15.12%
Night Vision Assist
0%
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control - PDCC
20.93%
None: Save the Money
63.95%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

New Build Only Have $$$ for One Last Option...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2024, 02:54 PM
981KMAN
Burning Brakes

Received 677 Likes on 339 Posts
Default New Build Only Have $$$ for One Last Option...

I have a New Build Locking soon and only have $$$ for one of the following Options. Which one would you choose?

Current Configuration: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRNJQAL4

(See Poll Above)

Last edited by 981KMAN; 03-10-2024 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-10-2024, 02:57 PM
PSPorsche
Pro

Received 420 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by 981KMAN
I have a New Build Locking soon and only have $$$ for one of the following Options. Which one would you choose?
Which two options are you considering?

EDIT: I didn’t see the poll. Got it!

Last edited by PSPorsche; 03-10-2024 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-10-2024, 03:14 PM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 749 Posts

Save your money on the matrix, as I do not think they are yet activated in the US.

If you get PDCC you will also have to add RAS..

I would also opt for PASM sport (lowered -10MM) - for the S you will have less wheel arch showing (and you are not low enough to remove any comfort or need for FAL) - my 992 S coupe before my targa was super compliant even on rough roads with the sports PASM.

Also - You might want to consider the extended rage fuel tank since going with Just the S and not 4S (not available with the 4s).
Old 03-10-2024, 03:15 PM
Nidal
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Current Configuration: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRNJQAL4

(See Poll Above)
Save for RAS
Old 03-10-2024, 03:40 PM
PSPorsche
Pro

LED Matrix Headlights with PDLS+

PDLS+ Is included in the Premium Package, and it swivels the headlights when you turn and automatically adjusts high beams. This should be all you need. Also, the Matrix Headlights are disabled in the U.S. anyway, so if you are U.S. based, you are literally paying for nothing!

Night Vision Assist

People on this forum say Night Vision Assist is useless, but some like it. If you regularly drive at night in an area with deer, it might be useful.

Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control - PDCC

People say PDCC induces a a queasy feeling, especially in passengers, because the way the car stays flat during turns is unnatural. Instead, I would try to spend a coupe of grand extra and get the Sport Package. You’ll get an upgraded lowered suspension and the Sport Chrono Package.

(Humble) Suggestion

I suggest you see how you can add the Sport Package within your budget.

If you can’t do that, add the PASM Sport suspension for $1020 and/or the Sport Chrono Package for $2790. Both of these together are only $3810, which is only $640 more than PDCC alone.

Make up the $640 by sacrificing some of the Exterior options you have selected. For example, the Rear Lid Grille Vertical Slat Inlays in Exterior Color for $720 will hardly be noticeable. Some people just apply special tape to these later. So can you do this, if you decide later you really wanted them.

I know you are going for a gloss black and silver theme, but the $409 Silver Windows Trims may not match as well with your wheels as you think. Also, this might clash with the gloss black $660 Mirror Lower Trim.

You build is nice, and these are just suggestion for saving the $640.

But if you can get the Sports Package, which includes Sports Chrono and Sport PASM, that would be the best way to go.

Last edited by PSPorsche; 03-10-2024 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-10-2024, 04:27 PM
dudeoverthere
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 299 Posts

i have night vision assist because i live outside of town where there are lots of deer and elk. other than the one time i tested it in town, it's not picked anything up. i've had it on and come upon deer, elk, foxes, and neighbors walking there dogs with no notification. if it warns me once it will be worth it but i don't expect it to warn me at this point.

matrix lights as mentioned are not functional in the USA

get sport package included with manual transmission.

PDCC requires RAS. I have both and really like them. would suggest that option.
The following users liked this post:
TheGeneral (03-10-2024)
Old 03-10-2024, 05:08 PM
PSPorsche
Pro

Originally Posted by dudeoverthere
PDCC requires RAS. I have both and really like them. would suggest that option.
I did not know PDCC requires RAS. That means the effective cost of PDCC is $5,260.
Old 03-10-2024, 05:48 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 901 Likes on 503 Posts

PDCC is not needed unless you have a Targa or a Cab, its designed for "top heavy" cars.

