992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M-engineering tuning offered at the Porsche Dealership

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 10:36 PM
naren776
AutoX

If the dealership if offering the tune why not just asked them what is covered and what isn’t? Why speculate ?
Old Yesterday | 10:45 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jlegelis
Not likely you’ll ever see one IMHO. Imagine someone had a failed head gasket, dropped a valve, or burned a rod bearing… how can any of those be definitively correlated with ‘a tune’ rather than a general ‘manufacturing defect’? Sure more heat/pressure/power will stress all systems, but how would one ever determine if those failures wouldn’t have also happened on a stock motor, albeit on a longer timeframe perhaps? Plenty of stories here of stock engine replacements reported here after just a few hundred miles - Porsche is not perfect.

Like Charles said, if you are worried about a warranty, don’t tune it, otherwise have a ball.
Completely agree on your last statement. The risks of tuning are known and the impact to warranty coverage uncertain and have been well discussed here.

As fo the first part, the same can be said from the other side. That is, if the car is tuned, how can you definitively prove that the tune did not cause or contribute to a failure in a powertrain component? At a minimum, you give Porsche the opportunity to claim it did even if it isn't the case.

While I'm here, anybody know with certainty how 3d party extended warranty companies like Fidelity treat tuned cars with their coverage? I know, I could research it myself but im lazy and looking for firsthand experience.

Quick Reply: M-engineering tuning offered at the Porsche Dealership