheels. Be bold!
  • Flip a coin on the matching stickers.
  • I would suggest the extended dash and doors in leather to compliment that 930 package.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 04-30-2024 at 05:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
alaris (04-30-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 07:43 AM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 2,995 Likes on 1,286 Posts

all personal taste questions and as you will undoubtedly hear repeatedly, get what makes you happy. Besides, why would you listen to a bunch of people you've never even met?
Old 04-30-2024, 12:27 PM
Falcon01
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

I would get rid of the ionizer (have it and don't notice any difference compared to my old 911 that didn't have it) and definitely remove the lightweight glass if you're in NYC area. They crack much easier and our roads here suck.

I would try to add some sort of deviated stitching or change the interior to chalk or do something else to make the interior more unique.

As per FAL, I have FAL on My C2S, I still scrape without it, the curbs and roads in our area suck. There are intersections in Jersey and LI where I need to activate the lift or I'll scrape driving through the intersection lol. Yeah, it's not too low, but the speed bumps, constant construction and poorly designed aprons will get you.
The following 2 users liked this post by Falcon01:
nyca (04-30-2024), PJS313 (05-06-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 02:09 PM
Dream in PTS
Burning Brakes

Received 916 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by pcar_electric
Red. Looks cool and matches the red reflectors.
I don't think the yellow belts will look good from the outside when coupled with the aurum trim on the ED wheels.
ED wheels are incredible. I'm not a fan of the aurum trim, but if you like it, Gentian is a good color for it and it will certainly set your 911 apart from others.
I would add zero stickers.
Answers is red above.
The following users liked this post:
alaris (04-30-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 03:22 PM
alaris
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Dream in PTS
Answers is red above.
agreed with this, adding that exclusive wheels with the inset areas in exterior color may be a better choice. And that you’ll never regret adding FAL.
Old 04-30-2024, 11:56 PM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 106 Posts

Awesome build.

I got almost the same build. GB exterior, black interior, yellow belts!
Old 05-01-2024, 04:12 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,720 Likes on 913 Posts

I prefer the red lights and don’t think they clash with the interior.

I like the yellow tach and belts.

I have a GB and love the color.

I would suggest black on the ED wheels. Find some pics. They really pop. Unpainted or the aurum I don’t think will look nearly as good. Get the sticker in silver. Don’t try to match the interior. It will augment the silver in the wheels.

Last edited by 3rdpedal; 05-01-2024 at 04:14 AM.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:23 AM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,285 Likes on 620 Posts

Kill lightweight and noise reduction glass-chips and cracks happen occasionally.

If you are into listening to music, get the Burmester.
Old 05-06-2024, 11:24 AM
pcar_electric
Track Day

Originally Posted by itrocks4u
Awesome build.

I got almost the same build. GB exterior, black interior, yellow belts!
Awesome! Do you have any pics anywhere? How has the yellow belts held up?
Old 05-06-2024, 11:25 AM
pcar_electric
Track Day

Delete - Double Post

Last edited by pcar_electric; 05-06-2024 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-06-2024, 11:26 AM
pcar_electric
Track Day

Originally Posted by Staffie Guy
Kill lightweight and noise reduction glass-chips and cracks happen occasionally.

If you are into listening to music, get the Burmester.

Thanks I went deep decided to get Burmester even though I originally wanted to do the Musicar stage II. I'll save the DIY for my Jeep!
Old 05-06-2024, 11:28 AM
pcar_electric
Track Day

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
I prefer the red lights and don’t think they clash with the interior.

I like the yellow tach and belts.

I have a GB and love the color.

I would suggest black on the ED wheels. Find some pics. They really pop. Unpainted or the aurum I don’t think will look nearly as good. Get the sticker in silver. Don’t try to match the interior. It will augment the silver in the wheels.
I'll admit that does look good, but I was looking to do a more unique spec, hence the Aurum. If I don't like it, I'm sure I can go aftermarket! Love your clear side markers. I wish we could get clear parking bumper relfectors - I do not want to get painted ones and lose out on the safety aspect.
Old 05-06-2024, 11:30 AM
pcar_electric
Track Day

Originally Posted by Falcon01
I would get rid of the ionizer (have it and don't notice any difference compared to my old 911 that didn't have it) and definitely remove the lightweight glass if you're in NYC area. They crack much easier and our roads here suck.

I would try to add some sort of deviated stitching or change the interior to chalk or do something else to make the interior more unique.

As per FAL, I have FAL on My C2S, I still scrape without it, the curbs and roads in our area suck. There are intersections in Jersey and LI where I need to activate the lift or I'll scrape driving through the intersection lol. Yeah, it's not too low, but the speed bumps, constant construction and poorly designed aprons will get you.
That's nuts that you scrape a C2S even on regular roads. This will be 80% hamptons, 20% city so I think I'll be okay! I've been looking at all the C2Ss in the city whenever I can and a majority don't have scraps on the lip but some have pretty bad ones. Def glad I am getting it unpainted and un-PPFed so I can swap it if need be.
Old 05-06-2024, 11:32 AM
pcar_electric
Track Day

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
You're going to receive 100 opinions, but…..
  • Go with the Exclusive Design taillights.
  • Choose the options most desirable to you since you are the driver. It’s hard for us to evaluate what matters most to you.
  • Get the wheels. Be bold!
  • Flip a coin on the matching stickers.
  • I would suggest the extended dash and doors in leather to compliment that 930 package.
Besides the extended leather, my final config is close to what you mentioned. Locks soon (I think, I hope!). Dealer says will lock this week, the Porsche site says it will lock on 6/16! Who do I believe? If it keeps dragging out, I'll be in 992.2 territory.

Quick Reply: Final Feedback on C2S Build!