Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie and Question on Homelink

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2024, 06:26 PM
Shambler
Racer

Received 259 Likes on 135 Posts

Everyone is focusing on the Homelink accessibility, but what about the other part of the comment.

The backup camera stays on for what I feel is a long time after I put the car in drive.
Old 04-02-2024, 07:07 PM
CurryPuff
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by 6sigma
I've never understood why German cars do this. Super annoying. You have to start the engine in a closed garage and deal with the noise and fumes before you can open the door. Then when you pull in the garage you have to close the door with the engine running as you can't operate the opener with the car off. It's completely backwards. I've noticed this on several German cars, have no idea why they do it this way.
My BMW lets me run the Homelink buttons while in accessory mode. On the BMW, I typically reverse in, turn the car off, press the Homelink button and then open the door.
On the GT4, I park in, turn the car off and get ilout of the car to use the button on the wall. And on top of that, the range for the Homelink is absolute crap in it. Royal PITA compared to the BMW.
Old 04-02-2024, 07:35 PM
shaf
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I use one of the programmable dash buttons for homelink and never have a problem. I use the other to disable auto start stop. I have no issues as homelink works every time with one touch.
Old 04-02-2024, 10:33 PM
Colokent
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by davidgriffith
Same I use this for start / stop. I hate the car stalling out at lights.

@PORSCHE if you’re reading this please give us a 3-4 programmable buttons so I can set up my 2 driving moods (daily / sporty) and determine my own critical functions so I don’t have to deal with any more stupid screens
Another way is to customize the "Individual" mode setting (if your car is equipped with Sport/Chrono) with Auto Start/Stop to OFF. I start the car, and immediately switch the dial to "Individual" mode...and use "Individual" as my stand-in for "Normal" mode...Plus, it would give you back the Joker (diamond) button to use for another function. Works like a charm on my 2021 992.1 S.

Quick Reply: Newbie and Question on Homelink