Silver window trim while your mirrors are trimmed in high gloss black? Consider the window trim in high gloss black also, as noted above. That silver window trim is not going to sync up, IMHO. If you get the roof liner in racetek, you need the racetek sun visors too.

I wouldn't get anything listed there, I would instead consider the sport design fascias (front and/or rear, to your liking)
Old 03-10-2024, 06:05 PM
981KMAN
Burning Brakes

Received 677 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
Save your money on the matrix, as I do not think they are yet activated in the US......

If you get PDCC you will also have to add RAS.......

Also - You might want to consider the extended rage fuel tank since going with Just the S and not 4S (not available with the 4s).
Originally Posted by PSPorsche
I did not know PDCC requires RAS. That means the effective cost of PDCC is $5,260.
First, Thanks for all the great input & feedback!

1) Do the LED Matrix Headlights provide any performance value over the Standard LED (w/PDLS+) lights? Brighter? Wider? More Swivel? Anything??

2) Confirmed... PDCC requires RAS. Since we have RAS on our 991.2 Targa 4GTS, I don't see the $5K (PDCC + RAS) value in going for this combo.... Thanks for the input!

3) Night Vision Assist - Seems this forum is split as some say it works and other say not so much.....

4) Extended Range Fuel Tank. What is the latest information on the problems with this larger tank shifting and making noise??

Old 03-10-2024, 06:39 PM
nyca
Drifting

If you don't take long trips with the car, don't get the extended tank. Most people just check that box because it's one of the few low cost options - but if you get one that rattles, and really don't need the extended range, you'll regret getting it. It's up to you to balance the pros and cons.
Old 03-10-2024, 06:48 PM
silverscooby27
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

PASM and Sport chrono
PSPorsche (03-10-2024)
Old 03-10-2024, 06:48 PM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 114 Posts

Interesting build.

Youve selected more cosmetic optioms (exclusive leather, gloss black calipers, black wheels) vs performance (sports package, RAS). But you also said you have 4GTS so I would assume you know what you're doing.
Old 03-10-2024, 06:55 PM
F250to911
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by dudeoverthere
i have night vision assist because i live outside of town where there are lots of deer and elk. other than the one time i tested it in town, it's not picked anything up. i've had it on and come upon deer, elk, foxes, and neighbors walking there dogs with no notification. if it warns me once it will be worth it but i don't expect it to warn me at this point.
There must be something wrong with your unit then as it works fantastic for spotting dear and other wildlife. I keep it active in my dashboard area at night and it sees all sorts of things that I can't see. Deer in bushes, peds walking, etc.
jbl16 (03-10-2024)
Old 03-10-2024, 06:58 PM
nyca
Drifting

The issue with the night assist is that since the 911 has no HUD, you have to drive looking at the right side of the gauge cluster to use it.
The following 2 users liked this post by nyca:
F250to911 (03-10-2024), silverscooby27 (03-10-2024)
Old 03-10-2024, 07:39 PM
PSPorsche
Pro

Do the LED Matrix Headlights provide any performance value over the Standard LED (w/PDLS+) lights? Brighter? Wider? More Swivel? Anything??
As far as I know, the Matrix lights do not physically move, whereas the PDLS+ are motorized and swivel.

The U.S. does not allow multiple light elements for headlights, so the Matrix headlights are programmed to act as a single unit. Therefore, the individual LEDs can not be activated individually to illuminate different parts of the road, as they were designed to do.

Now, there is a way to activate these afterwards, via non-Porsche sanctioned programming, but you will have to pay a guy (extra) to do this. You can search for him here in RL.

Quick Reply: New Build Only Have $$$ for One Last Option...